After we release Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Dec 16, 2013.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

where is my "not sure if serious" meme image when I need it :(

2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

WHO cares where he goes? A head coach's JOB is to deliver wins...period. If you want the jets to continue to stagnate under Rex, bring him back. If a team EVER needed a fresh approach, especially on Offense (one side of the ball totally foreign to Rex), it is the jets! Woody, do us all a favor, including Rex, and put him out of his misery. Anyone who thinks that a coach that has taken us to 8-8, 6-10, and whatever we finish this year (probably 6-10 again) should be brought back is CLEARLY satisfied with losing.

3. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

This arguement for a Offensive coach is sickening. So we bring in an offensive coach what happens then our defense regresses. Fuck that shit people who are pro Rex are satisfied with losing.

Get a halfway decent quarterback and some offensive talent and you would see the Jets in the playoffs year after year under Rex.

Continuity for once in the organization imagine that. Rex isnt the biggest problem here. Lack of talent is the problem.

(sorry for grammatical errors)

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

There's going to be a lot of open HC jobs, on a couple of talented teams. I could see Rex in the Super Bowl with a team like the Buccaneers. That teams got talent all around the board, they just need a coach.

5. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Detroit...

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yeah Harbaugh sure did make that Special Teams excellent.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that a pro-Rex fan finally admitted he's satisfied with losing as long as Rex stays. :wink::smile:

IF Rex is fired, it is not a given that the D will regress. It could happen, but it's not a given that it automatically will happen. You act as if Rex is the only good defensive coordinator in the NFL and that's simply not true.

Lots of Jets fans want to claim that BB is just lucky and has won so much because of Brady. Well, if that's true, then with the talent the Jets have on the DL, why couldn't someone else come in and do just as well as Rex, if not better? I don't care who the DC is or what system he uses, there are strengths and flaws. There are some teams that his system and philosophy won't match up well with, or for whatever reason they'll have his number (like Baltimore with Rex). While Rex has some strengths as a defensive coach, he also has some inherent flaws in his philosophy, approach and style.

Conversely, I don't know who KC's DC was last year, but whoever it was, you can't tell me that Sutton is that much better than he is in general. Sutton sucked while he was here, but for whatever reason, his approach is clicking with the talent the Chiefs have.

For someone who is supposedly such a great defensive mind/coach, Rex and the Jets D have give up 30 points or more (not counting pick 6s or fumble recoveries for TDs) 16 times over the last 5 seasons. They've given up 45 points 3 times (once each in 2010, 2011 and 2012). They've also had trouble getting off the field on 3rd downs and closing out games. IMO great Ds don't have those problems. Do you seriously mean to tell me that you don't think that someone else could have done just as well as that?

To be sure, Rex was handicapped a bit by having Tanny as his GM. That said, it was Tanny that hired Rex, and maybe Rex wouldn't have ever even gotten the Jets job if it weren't for Tanny, and even if he did, he might not have gotten some of the players he wanted and had the influence with the draft with a different GM. Rex has created a lot of his own (and the team's) problems with his personality, coaching style, decisions, lack of discipline and accountability, and quite likely with some of his coaching game plans, decisions and philosophy.

8. NFL

NFL Active Member

He'll be a head coach within a day if he was to accept the first of a couple offers.

9. NFL

NFL Active Member

I'm sorry. Did you just say that Bill Belichick's defenses are just as good as Rex's?

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yup. Detroit, Texans, Titans. I'm sure there's more.

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I am guessing if Rex gets canned he will probably take a year off to get his head together. It has probably been five years of a lot of stress, amongst other
    things.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If they release Rex after this season I'll be shocked. It was amazing they got as many quality wins as they did.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Bravo...Bravo...!!!!! If this calm, cool and reasonable post does not get through someone's sensible side then nothing will.

It's my sentiment exactly, sutton sucked when he was here and he is now doing a good job for KC, who is to say that DT can't take over for Rex as the DC and do a good job?

If Rex is fired, the world is not going to end. Continuity applies to all aspects, it could be for the good, the average and the below average.

Keeping Rex and adding some players on offense does not make it automatic that the jets will win.

Don't forget even when the jets made their run to the championship games, the offense was medicre at best because all he wanted to do was play 80s style G&P.

Which led to games being much closer than they should have been.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Maybe this was because they had a defensively talented team......and a ROOKIE QB?

Does anyone think if Favre came back, the offensive game plans would be the same?

15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Can someone please tell me WHO THE HELL are we going to bring in instead of Rex? What is your gameplan besides mindlessly rolling heads??? I have yet to hear anybody answer this question. How about we get some personnel on the field? I can't take it.

16. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

What the hell is an offensive minded coach going to do with this roster anyway? The defense will regress and we will still have the same depleted roster. What are people looking at?

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Itss amazing the same people who want Rex gone are the same people who were screaming from the rooftops to trade Revis.Now those people are complaing about how bad the secondary is.It will be a similar situation when Rex gets fired

18. NCJetsfan

It's not our job to decide who the next HC would be. We can throw out some names who seem like they might be good coaches or fits, but we have almost zero idea of what Idzik and Woody might be looking for if they do decide to fire Rex.

I'm sure that Idzik and Woody aren't gonna hold off on firing Rex (if they decide to do that) because we fans can't come up with a viable replacement.

19. NCJetsfan

You sound overwrought and as if you're on a ledge. Come off the ledge and take a deep breath.

The new HC (offensive minded or not) would not be doing anything with this roster. There's a very good likelihood that anywhere from 25% to 40% of the roster could be new, and more than that on the offensive side. The Jets could have somewhere between $40 - $50 million in cap space to sign FAs, draft picks and extend Wilk. They'll have at least 10, if not 12 draft picks. After the offseason, the team could have 2-3 new WRs, a new TE or two, a veteran QB and another drafted QB, and maybe a vet or rookie OG or RB.

20. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I can live with another year of Rex. I can't live with another year of Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie and Mark Sanchez (unless I have to). Ten draft picks is a step in the right direction.