Season 2014

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Dec 12, 2013.

?

How do you feel about next season?

1. I'm optimistic

75 vote(s)
    70.1%
  2. I'm NOT optimistic

14 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. I'm just so confused , TAXI!

18 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I don't think I'm alone in being quietly optimistic about next season. :jets:

With the stockpile of draft picks we have and hopefully all the CS still in place I can see us doing very well, hopefully.
    Next season really does depend on how well we draft and what FAs if any we pick up.

We all know where our strengths and weaknesses are and Idzek is no fool.

Regardless of how this season ends and assuming that Rex is still here, (can't see why he wouldn't be...but lets not go there please) what are your feelings for next season?

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm optimistic but the optimism is about the direction the team is headed. We may not get to the end of the path next year, just a bit further up the trail.

The Seahawks hired Pete Carroll (stand-in for the Idzik hire in the Jets scenario) and went from 5-11 (pre-Carroll) to 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, best team in football.

That could easily be the progression here.

Next year could be about drafting a bunch of weapons on offense who are not quite ready for prime-time. Then 2015 would be the year when things really started to jell and 2016 the Super Bowl window is wide open.

3. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

I'll be optimistic if during FA/Draft the Jets are the typical jets and don't completely fuck. It. Up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ask me this question after the draft.

5. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

All I'm thinking about is Carolina.

6. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Of course not! RR has failed to bring the VLT to the NYJ in 2014. :sad:

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I am an eternal optimist so yes, I am optimistic about next year, just like every year.

Whether I feel good about my optimism will hinge on (i) Rex returning, (ii) free agency and (iii) the draft. :grin:

_

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

If the coaching staff remains I think we're headed in a good direction. If they clean house we take steps backwards for sure.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We're not that far off IMO. If they make the right moves we could potentially compete for a wildcard spot.

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

You are looking at a Top 4 AFC team come 2014.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Thank God you're focused for the game dude. I'd hate for you to look ahead and not focus on your matchups for this week!
    What is this based on? You aren't supposed to snort the koolaid mix. You add water and drink it.

12. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

This FA period and draft will define the Idzik era more than any other year for 3 primary reasons.

1) Draft picks are stockpiled, its supposed to be a deep draft.

2) Cap room - There is a lot of money coming off the books that allow them to sign free agents to fill immediate needs. I haven't checked to see if its a strong FA group this off season or not but there a holes that can and will get filled to make this a better team.

3) The offense has been so bad it can't be ignored any longer by the Jets. When you're 2nd to last in pts per game, dead last in passing yards per game, 4th from last in 3rd down efficiency, 5th from last in red zone TD %, 3rd from last in red zone attempts per game etc. (you get the picture, the offense is AWFUL) that should be a huge wake up call, if not then those that can't see how bad it is need to be let go. The question is do they force offensive picks in the draft or take BPA?

The bottom line is Idzik's reputation is built or destroyed by this upcoming FA period and draft.

13. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I'm optimistic too and I just hope we get this draft right.

Do we still have the same scouting staff or has our new man brought his own people in?

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Agree with you 100%. One big thing we need though is consistency with our coaching staff. We can't keep reshuffling

15. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm optimistic right now and I usually am all through the offseason and into training camp and pre-season. So that hasn't changed despite the year that we're currently having.

The draft is going to be a major indicator though. They just cannot neglect the offensive side of the ball this year. Or at least they better not.

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Idz's people are in. They cleaned house after the draft and kept a few top flite people that Idz wanted.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/23931/bradway-gets-new-title-in-rebuilt-front-office

17. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

If we address our receivers, o-line and secondary we could be a playoff team. If Rex is heading our d and we don't have blatant secondary problems, all we have to worry about is our receivers catching the ball, theline giving our QB time to get it to them and injuries.

I'm expecting at least wildcard if we work on these areas.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Jets will be a powerhouse next season.I feel like all gaping needs will be filled some better then others but I think next year will be in the hunt for our first Division Title since the year of the flood

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Current positions that need to be upgraded, either by replacement or the incumbents playing better:

LG, RG, TE, FL, SE, QB
    ROLB, LCB, RCB, FS, SS

That's just what it is. The Jets have 11 positions on the field right now that are not playing well enough for them to be a playoff team next year.

Now if Winters, Smith, Milliner and Allen are actually fits that play better next year then the Jets only have to find 7 replacements. Assuming that there is no further deterioration in the vet's play as D'Brick, Mangold and Harris all approach the age of destruction.

20. MondayNightMiracles

Im NOT optimistic.

I do believe that Idzik will do a good job of filling in our needs, WR, CB, TE, S....

But I dont think we will make a big splash with QB. Meaning another year of Geno.

Idzik, im assuming, due to investing a 2nd round pick in Geno, will give him another year.
    And i Predict we will have a better defense, but the offense will be mildly better, if not the same :sad:

Sorry but with Geno at the helm im not looking forward to the upcoming season. Its miserable watching him complete less then 10 passes a game.....

Doesnt mean im not a fan, Im a loyal Jets fan.... all the more reason why ill wait patiently till we get a REAL QB.

Heres to 2015!! :drunk: