What is Your Final Vote on Rex Ryan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 18, 2013.

?

What Would You Do With Rex Ryan?

1. Keep Him

77.7%
  2. Fire Him

22.3%
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Defense has been regressing, offense is terrible, but he hasn't lost the locker room. Lets extend him!

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Nah, let's bring in a new HC AGAIN! also a new QB, OC, GM. Clean house for fun every 2-3 years, it's clearly the way to build a champion!

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

After reading that, if I was Idzik or Woody, I would respond with: "Well, why did you only win 6 games for him then? In a weak AFC, at that."

This Browns game might be even more important than we think, actually. If the Jets come out roaring, it proves they care for Rex and will play for him, if they barely beat or God forbid lose to the (4-10) Browns, then it is safe to say it does not matter what the players say or think.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Rex has been here for 5 years, not 3. He's lost the last 3 years and his big bad defense gets raped by shitty QB's on a regular basis.

Outside of Cowher, who had a MUCH better record his first 5 years than Rex, what head coaches in the last 20 years have won a championship after the 5th year after not having done so in the first 5?

Show me the examples that backup your argument that we need to keep a guy around for the sake of keeping him around.

You don't keep guys around just because you want "stability" and "continuity". Guys stay around because they're producing wins. Stability comes from winning not the other way around.

#144 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  5. Mitch_Dumstein

Wade F ing Phillips?...

You cannot be serious

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah really.

Also the reality is it would be shocking if the players said anything other than what they have been saying. But even if they are sincere, the players I have heard from are starters who Rex brought here for the most part. Hey I like Willie Colon a lot, but I can see how he has an angle on appreciating Rex that, say, Matt Simms or Antonio Allen might not have.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Wade Phillips is one of the best defensive coordinators in the NFL.

8. nyjunc

2012 had worst healthy skill position players in league around QB
    2013 had worst healthy skill position players in league around ROOKIE QB

yet both years we had legit chances to make postseason as late as December.

Bill Cowher:

missed playoffs 3 straight year in 7th, 8th and 9th seasons. won SB in 14th season.

You can rebuild around a quality coach, we have one. It would be asinine to let him go.

9. nyjunc

and a mediocre HC who has NEVER won a playoff game.

10. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

I get what you are saying but I'd rather keep at it til they get it right.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Patriots hung 42 points on a defense with more talent. What does that tell you about Wade Phillips :rofl:

I am not stuck on 2009, I like the long-term potential of this team, we need to do better at drafting offensive players. No more projects, we need players that have proven to be productive in college that still have upside. We have the coaches, I believe we need an upgrade at Wide Receiver and Linebacker - but I think the head coach we have is the perfect leader for our team.

Sometimes you need talented players to help out the coach, the fact that we won 6 games so far with shit on offense tells me everything I need to know.

12. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Bottom line is if that game (and the Cincy game for that matter) weren't virtually handed to us Rex would have 1 PO appearance. Maybe Peyton would have coughed up a fumble like Painter did in that game but somehow I doubt it.

13. 101GangGreen101

Rob Ryan
    Dean Pees
    Mike Zimmer
    Dick LeBeau
    Keith Butler
    Bob Sutton (give him credit where credit is due, he's doing his thing this year)
    Sean McDermott
    Dan Quinn
    Vic Fangio

All of these DCs have been better than Wade Phillips. Phillips had one of the more talented defenses in the NFL with the Cowboys and how many playoff wins did they have? Division Titles?

Give me a break. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

In Bill Cowher's first 6 seasons he went 64-32, won the division in 5 times, went to 3 AFC Championship games and 1 Superbowl. Are you suggesting that Rex has had anywhere near that type of success? Of course you think they're similar because you're junc.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Wade Phillips is a bad HC. He's just like Rex.

16. nyjunc

if, if, if. we got a break and took advantage which is what good teams do then in the playoffs he led 2 upsets on the road including beating the hottest team in the league in the div rd.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You realize they dropped 49 on us in one game last year right? And 29 the other game. You keep rofl, I'm not amused.

If they had a healthy Gronk, Hernendez and Welker this year it probaby would have been 59.

18. 101GangGreen101

It's been 40+ years and they haven't gotten it right. Does that mean anything to you?

19. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

The Jets were 7-7 at that time, I hardly call that a good team. Its called the opposition giving up and handing them a win.

20. nyjunc

do you recall those days? The AFC was pathetic, the AFC Central was a bad division. Did he have a dynasty team in the division? was the AFC even competing in SBs back then?

he also lost HOME playoff games in 1992, 1994 and 1997.

through 5 seasons rex has as many playoff wins as Cowher through 5 seasons by the way.