Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsandcanes, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Once Brady retires he might well be the 3rd best QB in the division.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Jet fans do not deserve him, let him go to a winning franchise w/ an intelligent fanbase.

3. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Before we even talk abt why Sanchez would be better with MM. Ask yourself who would be a legit better option, without the fluff... Obviously Geno wasn't what the so called experts thought he was. Even a high school qb is better than Sanchez some said, then there must be better qb's in hs than nfl.

You said winning on the field counts and I agree with you, what QB out there has won more games?

MM brings a system that suits Sanchez. In Pre season it was obvious that his foot work alone beat Geno. Sanchez wasn't locking on to receivers, correct oline assignments were called and the football got out ON TIME.

West coast= timing, foot work= timing, getting the Call and ball out on time...

There really isn't a better option, but I don't disagree he needs a change of scenery. I thing Vikings, raiders and Seattle are good options.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We don't deserve shit QB play from 4 year veterans. And when he signs with another team as a backup I bet you'll be on that teams message board lobbying for him to start.

5. 518

518 Member

Wish Sanchez the best, cut his ass and move on. We should without question draft a QB in the spring to compete with Geno and give us some depth.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I feel like we may have won 2 or so more games this year if Sanchez was playing.I felt that Marty was the perfect fit for him.But im not a Sanchez guy but at the same time people are talking about Geno has no weapons either did Sanchez its virtually the same offense the last 3 years.I think Sanchez is a better option as backup then Mcown,Campell or whoever

7. nyjunc

we only got that ONE year from him and w/ the worst skill position players in the league. look at what Eli is doing w/ top 10 talent- MUCH worse than mark's worst season.

I am a Jet fan, I want to win. mark helped us win a lot of games, I wish him well but all I care about is my team winning unlike most Jet fans who want a great fantasy QB.

8. The 1985er

We got shit play from Mark every year. Oh and quit acting like you speak for most Jets fans. Every Jets fan wants to win, we just want better QB play. If it happens that that QB puts up fantasy numbers then so be it.

9. nyjunc

I go by what I see, Jet fans would rather have a Cutler type that puts up meaningless #s and lose than a guy who puts up mediocre #s and wins. jet fans are the worst.

10. Mitch_Dumstein

Two words

Ziggy Ansah

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Things that will not be done in 2014:
    Drafting a QB in the 1st round
    Signing Jay Cutler to a multi-year deal
    Trading for a backup like Seattle did with Flynn

Best Option:
    Cut Sanchez after June 1 to split cap hit across two season
    Re-sign Sanchez on the cheap with incentives
    Draft a Qb in round 3 late or after
    bring Back Geno
    Sign another vet

Let all 4 compete in OTA and camp...see who can win the battle. Worst case you cut Sanchez or the vet and keep Smith and a rookie.

This is a stop gap year...better weapons around the QB and see if they can develop. In 2015 there might be complete overhaul of the coaching staff and a new coach will want his own QB so you only need a 1 year guy here.

12. nyjunc

yes b/c the 1st qtr of preseason game 1 tells us everything we need to know:rofl:

13. Mitch_Dumstein

In this case it was certainly proof that the turd had not transformed into a golden chalice and was still the same buttfumbling turd

14. The 1985er

You. Do. Not. Speak. For. Every. Jets. Fan. You really believe that Jets fans would rather lose than win, just as long as the QB puts up fantasy numbers is absurd. Of we are the "worst" all because we don't want Sanchez starting anymore.

This team missed the playoffs the previous 2 years with your idol at the helm. So I would take a good QB who happens to put up fantasy numbers. Because at least then we'd be set at the position and we can build the offense around said QB.

15. nyjunc

I know Jet fans would rather lose w/ better stats, you guys prove it every day w/ the asinine posts such as wanting Jay Cutler here and the way you banished Mark Sanchez.

16. The 1985er

Prove that Jets fans would rather "lose" w/better stats"

By your logic even if we were losing with a QB putting up good numbers. At least we wouldn't have to worry about upgrading the position. We can focus on building a good team. There are other factors that affect a team beyond just QB play.

17. nyjunc

read the board, there is your proof. Go to games and listen to the yahoos in the stands- there is your proof.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Let's decide this once and for all-

A - Jets fans want a QB who puts up mediocre #s and wins games.

B - Jets fans want a QB who puts up meaningless #s and loses games.

C - Jets fans want nyjunc to get a grip on reality.

19. The 1985er

I'm asking you because you made the claim that Jets fans would rather have a QB with good stats than to win.

I haven't seen anyone on here even imply such a thing btw.

20. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

The team lost the last two years because of Sanchez.

/Jets fans