Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Jett Travolta

Jett Travolta Banned

man I wish we had someone like Peterson to return kicks

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Posts like this are such bullshit. How do you know how bad Peterson and Claiborne looked?? Are you sitting there watching every snap of the Cardinals and Cowboys the same way we're watching Milliner play every game? Obviously not, because you're completely wrong.

Peterson made plays for the Cardinals all season ... 2 INTs, 4 FF's, 2 FR's, 13 PD's and a sack ... And you can throw in 4 TD's on punt returns. It was OBVIOUS the guy could play in the league. And Claiborne also made some plays to help his team .... Forced fumbles, fumble returns, TD's ect.

Aside from getting burned left and right Milliner has managed to make ZERO plays this season. Zilch. Nada. How about making a big PD on 3rd down? How about a sack? How about separating someone from the football in a big spot?How about scooping up a loose football and taking it the other way? Something ... ANYTHING. Make a damn play! Richardson has been making plays for us all year. Even Geno, as bad as he's been, has stepped up and made a play every so often. Milliner was the 9th player in the draft and the guy has given us a grand total of nothing in every game he's played. Maybe that's not a bust yet ... But it's certainly a B-U and counting.

#602 truthbtold, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Everybody forgets Revis want that good his first season. He got better the following seasons

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

4. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I agree with you about Peterson, I don't understand why anyone would bring up him in any discussion pertaining to Milliner, different corners coming out of College, Peterson played so much man coverage in college AND returned punts because his athleticism is on Dieon's level. Claiborne is where I have to disagree, Claiborne has been benched this season a few times and was average at best as a rookie. He has nowhere near the change of direction ability nor the acceleration that Milliner has. Claiborne was barely a 4.4 guy but he also played a ton of man coverage in College so that experience helped him in the Pros. My money says Claiborne was an overhyped product of playing with other great corners on his team and will probably amount to nothing special at all in the Pros.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Ummm, have you even watched the games? Zero? Really? He's only played in NINE GAMES, and in at least half of them he was nursing an injury. He's getting better, and if you can't see that you aren't looking. Someone above said it best when they said that many folks only remember the bad. If he isn't targeted or his name isn't mentioned, they think he's doing nothing.

That's not always true. What did Tom Brady show right off the bat that was so special? Aaron Rodgers? You ask me to name Jets because in reality there aren't that many Jets HOFers from recent times to compare to. But it's happened to many players throughout the NFL. Alex Smith most notably, but I could name dozens of them from other teams. But I will name that Jet just to make you happy. Kellen Clemens.

I call bullshit on that. First, your view is skewed because you're used to the Jets standards. Second, you are lumping corners in with other positions. CB is a tough adjustment coming out of college, it's just not plug and play. Very rarely do you have a rookie year CB tear it up. You aren't being patient enough. 9 games into an NFL career that began with a hammy injury is no way to judge somebody's career or potential. It's funny how so many here thought he'd start over Wilson right outta the draft. Sorry, CB is rarely a position that develops that fast. People were saying the same nonsense about Kyle Wilson during his first 2 years but this year he's been pretty solid.

I honestly think it's just an NYC thing. It's the city that never sleeps, everything's fast, everybody's in a rush. Everyone's quick to judge. That's why there's so much pressure in NY. The fans have no patience whatsoever and go from "they're playoff contenders!" to "they're the worst team in the NFL and everyone should be fired" on a week to week basis. They want immediate results all the time or they will bitch and complain about it. Guess I'm glad I'm from Jersey, I can't live like that. Imagine the Jets win the next 2 in a row. It'll be back to "extend rex now!"

#605 Barcs, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Say what? Revis wasnt all pro level but he was pretty darn good as a rookie. Where in the heck are you getting that from?

7. 94Abraham

Where are you getting your information that he was nursing injuries? He literally milked his injury quite a bit before he came back earlier in the year. I believe he was practicing for 2 straight weeks before he played again after his initial injury earlier in the year.

What exactly is he getting better at? He still gets torched literally every game. He is so bad that Cromartie who is playing on a bum hip gets targeted less. He is one of the main reasons this pass defense is one of the worst in football. For every pass defensed by him, he gets beat at least 4-5x more, which basically nullifies anything positive this bum has ever done. No one will argue that its a tough transition but people expect more from a freaking #9 pick. Everyone got on Kyle Wilson and rightfully so for his bad play in his rookie year but Kyle Wilson is Deion Sanders compared Milliner. Watching Milliner play almost looks like the team just found some track star that has never played football before and throw him a helmet and pads on him and asked him to play cornerback. Milliner has no business playing unless this team is mathmatically out of contention. Its a disservice to both Walls and Wilson to not be playing CB ahead of this guy. More great coaching by our beloved head coach.

8. Mitch_Dumstein

A poster with the ID 94Abraham accusing any other Jet player of the past present or future of " milking injury"

His hero 94 himself milked seasons with phantom bruised eyelashes and the like.....

Oh the ironing

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

9. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Milliner is a rookie CB who missed all of training camp and the pre-season in the toughest position next to QB to adjust to in the pros.

Oh, and he also plays in the hardest defensive system for a CB in the league.

Oh, and he didn't play this much man at Bama.

Oh, and he wasn't coached on backpedaling and press at Bama.

He'll be fine.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He wasn't that good. He struggled early on then about the last 5 games he got better. Watch the tape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I asked you to name ONE Jet draft pick who looked like shit his first season, and turned out to be a star player for us and you couldn't do it. I just named half a dozen high draft picks who looked like shit and turned out to be shit. Guys who showed nothing, and were defended by "patient" guys like you, while the rest of us "impatient" fans could see very early on, that they couldn't play. You can't give me a single name who proved everybody wrong. (Please tell me you were joking about Clemens).

Maybe Milliner will be the guy. I hope I'm wrong and you're right ... But I doubt it. I've seen this movie way too many times.

If somebody offered to trade you a 2nd round pick in next year's draft for Milliner, would you take it? I'd say yes before the sentence got out of their mouth.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

James Farrior

13. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

That name always brings up bad memories. He leads the team in tackles and we promptly jettison him to Pittsburgh to give them years of solid production. *sigh*

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Though it wasn't as bad as Milliner's thus far, Aaron Glenn also didn't have a very good rookie season.

15. 94Abraham

I think it would be hard pressed to find another rookie cb who has been as dreadful as this scrub. Rex is planning on starting him again this week! This fat fool will never learn.....

16. 94Abraham

Ok, let me go grab my tapes from 6 years ago to rewatch. Ill keep you updated....

17. 94Abraham

...because a pulled groin is something that is so easy to overcome. Regardless, stay on topic you clown. No need for derailment...

18. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i actually did watch a lot of patrick peterson and he was actually indeed awful his rookie season

19. Mitch_Dumstein

Your topic was milking injuries and your namesake was the King of all Jets as far as that topic was concerned

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That's funny. Because a first round rookie CB totally benefits from milking an injury when he has to learn a new system on a new team, and needs to learn man coverage techniques. Riiiiiiight. The idea of milking injuries is only even remotely viable when the dude has a big money contract already, but Milliner's still need to earn that.

#620 Barcs, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013