The Official DC Comics Film Universe Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Christian

Christian Active Member

Reread that post, I said they were going about in a fucked up way.

A big reason the avengers worked so well is because they each introduced those characters in their own stand alone films and we got a proper backstory on why they were chosen for the avengers.

If the rumors about nightwing being possibly added then were at 4 heroes. We'd have no idea why or how they all got involved with each other. If they were gonna do this the right way then they had to at the very least have 2 seperation stand alone films of batman/nightwing and Wonder Woman. They could each tie into each other but they're just rushing production in order to pump out a medicore film.

And if they wanna follow this smart business template then why not give fans the backstory that the director, writers, and producers want fans to know?

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That's an awful lot of judgement that you actually know an awful little about. How about you actually just watch the movie before passing judgement about whether it was done correctly.

You have no idea where they are going with this movie. Just because marvel gave 3 of the 6 avengers there own movies doesn't mean it is the only way to pull it off.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I like the casting. Really excited to see how this all turns out.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movi...senberg-as-lex-luthor-jeremy-irons-as-alfred/

Confirmed they chose Jesse Eisenburg aka the Zuckerberg from The Social Network as Lex Luthor and they chose Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

Honestly, I am pissed with the choice of Eisenberg...Seriously WTF...He is not Lex Luthor.

Jeremy Irons I actually think will do a good job as Alfred...This movie is looking more and more like a hit or miss

[​IMG]

5. The Dark Knight

You are being kind. More like a miss or disaster flop.

6. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

This movie looks worse and worse as it goes along. Let's start a list, shall we?

1) Zack Snyder is back to direct. I am not a fan of Man of Steel. Thought it sucked, and mostly due to the direction. Snyder is a great visionary, but he clearly needs lessons in directing. Hearing the guy talk about his vision for fight scenes in the commentary is great, and you can see he really has an eye for action, but he just doesn't know how to hit beats and transitions such that the movie can process smoothly. I was sitting in the theater and the switch from scene to scene was pretty jarring as it was just quick scene to scene with no real moment for dialogue or exposition. Like I said, the action was awesome, and I can see why people with defend the quality of the movie to death because of it: Superman finally got to throw down. Then again, some of these complaints could also be attributed to...

2) Goyer is back writing. Dude's a hack. If he doesn't have the Nolan Bros. to help polish the script, Goyer's scripts suck, and it is what really did in MOS for me. Terrible dialogue. At least Affleck brought on Chris Terrio to help here.

3) The Justice Leaguers. Why are they trying to over stuff this movie with DC superheroes? Batman made sense b/c they just got finished with the stellar Nolan trilogy and so it'd probably be hard to reboot Batman so quickly without fan outrage and displeasure. But why force in Wonder Woman and, if the trades are to be believed, Aquaman? It reeks of trying to force too much into a movie and not letting it breath. I understand WB doesn't feel like it has the time to take the Marvel approach and make 4-5 movies that lead into the Justice League, but I feel like they are stuffing the JLA into this movie and it will be detrimental to the film and seem superfluous.

4) The delay, wait there is no delay. WB announces that they're pushing it back a year to enhance the script. Then a week later they act like they never made such an announcement and continue with production. What the hell is going on?

5) Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Heisenberg jokes aside, this is terrible casting. Imagining a bald Mark Zuckerberg facing down Superman is a terrible joke.

#46 Fatman&Robin, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  7. JetBlue

This franchise was dead with MoS. What a horrible piece of overly dramatic, nonsensical brooding bullshit. Throwing in Batman was a desperate attempt to salvage it.

But this casting is the only thing that wound make me interested in it. So far out into left field that at least I am curious.

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

Jeremy Irons is a solid choice for Alfred in my opinion... but Eisenberg? Holy shit.

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

definitely a 'going against the grain' casting decision, but this is something different, and i think Eisenberg definitely has the acting range to pull it off.

10. The Dark Knight

Great post. Exactly how I feel with all your points. Sad.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Don't understand with today's CGI why they still haven't made an Aquaman movie.

_

12. Christian

Christian Active Member

I was very skeptical about this movie but now I'm quite interested.

Ben Affleck is a fantastic film maker so I'm sure he'll have a lot of pull when it comes to the direction the franchise takes. The Eisenberg casting is a complete shock to pretty much everyone interested in this movie and I can definitely see them giving a different spin on the Lex Luthor character.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I think ben is directing justice league...that is his deal as batman

14. JetBlue

Affleck already brought in the writer of Argo to redo the script. the fact that he recognizes, like everyone else except Warner Bros., that David Goyer is a horrible writer, can only improve the outlook for this movie.

15. Christian

Christian Active Member

My biggest reason why I say Affleck is a great film maker. He recognizes where improvements can be made. I loved man of steel but not for the story or the dialogue. The fight scenes were amazing in my opinion and that's what I want out of a superman movie.

Adding affleck to the franchise potentially brings in a much better script and story direction. Give me the action of man of steel along with a quality script and story like Argo and its very difficult for this movie to be hated, even if most fanboys think any Batman movie without Chris Nolan is a pile of shit.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Whether you like Ben Affleck as an actor or not, he knows how to make great movies.

He directed one of the better movies in recent memory Gone Baby Gone. And notwithstanding whether you like him in The Town, that was a great movie.

No more Gigli anymore.

_

17. The Dark Knight

Let him direct Man of Steel 2 and Justice League then. Doesn't mean he has to be Batman. No doubt he has turned into a top filmmaker (much better than Zach Snyder), but I still can't see him as the caped crusader.

18. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

This is gonna be interesting. I'm anxious to see how they'll pull it off. I've been working on Man of Steel all week at work and, say what you will about it, I love how epic it is.

19. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Nothing will beat Michael Caine.

20. JetBlue

I agree, it was certainly epically boring and epically melodramatic.

The Dark Knight likes this.