The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

ok, go get excited about it all you want. it doesn't mean anything, just like atlanta. I'm being realistic. he wasn't even good, he was just not horrible. plug anyone in there and they could get 1/1 for 200 yards. yes, good defenses show you what you have. I want a qb that can play decent vs good defenses and light up bad defenses, not one that's atrocious vs good defenses and just not horrible vs bad ones.

No, it's true. They tied the record passing TDs allowed (7) and allowed the perfect qbr of 158.3.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Kerley makes a ton of difference.

3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

He threw for a touchdown and got us a couple of rushing touchdowns. But we were playing a high school team out there. The dolphins game really laid him bare. McGloin didn't even start the game and you could tell his pocket sense and passes were much better. I am worried that Geno will keep passing up and his receivers will get creamed.
    We cant afford to lose Kerley. If he wins the rest of his games I'd let him keep his job. But otherwise sign a Cutler or Locker or something.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The general consensus is that his play improved. He still made mistakes, but he did some good things too.

5. 74

74 Well-Known Member

easy to improve when you're coming off gameplay that couldn't possibly be worse.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I like what he did with his legs today,We need to see more of that if the play breaks down

7. The 1985er

Exactly, nowhere to go but up. I hope he builds on this for the rest of the year.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

General consensus of whom?

He had a pic and 3 dropped pics and missed a bunch of guys by a mile.

He hit 10 passes he SHOULD hit and missed 5 that were incomprehensible.

Are you serious? I was freezing my nuts off out there and that was awful. I thought the Kerley TD was picked off.

If not for Reed and a blocked punt, WTF.

McGloin seriously looked better than him.

I'm rooting for the guy but Geezuz.

_

9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I like Geno. He has all the parts you want in a good QB. Just don't know if he'll put it together. He has only played decent throughout one game and everything is up and down.

10. JStokes

+ a billion.

When my nuts defrost I'll have a more forceful response.

WTF.

_

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

He played OK today. Meh win as it was against the raiders but I guess it boost his confidence till next week.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

12. JStokes

What part of an INT and 3 dropped INTs and missing guys by 5 yards and laying out Tone and Bohanan was OK?

Seriously.

_

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I'll be honest and say i didn't really pay attention as the game was boring but hey, in the beginning he was pretty bad and should of been picked three times. I honestly don't believe the target was to kerley but he caught the TD. As the game went on he did the right things. It was an OK performance against a shittier team.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I do not think he was good today

Maybe lucky, but not good

The Kerley TD seemed like a pure toss up

15. The 1985er

So you're saying that he played as badly today as he did the last few weeks. Just because everyone isn't focusing on all the negatives it doesn't mean everyone thought he was good. The general consensus is that he played better but he still made mistakes. Which IMO is an accurate assessment. You just want everyone to ignore the positives and focus on the negatives and act like those told the story of Geno's day.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Geno Smith played like a rookie today. He threw some good balls and he threw some bad balls. He got some help from his receivers at times and they dropped some balls on him including a TD in the corner. He handled the ball well, dumped it when called for and used his legs when it was important. He didn't do enough to get a ten year contract and he didn't do enough to get canned. He played like a rookie.

17. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Sorry, this is simply cherry picking. How about the 50 yards rushing he had? Or key 3rd down passes to Kerley and Winslow?

He didn't have a fantastic game by any stretch, but to say he was terrible is foolish.

18. The 1985er

J Stokes has an axe to grind. Anything short of Peyton Manning in wk 1 vs Baltimore is "terrible" in his opinion. He doesn't like Geno.

19. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

agreed, one can't look at a bad play and a couple near picks as being a sign of failure but then ignore ALL the good plays he did along with that.

by that measure one could argue his near TD to Holmes was a sign of greatness. not every game will be flawless, especially not in a rookie year with what he has.

he got the job done, he didn't look like Manning or even Foles did the last month but he was alright.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

exactly, but he could of been 19-20 19tds 1int and a few here would be railing on the int. too may "fans" want to be right about labeling him a bust