What is Your Final Vote on Rex Ryan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 18, 2013.

?

What Would You Do With Rex Ryan?

1. Keep Him

77.7%
  2. Fire Him

22.3%
  1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

If we fire Rex I hope they give Kubes a look. Dude could turn my 80 year old grandmother into a 1,000 back.

2. Mitch_Dumstein

Clean out your trailer

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

sure could and hopefully in 8 seasons w/ us he could win 2 WC games at home and nothing else.

Gary Kubiak over rex:rofl2:

4. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I'm on the "Keep Rex" train, but if we wanted to go a different direction Kubiak would be an offensive coach with experience.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I wouldn't want kubiak anywhere near my team. His teams have been underachieving for 5-6 years now and as an OC he road the coattails of Elway and TD.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Honestly, suggesting Kubiak is beyond crazy. I have been looking at alternatives to Rex today in my spare time, and I think I am now cheering for the Jets to dominate the Browns and knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs, to make the decision easier for Woody.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There is only one coach I would want to replace Rex, and that is David Shaw from Stanford. He has knowledge on both sides of the ball and has been around a lot of great coaches.

No David Shaw, no firing Rex.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Opinions on Rex's future are welcome....attacks and childish comments will be addressed.

I've warned several of the same posters, in the past few weeks (Geno Thread) causing issues in this thread....no more warnings will be issued to these posters...bannings will be given.

It's a shame we can't have a mature discussion.

STAY ON TOPIC!!

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't get the Kubiak love at all. Champagne talent, stale beer results.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Neither.......I say we kill him!

:mad:

11. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

That wasn't an option, but funny none the less.
    :rofl:

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Rex kept trotting Sanchez out even though he killed the team with his play. He would have done it this year if his favorite hadn't got hurt.

THIS IS BUT ONE OF SEVERAL REASONS WHY HE DESERVES TO BE FIRED.

13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Rex needs to stay here. its not his fault the offense isnt up to par, but you can blame him for putting a far far FAR below average roster into the playoff hunt, name another coach that could do so... i'll wait. we'll be fine with rex and some weapons on O

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

Our problem is at the quarterback position. We need a coach who can turn a QB into a 4000 yard passer with a 2:1 TD to INT ration.

And dont fool yourself, Foster and Tate are extremely talented. Oh, and not to mention terrell davis.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

Pssst. Your last name is showing.

"With 216 or so posts"... coming from the guy who joined 4 months ago.

The notion of Rex being extended after THIS season, is just laughable. The last three years, this team hasnt had a winning record. Im pretty sure that we've only beaten TWO teams with a winning record in the last 3 years. The ONLY thing that Rex has accomplished recently is putting together a very good front 7. Most of the reason for that are the three 1st round draft picks put into it. Our secondary is garbage, with 2 of Rex's "guys" at safety, while a quality young player in Allen rides the bench for much of the games. And oh yeah, not to mention our offense. I wont even begin to touch on how terrible they are.

If Indy doesnt bench their starters in 09', this wouldnt even be a discussion.

This offense needs to be completely rebuilt. Do you truly believe Rex is the guy to lead this team through that? He's shown his priorities are on the defensive side, and Im not sure his way of football (ground and pound, win games by having the other team score less) is able to sustain success over a long period of time. You can point to SF and Seattle, but they have 2 outstandingly talented football teams, and great young QBs. You dont sustain success in this league without a quality QB and a capable offense. Our lack thereof is certainly on [partly] Rex.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Reuben Droughns doe!

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I dont understand what you people have against rex, he changed the face of the franchise, we downright stunk , Blame Tanny if you wanna blame anybody for this mess.. We had a team and then Tanny destroyed it.. Rex can work with WHATEVER roster he has and make them overacheive but theres only so much that can be done with the mediocre players weve had on offense these last few years.. when we had talent on offense under rex.. yall see where we were.. back 2 back years.. we might not of even seen the playoffs those two years if it was for him.. we were 2 good quarters of football away from a superbowl and say we made it in 2010 this wouldnt even be an arguement right now.. #ISupportRexRyan !!

18. Mitch_Dumstein

And WHEN he gets extended I guess you'll be laughable

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Knock it off with the language or you're going to get some time off..

20. Mitch_Dumstein

Message received Cman

Won't happen again