Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsandcanes, Dec 17, 2013.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

cutler didnt always have those weapons, and stafford has never had a defense or running game like sanchez.

if your a qb what would you rather have:

A) Megatron
    B) Marshall
    C) The comfort of being able to be terrible, throw a ton of picks, and still have your team win because of its elite run game, defense, and special teams?

100/100 qbs pick C if they want to win.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

last 10 QBS to win the superbowl:

Brady
    Brady
    Roethlisberger
    Peyton
    Eli
    roethlisberger
    Brees
    Rodgers
    Eli
    Flacco

thats like 90% top 5 qbs. just cause flacco won last year and wasnt elite doesnt mean its the rule and not the exception. Also, peyton manning was 1 deep pass away from being there instead of flacco

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

More like 70%. You watch Giants football right? Haha.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Last 10 QBs to win SB:

1999: Warner
    2000: Dilfer- not top 5
    2001: Brady wasn't yet top 5
    2002: Brad Johnson: not top 5
    2003: Brady
    2004: Brady
    2005: Ben: wasn't top 5 yet
    2006: Peyton- who had poor postseason and was pretty much carried by D
    2007: Eli- nowhere near top 5
    2008: Ben
    2009: Brees
    2010: Rodgers
    2011: Eli- not top 5
    2012: Flacco- nowhere near top 5

5. nyjunc

and peyton got TWO STS TDs and STILL couldn't beat Baltimore so no he was not 1 deep pass away from being there instead of Flacco. Manning in NE for the title game? :rofl: we were 1 deep pass away from NE winning another SB.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

:drunk:???

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

And thats the argument Sanchez supporters always make. We know he made it to the championship games in 09 and 10. That doesn't end the argument. Trent Dilfer won a SB, Brad Johnson won a SB. Does that make those guys untouchable/irreplaceable players?

Those teams were very strong. Sanchez had some good moments. But he was not a consistently good QB. The New England game was his shining moment as a Jet. Should we be forced though to give him a job for life as a starting QB in this league because of it?

You guys dont ever seem to want to question him as an overall player you just say "2 AFC Championship games" as if that ends all arguments.

8. nyjunc

who said mark was untouchable/irreplaceable? but great comparison w/ those other QBs, notice how many SBs those teams made w/o those guys in those years. Notice how well we did this year w/ more talent than last year.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Displacedfan, good post; If you recall back in the Summer, I did an analysis like that (of the Fantasy Qbs:playoffs), and it extended back to the past 5 seasons. My conclusions were very similar.

I've given up on the Sanchez stuff; it ain't worth my effort anymore.

It's only a matter of months now until we get to see just how smart & correct the Sanchez supporters are. I can't wait to see the winning team that he ends up starting for, because that's what the Sanchez apologists keep implying. Since he's so good, let's see what 'winning' organization he lands on.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: The irrationality that has been exhibited by the Sanchez supporters is so similar to that of the Tebots. And, eventually, Time showed us what Tebow is and what the league thinks about him. The same will go for Sanchez.

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

We don't have more talent this year then we did last.

Our O-Line is much weaker.

Our receivers and tight ends are virtually the same.

The only plus is Ivory as a nice change of pace back. Even if the skill players are "better" it's by a small margin.

And do you think the reason the Bucs and Ravens (until last year) didn't make or win a SB is because neither team could overcome the losses of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson?

#90 kevmvp, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  11. The Uniform Bomber

Haha I think he IS saying this. And when you put it this way, it sounds even more idiotic.

12. nyjunc

OL is better, weapons around QB are better, RBs MUCH better.

Dilfer and Johnson were vital to those SB runs, no they weren't Brady or Warner but they were vital. Why do fans think you need a "great" QB to win? you need a QB that will make plays when called upon not one who puts up great #s in the reg season then disappears in big games. it's why Eli has 2 SBs and Peyton just 1.

13. nyjunc

you may want to find a new hobby, you have no idea what you are talking about. This fantasy post was easily shredded much like I assume yours was.

14. The Uniform Bomber

Haha right on Junc, man. I can't wait to see where Sanchez the Winner ends up in a few months. We'll all get to see just how smart you really are.

15. nyjunc

He'll get a chance, hopefully he is smart enough to go to a good team as a backup and eventually whether by injury or ineffectiveness of the starter he'll get a chance to play again.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This is why I can't give full credit to QB's whether they win or lose. How is it Peyton's fault that Jacoby Jones caught a bomb and tied the game late in the 4th quarter? There are too many things that are out of the control of the QB one way or the other.

17. nyjunc

It is NOT his fault that Den's D allowed that long pass BUT what is his fault:

-Not running out the clock to prevent Bal from getting another shot like Pitt did to our supposed "elite" D in the '10 title game
    -throwing a pick 6
    -3 TOs which led directly to 17 pts including setting up the GW FG in a 3 pt loss.
    -got 14 free pts from STs and still couldn't find a way to win.

Denver lost b/c of the way Peyton played, if Peyton has a decent game Denver wins going away.

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The O-line is absolutely not better. By what standards do you judge players?

Winters and Colon are better then Moore and Slauson? Please explain how you have come to that conclusion.

I never said you needed a great QB to win. But it would make things a lot easier. Anyone in their right mind would take Peyton over Eli.

Even if you can't get a great QB. Keeping a QB because once upon a time he made some nice throws in the playoffs is ridiculous. Like I said, good for him, he had some good moments. Dilfer and Johnson did too. But none of them were/are good enough overall to warrant their jobs never being questioned.

Johnson and Dilfer also played with great defenses. So did Sanchez those years he got close. None of them were the reason those teams were where they were.

19. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's come up in the 5 pages, but has anyone thought that Sanchez is also coming off a decently serious surgery on his throwing shoulder? Forget everything else, that's a pretty good size red flag.

20. The Uniform Bomber

Yep, the above description sounds exactly like a real winner and Franchize Qb.