Weird but...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Jets are actually very much alive and kicking in this playoff hunt. I was surprised.

If Jets win out, they will almost certainly make it to the post season as 6th seed. Hear me out.

Phags got the Jets at the season finale - this will likely be the playoff match for the Jets - and Pats. If they lose these two, they are out. [They almost certainly will lose against Cheats anyway, so it comes down to whether Jets can do their job or not.]

It gets better with Ravens - they have Cheats AND Bengals - and Bengals game is away game. They could lose these two.

Chargers have Broncos and Chiefs in the next three weeks. They are not going to make it.

What this means is that, Jets are indeed very much alive and kicking in the hunt. It would have been much better if Jets beat Miami at home a few weeks ago - then they are almost certainly in - but that aside, they still control their destiny somewhat. They just have to pray that Bengals and Cheaters do their job against the Ravens.

As for the Jets, they have Panthers, Browns [Gimme] and Phags. Panthers game will be a tough challenge - they need it. A lot.

Man - this team is still in the hunt, even with that god-awful moron playing QB for the team. Oh well.

Thoughts?

P.S. Cheats are 3-1 in the division. That 1 loss came from - yes, you guessed it - the Jets. It is so satisfying to know that the cheaters lost here in NY.

#1 Zach, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It's deja vu all over again

3. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

That's a bit harsh.

4. Christian

Christian Active Member

Jets upset Carolina and then lose out

5. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

Did you not see how the Browns played the Patriots really well? The fact that you say it's a gimme game is completely unfounded. With our corners Josh Gordon is going to run circles around our secondary.

While you say that the Jets control their destiny, the road ahead of them is covered in jagged knives and they have to crawl on their knees at this point. One pretty good team, a team that already beat the Jets, and a team that still gets up to play even with a lackluster record. It would be fantastic if the Jets could pull it off but I'm not getting my hopes up at this point.

#5 Vahncase, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ah, sure. Browns almost pulled off the victory against the Pats too.

Honestly I don't think Genotard can survive Carolina defense, much less Phags defense down there in Miami.

But if I had to choose one out of the remaining pack, I'd certainly choose Jets schedule over anyone else's. Multiple feature of Broncos, Cheats and Chefs is not a good outlook no matter who you are.

7. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

how is the browns game a gimme? have you not seen josh gordon this season? have you not seen our secondary this season?

not to mention the browns D isn't that bad... and our offense is pretty bad...

8. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

The Brownies are not a "gimme" game! They are balling and only lost because of a bad play on special teams. They made Brady look like he was in HS in the first half. They will feast on Geno if he doesn't up his game and Josh Gordon may have a 400 yard game. And Rex wanted to give the team "Victory Monday" off, but the players are smarter than the HC and turned it down. And now it looks like we will be keeping Rex no matter what happens in the next 3 games. Miami played a good game yesterday against a Steelers team we lost to at home.

Weird huh?

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

If Ravens go 1-1 against Lions & Pats, they will reach 9 wins because
    Bengals will lay down in week 17 (with prospect of playing them again in 1st week of play-offs)

If Ravens hit 9, I think we're out

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I think the best we can hope for is to knock the dolphins
    out of the play-offs in week 17 and finish 8-8

11. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

-As others have pointed out, the Browns aren't a gimmie

-It isn't a given that the Pats beat the Phins at home as the Phins played them tough in Foxboro with Gronkowski. On the other hand it isn't a given the Phins beat the Bills since the Bills beat the Phins with Thad Lewis lol

I think the Ravens might scrape out wins against the Lions, Pats and even the Bengals if the Bengals have nothing to play for and make the playoffs. They are always a tough out

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We know this but the problem right now is Carolina. Its a shame because losing all three games to Buffalo, Baltimore, Miami really cost us. If just one of those were a W then we likely would just have to go 2-1 right here instead we need to go 3-0.

13. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

If we win out, I'd be willing to bet we are in. The problem is, we haven't won 2 in a row yet this year. Making a run at 4 in a row will be a tall order. Especially with 2 out 3 on the road. If we can make it happen though, yes, we will be in.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

delusional

15. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Why in the world would the Bengals lay down to let their hated rivals make the playoffs, giving them a chance to send the Bengals home for good the following week?? Especially if beating them means they host US instead ... The team they already laid a 49-9 asswhipping on. How does that even make the smallest amount of sense?

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think where good enough to win out and squeak in.

I think we will lose to Panthers and the Dolphins. Hope I'm wrong tho.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

You guys are gonna be disappointed in a few weeks. This team is not making the playoffs. I repeat this team is NOT making the playoffs.

18. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

He said Gimme

19. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

The weird thing to me is people still thinking we can make the playoffs. Too many variables, the least of which is running the table against the Panthers, rival Phins and surprising Browns.

We should be happy getting to .500, even a 7 win season isn't bad considering we had a struggling rookie QB with a shitty and oft-injured offense in general.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Josh Gordon could go for 300 against our defense.