FAs the Jets Should Consider

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 13, 2013.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How do you know the Browns will throw a lot of money at Tate? Are you a Browns insider?

Nothing's wrong with Ivory. In fact if you re-read what I said, I said that RB wasn't really a need as far as I was concerned, but if they did sign one, that Tate was the one I'd want them to sign.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Why they would let Tate walk is because they have Harvin,Rice,and other players at WR like Baldwin whos a free agent.They wont be able to offer Tate what he will get on open market.Seattle cant tie up that much money in there WR core

4. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Why no mention of Nicks at receiver? He's by far the best available.

5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I think we could get Golden Tate for 5-6 mil a year.

6. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Definitely high on Tate. He'd look great in Green. I'd also be fine with Nicks, still wary on Maclin for obvious reasons.

We should definitely try to jump on one of these, a TE and safety or corner.

7. NCJetsfan

Why in the world would I have googled the Browns to see who they were interested in, or even Tate? I was compiling a list of potential FAs.

It's rich how some of you can sit back and snipe at the contributions of others, but I don't see you taking the time or effort to make a post like this.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm not hating on your contributions on this thread, it's a good thread.

9. NCJetsfan

Fair question. I didn't mention him because he is a bit of a lockerroom cancer, and that's the last thing a young team like the Jets need, plus I can't stand those types anyway.

As for being the best, I'm not sure that I agree. He's starting to have some injury issues, and I've heard some negatives about him this season. I understand why you or others might want him, but I thought he would want a whole lot more than what the Jets could or would pay considering his personality.

10. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

McCown, Maclin and Decker for a start.

11. NCJetsfan

OK, thanks. I thought I detected some condescension or snideness in your comment about google being a good tool.

12. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Have you seen him play this year? Awful just awful. Cost himself a lot of money though

13. DoubleDecker87

What's up with the fascination of Shaun Hill?

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Jeremy Maclin and Golden Tate at receiver and Pettigrew at TE.

15. -Pettigrew would be a good compliment to Cumberland as he's good in the red zone & can block.

- Really like Vontae Davis.He's very good in press & knows Rex's D playing in Indy.He'd make alot of sense.

16. NCJetsfan

I can't speak for others, but I have no fascination with him, just think he's one of the two whom I consider to probably be the best FA QBs available that make sense (the other is Josh McCown). It's too early to give up on Geno. If the Jets were to sign Cutler or Schaub, it's saying that they've already given up on Geno, because both would command big contracts and guarantees that they'd be the starter. They're just not gonna go somewhere where they wouldn't be the starter.

So that leaves a veteran QB (Hill or McCown) who could push Geno for the starting spot, and if he (Hill or McCown) wins the competition give them solid QB play. If Geno wins the competition, then Hill or McCown would be a reliable backup and advisor and/or mentor for Geno. Hill has started 26 games in his career. He has a 61.9% completion percentage and a 41 to 23 TD to Interception ratio. Hill is more of a game manager type, but along with McCown, much better imo than the Rex Grossmans, Jimmy Clausens, Joe Webbs and others.

17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Idzik should cut Sanchez, Holmes and Cro. Restructure or cut Harris--he's WAY overpaid. The jets need to sign SEVERAL mid-value free agents and use all their picks i.e. DON"T TRADE UP! What the jets really need to do is turn over/replace about 1/3 of their roster. Outside of the defensive line, there is very little talent currently. Tell me any other team that a nobody like Clyde Gates would have be on at the start of this year.

18. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i think we are overrating pettigrew and tate, pettigrew just isn't that good and tate is nothing special

i think we use FA to address holes that aren't exactly flashy. i'd love for us to sign asamoa and vontae davis if possible, but i'd be surprised if the colts let him walk, they did trade for him.

19. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I agree about Tate - he is a nice player but no better than a decent #2, good #3 and would probably command 1a money to come to the Jets.

20. DoubleDecker87

Agreed with you guys about Tate. But he still is one of the better ones available. We need to grab 2 solid receivers whether its
    2 of Decker, Tate, Maclin or
    1 of those 3 and a first round draft pick