The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

And I care what Biggs says because? Oh that bold part is pure gold. Pure gold. Sorry but Urban Dictionary isn't actually a true dictionary, anyone can put information in there.

I am obviously smart enough to know Cutler isn't coming here, go back to Kirby Dream-Land. The fact that you have to bring Sanchez into every conversation makes each and every one of your arguments weaker by the day. No one was talking about Mark cept for junc and now it's you.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The problem with this bet is you speak in reality. Some people on here don't like this. It bothers them as they have mancrushes on a shitty QB named Sanchez.

I've been saying this here for years now. He will never start another 16 game season as a starting QB. Yet for some bizarre reason people ask why some of us don't want him as a Jet.

3. 101GangGreen101

Gotta love when Big Blocker comes back to this forum acting like he owns the place pure gold. Dude is trying to bring discrimination to a website forum

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Gang Green summed it up when he wrote the following:

I was jokingly masquerading as one of these "weak" posters when I responded:

The response was to this comment from Gang Green that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Sanchez.

Big Blocker, who just yesterday, labelled me as a "well known...Sanchez fan" responded to my sarcastic post with the following:

By doing so Big Blocker essentially placed his foot in the "proverbial" "weak" poster shoe described earlier by Gang Green. I'm guessing in the rush to label yet another poster a "Suckchez lover" for simply providing a different view point to something completely unrelated to Sanchez, he failed to see source of the of the "you must be a Suckchez lover" post. As that certainly would have sounded the sarcasm alarm. Like I always say

Sanchez hate,
    Makes haste,
    which causes waste,
    for posts

Hopefully that clears it up. Sanchez sucks so I know football!!!:)

#6664 legler82, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  5. 101GangGreen101

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

100% serious, you can have all your meaningless fantasy #s. The man has ONE playoff win. beating a 7-9 team at home w/ a bye. Chi and Denver consistently fielded playoff caliber teams around Cutler and one playoff app, one playoff win at home over 7-9 Seattle.

You guys whine about a winner in mark, I can only imagine what this place would be like w/ a losing QB like Cutler.

Can people not see a journeyman walking in and playing better than Cutler in Chicago as some sort of sign?

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

You miss the point, entirely. We don't want him on the roster because we know what he is. We got to see him for four full seasons as the (until the very end of last year's disaster) unquestioned starter. Relatively speaking, he's a terrible starting NFL quarterback.

1) He's woefully inaccurate
    2) For someone with over 60 starts under his belt, he turns the ball over at an unacceptable and alarming rate.
    3) He has no innate ability to handle either the blitz or quick, unexpected pressure. In point of fact, he routinely and incessantly panics when under duress.
    4) He makes a shockingly low number of plays down the field.
    5) Statistically speaking, he's a historically inept starting quarterback.

Basically, with Sanchez, we got all of the turnovers of a daring gunslinger paired with the meager passing production (yards, yards/attempt, TDs, points) of a game-manager. In all sincerity, we got the worst of both worlds.

We don't want him on the roster because we don't want to even have to risk the possibility that (whether it be due to injury or due to the poor judgement of a somewhat delusional Rex Ryan) he ends up as the starter for any period of time, ever again. We know he isn't the future and we want to move on. The best thing for BOTH Sanchez and the New York Jets organization is that he goes somewhere else and gets a fresh start.

8. legler82

Right back at you. Maybe we can have the MODs or whoever is responsible add below everyone's avatar whether they are a Suckchez lover or hater. Get it out the way. Hopefully then posters will not feel as though they have to take it upon themselves to out people all the time. But then what would they have to post about????????

9. nyjunc

and mostly wins until we had the worst weapons in the league for a QB and Tony Sprarano running the show. I can only imagine what Mark would look like w/ Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffrey, Martellus Bennett, etc... that is MUCH more talent than Mark EVER had and Cutler STILL can't win.

10. slimjasi

Once more, that's a team stat and is totally irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Anyone who has watched both Mark Sanchez and Jay Cutler play and sincerely believes Mark Sanchez is a definitively better quarterback, probably needs emergency brain surgery.

11. legler82

OK I got it now...

Thanks, now I know football:up:

12. slimjasi

Nice try, but as usual, your lack of intellectual honesty betrays you. The year Cutler and the Bears got to an NFC Championship game, he had one of the worst receiving corps in the entire league. No Marshall. No Jeffrey.

If Cutler had a healthy Cotchery, Holmes, Edwards, Keller, and LT coming out of the backfield, he would have probably doubled Mark's output in every major passing category. And again, the team stuff is irrelevant.

13. nyjunc

It is not irrelevant, the goal is to win not put up fantasy #s(which, by the way Cutler hasn't even been good w/ that). It's not like Jay has been QBing the '76 Bucs, he has had playoff caliber teams around him basically since day 1 in this league and he has 1 playoff app.

He's basically a poor man's Tony Romo.

if we have Cutler in '09/'10 we don't make either title game

14. nyjunc

and they beat the 7-9 seahawks at home.

maybe double stats but not wins.

15. slimjasi

Team stats have no logical bearing on your point.

Anyone with eyes knows that Cutler is a better quarterback that Mark Sanchez. When Sanchez gets cut in a few months, you'll have a few teams invite him to camp for the summer to compete . . . most likely as an assumed backup. If Cutler got cut tomorrow (he happens to be a free agent after the season, anyway), you'd have a bidding war over him . . . and he's not even a top ten NFL quarterback, IMO.

The only people who don't realize that Mark Sanchez is terrible, in the entire football universe (fans, media, GMs, whoever), are the 5-10 delusional posters on this message board who keep trying to tell the rest of us that 1+1 = 5.

16. slimjasi

Football is a TEAM sport. TEAMS win games, not individual players. This isn't Tennis. Or Golf.

And again, any intellectually honest football fan who has watched the two guys play, picks Cutler over Sanchez in a millisecond. Cutler has plenty of issues . . . but Sanchez just sucks.

#6676 slimjasi, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  17. slimjasi

Start a poll on any football fan message board in the country, in any NFL scouting office in the country, in any known place in the universe where intelligent life exists (outside of Mark Sanchez's house) . . . and find me a place where more people pick Sanchez. I dare you.

18. slimjasi

Not sure what that means, but you're very welcome!

Glad I could help . . .

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

I pointed out what Biggs said because SOMEONE ELSE noted you act like a Sanchez Fan at times.

And yes, Sanchez Fans would not be Sanchez Fans if they knew more about football.

And I am smart enough to know you don't "know" the future. Go ahead and make your qualified guess, based on whatever it might be. But for myself I came to this thread, answered the question posed by the OP, and participated in the discussion.

And I do not bring Sanchez into every discussion. If it were up to me no one here would ever talk about him again.

20. nyjunc

he's a better #s QB.

anyone bidding on Cutler is foolish just trying fool their fanbase into thinking they want to win when in reality they do not. You are not winning w/ Jay Cutler, loser at Vandy, loser at Den, loser in Chi, loser wherever else he goes.

the folks that realize Mark isn't bad are the ones that know the game.

it is and his teams have failed b/c of HIM. Put a better QB in Chi and they have more than 1 playoff app and 1 playoff win. Chi made a SB w/ Rex Grossman a few years before Jay, den won a playoff game w/ Tim tebow right after Jay.

I don't care what the average nitwit thinks. I guarantee you if I posted this stat line from Andrew Luck last week and polled people they would say he was great:

29-46, 63%, 326 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs

but the reality is he wasn't, most of those #s came in garbage time. be a better fan than to just look at #s w/o context.