The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

You are going to upset the fan boys! Please refrain from any realism when describing their hero. Thank you!

2. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that it all starts in the trenches! No QB can pass when he has to run for his life. No QB can pass when he is on his back. Then throw in the fact that receivers do not have to practice with the QB during the week and other receivers were reclamation projects and the problems mount. We are far from a finished product. We are lacking in talent and experience but better days are coming!

3. Mitch_Dumstein

Smith has done a pretty decent job as a rookie starting QB for the Jets this season. He has led us to probably seven wins, two more than his fourth year veteran predecessor managed to get in 2012. I think he will continue to develop, learn and improve as do virtually all rookies in the second season and first full offseason in the NFL

We are much better off at QB than we were going into the 2013 draft

And we will be even better off next season with either a cheap veteran or a draft choice as competition for Smith and with Sanchez released in order to become the career backup he so justly deserves to be with some other NFL team

4. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

I really hope your GM and coaching staff believe this. :wink:

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As opposed to somebody p*ssing or sh*tting in my mouth?

Yes.

6. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Do you think if we had grabbed Tavon at 9, lets still say Richardson at 13(while we unfortunately probably would have picked Milliner),Geno in the 2nd and this time grabbed Stedman Bailey in the 3rd our offense would have been better?

2 receivers Geno feasted off of could have been a bigger impact than David Nelson and Holmes.

*This is just a speculation question, don't let your feelings get hurt if you disagree.*

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I think we were planning on picking Austin which would have helped. Austin and Bailey would have been a bit much though. Another WR sure and not knocking SB3, just saying drafting two of his receivers would have come across as coddling and insulating him to me.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

No, it would have been perfect to get Austin and Bailey to help Geno Smith out. It could of sped his development up much quicker. Would you rather have Winters or Bailey helping Geno out?

I choose Bailey

9. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Well if we are talking about a draft re-do entirely I don't pick Geno to begin with...but I see your point. Still think it is coddling him a bit.

10. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

they would have only helped geno if he got the ball to them. geno has not had a decent rookie season. hes been pretty bad for a lot of games and thrown a lot of bad interceptions. his footwork is awful and not shown any signs of improvement. he throws a lot of wild passes. he cant read a defense and adjust. overall he has put the team in som really bad positions this season. yes he has helped the team win, but hes mostly been bad. see: losing record...

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Like with this INT?
    [​IMG]

12. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

Daaaaaamn, please tell me that's photoshop.

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Do not feed the one note trolls.

_

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That's one hell of a playcall. Third and 11 and 3 of our 5 wide receivers are TWO YARDS DOWFIELD. :rofl:

15. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

It's 3rd and 11 and we're down ten with 8:20 left. He forced a pass rather than take a check-down that the defense is clearly giving him. I'm not gonna really get on him about that. I think that's a situation pick where he's trying to make a play.

Then again, maybe I'm just a glass half full guy. Clearly, he's thrown his share of boneheaded picks. I'm just not ready to give up on the guy until I see these last two weeks, hopefully with the training wheels really off.

16. legler82

The routes didn't really matter as Geno was going to Holmes no matter where the other guys were on the field.

17. legler82

I have to say that Geno is gotta to be the first guy in a long time that plays pretty much exactly to his scouting report. All the negatives brought out during the draft process have been pretty much on the money. Bad footwork, check. Tendency to hold on to the ball, check. Poor anticipation, check. Hesitant with using his athleticism, check. Doesn't handle adversity well, check. Struggles in inclement weather, check. It's kind of crazy that the scouts got it all right for once. The one that gets him in the most trouble with the INTs is the anticipation or lack thereof. A lot of times he'll make the right read but waits to see the WRs break open before pulling the trigger by that time his eyes have already drawn in extra defenders. He is basically throwing at guys instead of to the spot they are supposed to be. However, when he tries to anticipate, he's insanely inaccurate. He's fucked and so are we.

18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Smith cannot read defenses and takes too long to throw the ball. He is successful when the is scrambling and the defense breaks down or the play runs as called and one of the primary guys are open. He does not have the QB intelligences for the NFL.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000290396/Geno-Smith-intercepted

How about this?

Or this?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1810951-what-went-wrong-on-each-of-geno-smiths-10-interceptions

#7159 Zach, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  20. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I'm willing to give Geno 1 more year. However, he must compete with a veteran and a 3-4th round rookie.

He he wins the competition and still doesn't produce, do everything possibly to draft Mariota.