Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. GreenDore

GreenDore New Member

Bradley Roby. Great corner and outworks everyone.

2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

No way he falls to the Jets... And even if he did, we are going WR in the first round so it wouldn't matter... Would love to have him though.

#642 Jay Bizniss, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  3. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I was definitely pleased with Milliner today. The thing is with cornerbacks is that when you don't hear their name called it means they're playing well. The missed tackle is one bad play among a game full of good plays.

Let's hope it's a sign of what's to come. Next week will be a tougher challenge.

4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Hopefully he will improve. But I will always stick to my point (as I have since draft day) that the pick should have been an offensive player of some kind.

5. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Want to come in here and shit on yourself now? Guessing you'll be more likely to pretend that he doesn't have the athleticism to be a very good corner despite rookie awareness deficits that are getting better, though.

The Bills did a nice job of shafting us out of Tavon Austin who they obviously didn't want without a new QB. After he was gone it was a tough situation at the 9th pick with no value to take a premiere guard in Warmack or less than incredible TE in Eifert. They decided to play the percentages with the higher rated CB, and despite playing hopelessly most of the season he is definitely now showing signs of that potential. That's now 2 games in the last 4 where he has outplayed Cromartie. He consistently makes great breaks on out routes with clean deflections and he showed he can do it on the flag route too today. I see him on a similar trajectory to Coples who needed some time to transition and overcome minor injuries/lost practice, but in the end turns out to be a valuable player.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I firmly believe it would have been if Austin were available. Dee was looking better than Cro today. He had 2 or 3 nice break ups, and pretty decent coverage over all. He's getting there.

7. The_NYTitan

The_NYTitan Member

Just like geno he has to take his lumps like any other rookie id rather it now with not much at stake

8. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I start to like kid honestly he looks good and he doesnt get breaks imo Qbs go after him like 70% of pass plays. He will be top corner in the league in 1 or 2 seasons unless his injurys make him lose reps.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

which offensive players were worthy of a pick that high (granted Dee hasn't exactly looked it, but everyone was claiming he'd go even higher), especialy when you factor Cro will most likely be off this team next season (unless he restructures with a big paycut)

if they don't take Dee, next season the starting CBs would've been Wilson &/or Walls / a FA / another rookie.

I wanted Warmack @ the time, but this only a bad pick if he totally flops. (ala Vern, but he's already better than that waste)

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Imo the best thing about yesterday's game was that Milliner played better. I know there was that missed tackle, but that guy is a load to take down. On the whole though Milliner held his own. The Jets really need him to do well, and games like yesterday make me think he can put that rough start behind him and become a solid starter.

11. impure

impure Well-Known Member

I would like to see him next year after gettign a full training camp and preseason under his belt.

12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Didnt hear his name much. Good stuff.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bills should have taken Tavon Austin. All the goodness they got out of Manuel and Alonso, and it's a fair amount of goodness at this point, doesn't change the fact that they are 4-9 and stuck in suck mode. They needed a change of direction more than any other team in the NFL going into that draft and instead they're still the Bills.

Alonso is going to be a great player but he's going to have to be Ray Lewis great to change the Bills fortunes much.

Putting Austin and Spiller in the same offense was the way to go. That would have given the Bills an identity as a team full of scary playmakers. It would have made them the matchup nightmare for NFL defenses with nobody able to cover Austin or Spiller well.

The Bills still could have gotten Alonso on the 41.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

We have to realize it was against the raiders.....i need to see improvement against quality WR's.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets young players have played well against crappy players this year and gotten schooled by the good ones. Such is the life of an NFL rookie on the field.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Millner looked good yesterday,Hopefully by next season his learning curve will be over.Was Wilkerson a beast his rookie year? No but we saw flashes and weve seen flashes from Millner to

17. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

So you wait till week 14 when he probably has his best game of the year but go into hiding the other 14? One week of looking like a NFL CB against a below average WR core doesnt really show much quite yet but its a good start finally. Come back after the next 2 weeks when he will be going against some better WR and lets see if the play continues. But knowing you, you will crawl back into your hole troll boy....

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Shitting on a rookie cornerback who is playing with two of the worst safeties in the NFL and has been put on an island in press coverage for 13 weeks is an awfully easy position to defend.

He has been beat like a drum but if you weren't blind you could see this kid has great athletic talent and desire. This isn't Vernon, stop the hate and watch the closing speed, the length and the ability to physically get up and challenge NFL WR's. It's all there.

19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The two worst safeties in the NFL? Would love to see what your opinion is based off of other then just spewing out anything to make whoever youre trying to defend look better.

At least im sure most agree with the bolded part. Very few have looked as bad as he has to start a year and have turned out to be a really good corner. Lets hope he turns the corner though. This franchise needs a break after all the busts the past 8 years.

20. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

They wanted a plug in start at shutdown corner like revis ( how many of those exist?), in prespective Dj hayden and Rhodes havent been any better and both were 1st rounders. Dee is the better of those 3 clearly