Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsandcanes, Dec 17, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

read the asinine posts that blamed mark for everything and showed no appreciation that he helped us win more playoff games than any other QB in jets history and did so in just 4 seasons.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No one blamed Mark for everything. Was Sanchez one of the issues on this team? Yes. And since he played the most important position all undeserved hate was placed on him. I didn't like when Pennington was benched in 07 but since he was the QB it's easier to blame him. It is what it is.

3. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

Yes he did, you are certainly right. But then he lost his confidence, now what we have left is a broken QB. Maybe a change in scenery will help him get that confidence back again. This type of thing happens to people all the time. Some comeback from it some do not. I was a Mark Sanchez fan then something happen. It wasn't even the losing, it was the way he was playing...this young man needs some assistance in getting his "fastball" back.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You contradict yourself within a span of 2 sentences. Mark creates a divided house while a "real QB" does not.

Sanchez hate,
    makes haste,
    that leads to waste.

Despite your irrational logic above, this is actually not a bad change of scenery trade suggesting. I personally would not do it from a Jets perspective, but I could see why Houston would. Shaub is older, has had the benefit of quality coaching and personnel and has not won in the playoffs while Sanchez is the opposite. I rather try to see what would happen when the younger Mark who has won in the playoffs is provided quality coaching and personnel.

5. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Yes. If he comes back for 500k or so, he would be worth a look.

6. legler82

I agree with everything posted here except for the change of scenery bit. What Sanchez needs more than anything are the following in no particular order:

-A system like the WCO that accentuates his good attributes (e.g., footwork, mechanics, play action fake, mobility, experience...etc.) and curbs his bad ones (e.g., accuracy, arm strength, decision making...etc.) a la Jets.

-A chance to start a la the Jets.

-Competition a la the Jets.

-A good offensive coaching staff (OC and QB coach) a la the Jets.

-Continuity a la the Jets. A change scenery would mean 4 OCs in as many years.

-A Good o-line a la the Jets. Despite what some may have you believe, the Jets o-line is one of the better o-lines in the league, certainly top half.

-Good running game a la the Jets.

-Good defense that will keep him in most ball games a la the Jets.

-Quality players at the skill positions a la the Jets next year?

7. legler82

What does Ansah have to do with his footwork?

8. legler82

Fantasy standouts like Cutler or Stafford? How many times you think they've missed the playoffs?

9. legler82

Alex Smith regained his confidence w/o a change of scenery. I'm not saying but I'm just saying.

10. The 1985er

Yes because circumstances don't dictate why teams miss or make the playoffs.

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Seriously, Im not a huge Sanchez fan, never was, but people blow things out so far out of proportion with this guy its unbelievable. There are plenty of teams who need a QB and he will get signed somewhere. I would not be opposed to keeping him. I haven't seen anybody propose one decent alternative besides possibly Cousins, and thats very tentative. I might take Fitzpatrick.

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Let me see.............um................Fuck No!!!!!!

13. nyjunc

they are missing for some reason w/ more talented teams and no Patriots around to guarantee you can only get a wild card.

14. legler82

:rofl:LOL you Sanchez haters are hilarious. You make a reference to Sanchez missing the playoffs for 2 consecutive years. I bring attention to that fact that fantasy stars like Stafford and Cutler have performed this feet a lot more times than Sanchez. And you respond with this sarcastic gem. So Sanchez is the cause of the Jets missing the playoffs, while circumstances are the cause for everyone else. Awesome! I now know football.

BTW it would seem to me that Stafford seems to be creating a lot of "circumstances" in the 4th quarter this year that may cause the Lions to miss the playoffs. But then again he was no weapons and no defense...oh wait.

#54 legler82, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  15. nyjunc

Mark made the playoffs 50% of his seasons:

Cutler: 17%
    Stafford: 25%
    Rivers: 43%
    Romo: 43%
    Schaub: 33%
    Palmer: 25%

by the way, those QBs have a COMBINED 5 playoff wins(including one where Rivers left the game losing and his backup led SD to GW TD).

16. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

We were all curious as to what your stance would be on this.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The cost of a good veteran Qb like a Hasselbeck or a Matt Moore was around 4 mil per. A decent (and in my opinion underrated one) like a Bruce Gradkowski around 2. The Jets made a big mistake by not signing one of these guys. Instead they went the cheap road going with Garrard who didn't make it past OTAs. And now that he's reportedly healthy they won't even activate him. But for next year you won't sign both Mark and a veteran. I think Mark will get a contract around 2 plus with incentives that could bring him higher (and I believe he won't ever attain). Just put one clause in Mark's contract: You can call it the turnover clause. The only way he can be succerssful is by not throwing the ball. But then again he can't even hand the ball off without being a laughingstock now can he.

18. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

You are quite the optimist.

19. The 1985er

I'm only using the logic against guys that use the playoffs excuse. There were factors which prevented us from making the playoffs in '11 and '12. But if you want to use stafford and cutler not making the playoffs as a reason why they suck. Then Mark missing the playoffs the last 2 years should be an indictment on him right?

20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

People who compare Sanchez to Cutler or Stafford are ridiculous and aren't paying attention. Any GM in the NFL would easily take either player over him.

Most GM's would probably just laugh at Sanchez being compared to either player.