What is Your Final Vote on Rex Ryan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 18, 2013.

?

What Would You Do With Rex Ryan?

1. Keep Him

77.7%
  2. Fire Him

22.3%
  1. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I don't know what to do with the coaches to torn

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

The Texans were a superbowl favourite going into this season - we were ranked #32 - you don't think that there is a difference?

do you really think that the coach has so much influence over the way players perform that another HC would have had those two QBs performing like Manning or Brees? seriously? if there were someone that could turn poor players into superstars then why does no team have success year after year after year if its down to coaching? the only teams that have consistent success are those with top tier QBs - which we have never had.

blame the lack of QB success on the talent evaluators, scouts and the FO - not on the coach - rex clearly isn't perfect but then NO COACH IS PERFECT which is what people seem to forget - every coach has their successes and their failures and surprise surprise the coaches with the top QBs seem to have the most success

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

One positive that no one mentions is that if we retain Rex , we can go to bed early on that Thursday night after we make our defensive player pick. The draft starts at 8pm EST, I could be in the bed asleep no later than 9:30pm on a worknight with him at the helm.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Voting to retain Rex is on par with re-electing Obama. Let's keep him to see if we can really hit the bottom of the barrel.

5. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Dont kid your self. I have every game since 2006 and have spent to much of my life over the last 5 years re watching him. Not saying he was given great tools to work with but never in his life has he ever been anything close to a top 10 QB nor has he ever been a QB that could carry a team.

Top 10 QB's make shitty receivers look great.

I also understand that no one here could ever change your opinion (man love) for sanchez but you seriously are delusional.

6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Getting rid of Rex would be a mistake in my opinion.

We have a top D every year, and he inspires his players. Sure he needs to get it together on the offensive side but give MM some talent to work with and that will start to improve.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

A a. Z
    ?:d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. RexJets80

RexJets80 New Member

Spot on!!! I hope they break the cycle of having a "Scapegoat" for not succeding. and to another post that rex has a flaw for trying to win with defense.. He HAS too... He has had no QB in the top 25 statistically since he has been here. Who the hell could take this cast of scrubs on offense and win.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

If we do can RR then I'd like Greg Roman since I know Jon Gruden won't happen.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets do not have a top defense.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you may want to watch again, how many times did the pass O win games for us in 2010? and while we had talent we had injuries and suspensions too so he didn't have the same cast all year. he was really good in 2010, top 10 good.

The delusional ones are the ones that think you can win w/ any QB, that has been proven false year after year as supposedly much better QBs continue to either not make postseason or fail in postseason w/ more talent than Mark ever had around him.

Mark was a HUGE part of our success but whiny, ungrateful Jet fans don't want to see it.

In 2008 we had a similar cast w/o rex and w/ a future HOFer yet we couldn't even make the playoffs w/ a much weaker sched and w/o Tom Brady to worry about.

12. JdotGriff

Very few times did the passing game pull us out of a hole that was bnot created by the passing game earlier in the qtr's.

Also he made a few great plays just like every single nfl QB does. Once we did not have a run dominate team for opponents to commit to Mark fell apart.

Anytime the offense was put on Marks shoulders for a majority of the game he failed and crumpled.

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

If Johnny Football does fall and the Jets can draft him I'd go for it. I wouldn't select any of the other Qbs wherever they draft which will be probably in the top 15.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would say it's better than last year, and you could make an argument that it is better than 2011 also. We are definitely on the upswing defensively.

2011 - we were old and slow nuff said
    2012 - Revis went down, and Landry and Bell were a very overrated safety tandem that still couldn't stop TEs. We had Wilkerson and Coples, but other then that we didn't have much upside on the defensive line.
    2013 - Great defensive line, can stop the run and get to the QB. Coples is improving as an OLB, DeMario Davis has improved. Secondary - injured Cro, rookie CB that improved since the beginning of the year and inexperience at Safety. Reed is old as shit and should not have taken over Allen's role. David Harris returned to form.

Jets are another linebacker (olb) and safety away from being a YOUNG strong unit. This defense could be elite in 2 years and that elite status can last longer then 1 year unlike 2009.

All we need to do is dedicate the draft to offense, infuse the offense with talent and we will be back in the playoffs next year.

Extend Rex 2 years, let Marty and David Lee coach up the offense some more and we will be back.

15. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

When have we had any reason to watch this team in recent memory until Rex, and the roster he had with the Championship games was far from stellar. Rex gets the most out of the groceries the Gm shopped for, that's how you judge a coach. Every time he calls a player on his effort, the player responds. The GM is accountable more for the roster, his job is to say no Rex we need this more than that, not be a freakin yes man like Tanny.

16. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

How do people like Johnny Football? The plays he makes in college he won't be able to make in the pros as defensive linemen are faster and wont let him outrun them.

As for people wanting Jon Gruden. He had two good seasons in Oakland and then was handed a Super Bowl ready team in Tampa Bay and let it deteriorate.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

As of now the Jets would draft 14th. If I only count the teams one win above and below them, they could realistically draft anywhere from 9 to 18.

18. JdotGriff

1968,69,81,82,85,86,91,98,2001,02,04,06 If your a band wagon'er

Every single game every single season if your a real fan.

On topic this thread is restoring the little faith i have in the board members.

19. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Jets, Jets

Once again equating coaching football opinions with political comments shows an ignorance of both issues.
    I'll be back in Sept.

20. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

he's just not that good of a hc. heck i even wonder about him on the defensive side lately as well. constant single coverage with 2 of the worst corners in the lge this year. why is ed reed playing?? even giving him the amount of snaps he's been getting. clock management, bad timeouts, ridiculous challenges. too loyal to players when they suck. its his decision making which has really been piss poor. after all that i still like him. just not as a hc.