Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsandcanes, Dec 17, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

some guys can get it done, some can't. Is it ALL Peyton's fault? of course not but he gets the bulk of the blame just as he gets the bulk of the credit any time they win.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

For the 3rd time you'd be right if football was an individual sport.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

LOL!

Serious case of Peytonis Envy there..

Peyton leaves Colts ..... Colts go into free fall.

:rofl:

4. nyjunc

you can say that all day long, the proof is in the results.

5. nyjunc

yes they freefalled into the playoffs last year then div title this year. what a ferefall! and the current colts team is very different from the elite squads they had w/ Peyton.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Colts are about to win a division that (outside of the Colts) has a collective 11-31 record.

Peyton Manning....Peyton Manning....Mark Sanchez.

Which doesn't belong and why?

(gotta step out for a spell...the answer should be rich) : )

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Are you saying you'd rather have Sanchez over Peyton?

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Sanchez got the job done when he had some decent talent around him... I don't blame him for last years debacle, sure he was pretty bad, but that's expected when your top receiver is a #3 on most teams and your OC has no idea what he is doing. Sanchez would've started this year if he didn't get hurt, and I think he would've been pretty decent (I don't think we would've seen as many turnovers as we have the past couple of years from him). With that being said, if he does take a paycut, I wouldn't mind to see him back in Green n White. Let him compete with Geno Smith, he can't be worse. Also, unless if a QB like Bridgewater falls into our laps wherever we pick, then we might just have to stick it out with who we have. Who knows, maybe Mark or Geno show us something that makes them worth keeping.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

What "proof" there are factors that went into those losses that were out of Peyton's control.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

junc, i havent battled with you in a bit. i have actually found myself agreeing with you fairly regularly since sancho got hurt and the thread got locked and it really hasnt been a topic.

but now that its starting to pop back up again i have to say you are just out of your mind with sanchez defense, your judgement is clearly clouded and you are blatantly reaching for things to give him credit for.

i am going to stay out of this thread because i am not going to add anything other than anger to it. you might want to do the same.

11. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

This should be good :rofl:

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Time 4 Mark Sanchass to go bye bye... i supported him way after everybody else jumped off the sanchez ship... but after the butt fumble... it was the icing on the cake for me.. I think he's a great teammate and will compete for a starting role for a bad team .. mayne thats what he needs..a clean slate...we destroyed his confidence here.. and plus he take up too much damn money!

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I agree with a lot of this. No matter who is put at the quarterback position they will suck. Sanchez. McElroy. Simms. Geno. They all suck. What's the common theme? Lack of weapons on the offensive side if the ball

14. JetLifeLo

I agree too BUT Mark was making mistakes that had nothing to do with the talent around him..lol i mean being at the bar was EMBARRASSING with this guy behind snap.. every single pass was a nailbiter (though he barely threw the ball more than 6 yards) He was making Geno mistakes in his 4th year... Hot garbage.. the ONLY thing he was good at was playaction fakes.. (Until he released that ball)

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

One thing that I have noticed between both of them Is the amount of balls that are forced into good coverage. Remember the gsme McElroy took, what, 14 sacks? It's because he didn't want to force anything or turn the football over. Both geno and mark were trying to make something happen with JAGs at The skill positions.

That being said, I am all in favor of a competition between Geno, Simms or a rookie we draft (preferably late in the draft), and Sanchez (if he restructures his deal). We are going to have some serious cap space and ammunition to load up on that side of the ball. Hopefully Idzik fires it in the right direction and hits his targets.

16. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Everything U said is true. But Geno is making his mistakes now while it took Sanchez 4 years? I don't hate either Geno or Mark but right now I want an experienced vet and a qb in the in the draft. What I truly have a hard time is why wouldn't Rex let Simms start at least one game.

17. JetLifeLo

I think after Simms put up only 3 points in a half in that dolphins game (i was there btw) Rex really realized its not Geno's fault.. Let the kid learn... and on that sanchez comment he was making mistake his whole career LOL! What if Sanchez had this offense his rookie year.. O M G

18. JetLifeLo

Yeah i remember that game last year..it was bad.. But i think Rex could use a year off of the QB controversies.. Get some playmakers around Geno and a decent vet backup QB, and keep Simms.. Sanchez gotta go his run here is done.. I trust Idzik though to get us where we gotta be

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I think the Sanchez era is officially over. Time to move on, It would be best for both parties.

It started with a lot of promise but it just wasn't meant to be, It is what it is.

We will need another QB and I would figure we do that somewhere on the FA market or in the draft.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Best for Sanchezis a chance to start. Once you become a backup in this league it is very hard to get out of that role. With the Jets he would get a chance to start, re-invent his career, and audition for all those QB needy teams.