Gil Brandt Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Falco21, Apr 23, 2013.

1. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

This would be the dumbest thing the Jets could do. Trade what might go down as the best corner in NFL history only to move up to 3 to get a corner.

If that is the plan, Idzik should not even be allowed in the draft room and should be fired instantly.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Lets trade back, get more bodies in here, The draft is a crap shoot tbh, if we can get more picks id be happy.

3. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

That is what I was thinking.......setting a guy up for failure.......I know in recent days the injury issue has come up but that could be teams floating info to affect his status.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

We absolutely should not move up to #3 for anyone.

Milliner will go top 10, most likely before the Jets pick at 9.
    I think he's an excellent prospect, who can play man coverage and bump and run well. He'd fit in very well with the Jets.
    Should he be there at 9, he should definitely be highly considered.

Others on this board will downplay the importance of CB for some crazy reason, and/or claim we don't need one.
    I don't agree with that at all, and think we will need to draft a CB either this year or next.
    But i doubt it will be Milliner, as he won't be available at 9 and we shouldn't trade up for anyone, so its a moot point.

5. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Gil is sniffing a trade......I don't like this option at all. Especially trading up

6. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

I love it if it is a smokescreen on the way to trading down

7. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Please stay put or trade down. We need so many players to fill so many holes. Plus I think we did pretty good without Revis last year. Don't TANNY us.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Gill Brandt is going senile.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This...at least in round 1. If Milliner slipped to 9 or 13, I'd consider him, but I'd rather take a shot on a pass rusher or a guard. No other cornerback would I take in round 1, mostly because we don't need it.

Round 2, if we took a guy like DJ Hayden, I wouldn't hate it. We could use one more cornerback, just not to use one of our premium picks to get one.

Using both premium picks we have to get Milliner would be insane.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the only tade up that won't make me break my tv is if we go up and get jordan.and i don't want that to happen either

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Milliner Milliner Milliner!!!

YEEEESSSSS!!!!

12. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread ---- trying to feel a little bit better that at least we didnt trade up!!!!

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

love to read these bumps. it reveals what assinine things are on these boards along with some of the more intelligent tidbits from posters as well.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The first year is often rocky for a CB. No idea if Rex's defense makes that better or worse. We all thought Kyle Wilson was absolute toast his rookie year and then he turned into an ok slot corner. Obviously we need a lot more than that out of Milliner.

15. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

There has to be some merit to this. We've used 1st round picks on CB in 2010 + 2013.
    Kyle Wilson has not positively developed AS A 1ST ROUNDER. 2nd/3rd rounder could be used for a slot CB. Milliner not looking good out of the gate though its early. How much blame belongs on the coaching staff & the scheme?

16. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure rex's system is a CBs nightmare, which is why revis was so valuable and rex did everything in his power to keep him. milliner, AS A ROOKIE, gets basically no safety help and has to play man to man. NFL WRs are much better than college WRs so he basically has to totally change his game from college. although he gets burned a lot, i like the improvement i've seen. he is turning his head around more and is playing the ball more, not the wide receiver. although i see him trying to jump routes more, which is good.

overall i think this pick will pan out, we have been spoiled by the best CB in maybe NFL history

17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Milliner will get better. We just need to be patient with him.