Weird but...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Whenever I'm feeling a bit too happy and I need to get depressed, I come to TGG and I'm never disappointed.

Let's make a friendly bet: If you're wrong and the Jets DO make the playoffs, you agree never to post on TGG again. Ever.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Of course - Jets are in, if they can take care of their business at hand. That much is given. I was simply saying they could get in, if they finish their job. Nothing more, nothing less.

I was just pointing out that, they had all the reason to play hard till the end - Unlike some other teams, like Jills - they are eliminated already.

#22 Zach, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Dude im sorry but you can't talk. You have been wrongfully optimistic all season. Not that this year has been a terrible one with what we expected, but every game you felt good about we lost.

4. Footballgod214

I realize we could go 9-7, knock the fish out of the race, tie for the last WC spot, and still go home.

But going back to our pre-season projections, knowing our team would get into a tie for the last PO spot would have been pretty awesome, even if we lose the tie breaker.

Gets me thinking: What's better/worse: Tying for the last PO spot only to lose on a tie breaker or tying for the last PO spot, winning the tie breaker, but get killed in the WC game on national TV?

5. Footballgod214

I feel really good about the Cam game and were not losing that one, so there's that!

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

While the other teams in the hunt may have tough games, I think you may be severely underestimating the teams we are facing to finish the season.

The Panthers are defensively excellent, with a great run defense. They have great defensive ends and an absolute stud at MLB. We will have to take the lead early to have a shot, as they rely on their run game mixed with shots to Ted Ginn and Steve Smith down the field. Once they have a lead they set Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson loose and that scares me. Their weakness is their secondary right now, So Geno better be ready to throw it around, and Holmes better be more healthy.

The Browns are actually a very solid team. They have an all world receiver in Josh Gordon, and monster TE in Jordan Cameron. They have a tough defense led by Joe Haden and TJ Ward. We just have to hope that if the Jets beat the Panthers next week they will want it way way worse than a Browns team that can't make the playoffs anymore.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

No, I am not.

If Jets are not capable of dealing with this level of difficulty [which is less than what OTHERS are facing] then they don't deserve to be in the playoff hunt anyway.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would much prefer that you don't predict the Jets to win this game.

9. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Lol sounds about right

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Okay and if the Jets don't make the playoffs what do you give up?

11. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

That's not the recent history of the league.

You think the Bengals, with a home field game already clinched, are going to spend maximum effort just to try to play a team they think they could beat? What if one of their backs or receivers gets injured, or Dalton? Do you really think Dalton will play in the last game under those circumstances?

They might play hard if they have a chance to get the first round bye.

12. 101GangGreen101

Remember when the Packers eliminated the Bears from the playoffs last year so they could face the Vikings instead?

13. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I know you can't play the 'what if' game, a win is a win blah blah blah...

But it KILLS me that the Pats have the record they do. They easily could have lost the last 3 games. A few plays here and there and we could be fighting for the division as well as the WC. I know most NFL games come down to a play here and there, I get it, but watching them pull these wins out of their asses the past three weeks is maddening.

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Not the same situation.

The Pack let the Vikes win the last game

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We make the playoffs or not. Good thing is, it is still mid December and we STILL have something to look forward to. We were ranked 32nd beginning of the season.

This is a season where we beat Falcons on the road(do or die game for Falcons) , won against Brees and Saints, won against Patriots. These are all good for this year for me. As a fan, I am content with what I saw from this team THIS year.

16. 101GangGreen101

Different situation, same implications. The Bengals will not rest their starters if they can knock the Ravens out

btw I did get the wrong game from last year, should of researched that damnit

#36 101GangGreen101, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Lets talk about this if we beat Carolina ,Because thats gonna be a tall order

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

We can still make the playoffs. Whether or not you think we will is the question, but there's no doubt we can.

19. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Exactly. We're not playing out the string like many/most predicted. We're still a young team with lots of holes, lots of draft picks, and lots of $ once we clear some dead weight off the books.

I'm happy with where we are and taking these games one at a time. Who knows, we might shock the world.

20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I can't agree with that. No way on Earth do the Bengals lay down in front of their home crowd to allow the defending World Champs to slide into the mix. How do you think that would play in Cincy, if they let the Ravens in and then got knocked out by the Ravens a week later. They'll play hard at home against the Ravens. I think that's one thing we don't need to worry about.