Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

Please explain how so many players improve a great amount after their first year then?

How was Payton Manning so bad his first year, I mean he'd have played the position his entire life.

To day he hasn't improved is ridiculous. At the beginning of the year he would get beat and be out of position constantly. Now he's around the ball, batting it down, and in better coverage overall.

If we're going to say that he should of allowed 2 TDs today to Hartline, then we can turn it around and say that he could of had 2 picks, one for a pick 6. Can't play the what-if game if you're only going to discuss one side of the story.

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

He was NEVER put in the position to replace Revis. Cromartie has been Revis' replacement since week 3 last year.

3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Milliner is a total BUST. It's hard to believe, but he's a worse pick than Kyle Wilson.

Ray Lucas and Joe Klecko summed it up perfectly today ...
    He can't cover.
    He's a terrible tackler.
    He's got bad hands.
    He's got no instincts.

What else is there?
    The guy can't play in this league. A complete waste of a top 10 pick.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Really? A Peyton Manning comparison? He wasn't that bad. He may of thrown a bunch of picks but he threw for a ton of yards and have like 25+ TDs or something. Milliner is still getting beat and out of position constantly. That hasn't changed at all. Did you just not see him get beat about 6-7x times today? If you are purely awful and opposing QBs target you so much, you're bound to be in position one of those times. Even a garbage CB is in a position to make a play every now and then. He has basically been handed 3 INTs this year but he can't even catch the ball either. Ill quote one of the posters below because it hits nail on the head regarding this bum:

"Milliner is a total BUST. It's hard to believe, but he's a worse pick than Kyle Wilson.

Ray Lucas and Joe Klecko summed it up perfectly today ...
    He can't cover.
    He's a terrible tackler.
    He's got bad hands.
    He's got no instincts.

What else is there?
    The guy can't play in this league. A complete waste of a top 10 pick. "

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

So because those two said it its gospel? He has bad hands but he definitely has the instincts to play in this league. Watch some fucking tape and stop listening to people please. He can definitely cover, can he turn his head in man coverage at the right time is the question. Stop it, he dropped one pick today and about 4 on the season and if he catches them your making a thread about how much you love Dee.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We all missed something when it comes to Dee Milliner.

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

12. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

#573 al_toon_88, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Total bust 9 games into his NFL career? Really? Jets fans have no patience at all. Terrible post. Whether you believe it or not, Milliner is improving week to week. He made a few really good plays today, almost had a pick. He also had that critical missed tackle, but he's a goddamn rookie. He ain't going to be Darrelle Revis right out of college. The signs are there, in another year or 2, Milliner's probably going to be a top CB. You can quote me on that one. Do people really need to act like whiny teenagers because rookies don't have decent years? That's pretty much the norm in the NFL. There are always exceptions like Richardson, but for the most part, rookies struggle.

Pass defenses on the year:

Cromartie: 7
    Landry: 6
    Milliner: 5
    Allen: 5
    Walls: 4
    Wilson: 2
    Reed: 1

Granted Milliner does get a lot of targets, and Wilson has had pretty tight coverage this year so he's had less. Cro has struggled and has had a lot of targets but he's still making plays despite playing hurt. Milliner hasn't been as bad as people are criticizing, although his year is kind of typical of a rookie CB. I can't wait to see him in a couple years. I want more playing time for Antonio Allen as well. He's got potential to be great down the road.

#574 Barcs, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  15. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Is it a coincidence that the same guys who believe Milliner is "showing improvement" are the ones who also believe in Geno and Stephen Hill?

Saban produces the top defense in college every year, and all his players are NFL jags. You would think a professional organization such as the Jets would have picked up on this obvious trend before they spent a crucial ninth overall pick on a Bama DB.

16. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I agree his play been near abyssmal this year. Yes, there have been some good plays he's made recently to bring some sort of hope that he may be improving; but nowhere near enough. He's a rookie, and I want to believe that he will pull through and be good some day simply because I don't want to think that this team is at need at yet ANOTHER position.

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

shit i missed the post game. dang

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

interesting observation about saban - the recent guys i recall are hightower and the other LB from that group - crap one is in NE tand the other in balt i think...

cant recall them being mentioned too often.

i agree - that well is not what it appears to be.

19. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You're delusional. Have you watched the games? The guy has been benched three times in 12 games and he gets completely undressed by every JAG receiver anyone puts out there. it's not about turning his head. More times than not he's sprinting after a wideout who just blew past him like he was standing still. He's completely lost out there. Tell me the last Top 10 pick who was removed from 3 of his first 12 games.

"if he catches them" ??? :rofl:
    NO SHIT! If he catches them we wouldn't be talking about how bad his hands are. He DIDN'T catch them. That's the point. And if you don't think he's been a horrendous tackler all year, you haven't been paying attention.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Milliner was being targeted yesterday even though Cromartie has a bad hip. That in itself speaks volumes. At this point, Kyle Wilson might be a better option than Dee.