The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That chart is LOL-worthy.

Who made that one up, the same guys that made up the ESPN QBR stat?

:rofl:

_

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

the article was even worse

statistics are highly misleading if you don't know what you're doing i.e. have a degree in statistics. any idiot can put together a spreadsheet nowadays.

#6782 74, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Of the 48 quarterbacks who saw at least 100 plays of action, Tim Tebow was a top 10 quarterback in 2010. Yes, Tebow was “good”. Does this mean Tebow will be good in the future?

Our front office thought so...

I looked but I couldn't find anything that had Sanchez as "top 10ish".
    Sorry Junc...all I found was this- http://nesn.com/2013/09/espn-retires-mark-sanchez-butt-fumble-video-from-sportscenter-video/

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

stop embarrassing yourself. Let people who know the game discuss the game. You just throw in a joke every once in a while, know your role and what you are good at.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As long as I'm not "top 10ish" in joke telling....it's all good.

6. nyjunc

you aren't very good at that either but you are much better at trying to be funny than you are at talking football.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So how does everyone think Geno is going to fare this week @CAR with most of his weapons in play? I don't think Hill is too much of a loss and he seemed to do better with Kerley & Holmes in the lineup. He hasn't looked good on the road though and the panthers defense has held down a lot of opposing offenses this year.

Brees and the Saints were able to attack the deep middle but obviously they're much better on offense and it was in NO.

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The Panthers defense is legit. I agree that Kerley and Holmes will be Geno's security blanket all game. Yet I see a multiple turnover game against a top D. He'll also throw for a TD.

9. JStokes

Dont know why you dragged me into your Sanchez-hatefest--my post had nothing do do with Sanchez.

It's a moronic chart.

The entire list is stupid other than that they have Brady at the top and Rogers 3rd.

Not sure what relevance a chart made up in somebodies basement has to do with anything and it's embarrassing to trot it out as proof of anything.

_

10. JStokes

Or post one.

_

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You do realize you need to win games in September/October to have a chance to play in January right? The playoffs aren't selected by a lottery. Those teams win games to make the playoffs, those games take place in September and October. So Jay Cutler is a winner by the definition of winning more games than he lost. You can't just say he's not a winner when he has a winning record and leave it like that. It makes it look like you are ignoring blatant facts.

Flacco isn't a bad QB now, he was a bad QB then. QBs don't stay constant, they change and develop for better or worse.

Yes and why did we have a chance Junc? Is it because the offense didn't contribute any points? Did that magically keep us in the game.

It was top 10 both years. If you take out our last game of 2010 season so we have 15 totoal to every other team having 16, we still rank top 10 in rushing, that's how good we were at it.

Mark was better in the Pitt game, and Pitt got the win :rofl: That's what sucked about it.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

What do you have to qualify Sanchez as a "top 10 QB in 2010"? Besides your opinion? Because obviously that's a very unpopular opinion. Not to mention his stats weren't top 10 quality.

#6792 The 1985er, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Who said it proves anything??

It may well be a moronic chart...I really don't know or care.
    It is the only thing I've ever seen that makes a case for Sanchez actually being better than his numbers imply.

And that makes me a Sanchez hater?

Talk about moronic...

#6793 Acad23, Dec 13, 2013
  14. nyjunc

you do realize you have to get to the playoffs first, right? you do realize Jay has led his teams to ONE postseason, right?

Flacco was never bad, he wasn't s good as he is now but was never bad and he's still not really good. he's a quality QB.

You can use rankings all you want but LT after a hot start did vey little the last 10-11 games. Our run game was ok in 2010, it was good in 2009 but far from great. The #s get skewed from a couple of a game and a bunch of garbage time production.

Mark actually wasn't better, he had better #s but Ben was better and a HUGE reason why Pitt won despite a rating in the 30s.

I don't just use stats, his #s were ok but it was all the big plays- how many times did he lead us to late game wins? that means much more to me than another QB putting up garbage time #s at meaningless points of games.

I always ask this question, please name the 10 better QBs in 2010?

Trent Dilfer called him a top 10 QB that year too but I don't care if I am the only one on the planet. He was really good that year and a key to our success.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That same list that Acad posted listed Tebow as a top 10 QB, do I agree with that? No but at least he has something to qualify it with. Just from watching Sanchez he didn't play like a top 10 QB. Then he stats weren't even top10 worthy. So I don't know where you get this from.

Top 10 QB's from 2010

Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Michael Vick
    Phillip Rivers
    Big Ben
    Matt Ryan
    Jay Cutler
    Joe Flacco

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

junc, would you have a "Junc's Top 10 QBs for 2010" list?

And where would Mark Sanchez rank on that list? thx

17. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I would just like to say this thread is WAAAAY off topic. I come here to read opinions about Geno Smith and I see comments about Flacco, Cutler and Sanchez. Go to another thread please.

18. nyjunc

Aaron Rodgers- absolutely
    Drew Brees- yes
    Peyton Manning- yes
    Tom Brady- yes
    Michael Vick -yes
    Phillip Rivers- had #1 O, #1 D, played in weak division and couldn't make playoffs. great #s but...
    Big Ben- yes
    Matt Ryan-yes
    Jay Cutler- no, similar #s to mark, same record but lone playoff win was over 7-9 team.
    Joe Flacco- no, better #s on better team but was terrible in playoff loss.

#6798 nyjunc, Dec 13, 2013
  19. nyjunc

I would rank him anywhere from 8-10.

definitely better:

Brady
    Peyton
    Rodgers
    Vick
    Ben
    Ryan
    Brees

20. nyjunc

as far as Geno goes, these last 3 weeks are HUGE for him. if he plays relatively well that could change everything about the offseason. I hope he does so we can focus on providing him w/ weapons rather than talking about bringing in another QB.