Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Saying that he isnt that great is the understatement of all understatements. Do you or anyone else even watch the game or just listen to the radio? He hasnt made ANY improvements at all. He still is getting torched at will by every single WR he lines up against. He should of gave up 2 TDs to Hartline if Tannehill made better throws. Every WR looks like Jerry Rice against this stiff. The rare times he does get his hand on a ball he drops it. So just to put this inspective, the guy has no hands, no instincts, no awareness, and piss poor technique but he will magically become better after training camp next year? Hello, he has been playing this position his whole life most likely. These are all things he should remotely have. You dont just develop this in one training camp. He has now been benched 3x now this year. He is a bust and a wasted draft pick. And no, theres no need to wait 3 years to say like most people did for the ghost.

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I agree. We pretty much only got one good player from the entire draft so it seems so far. Teams that draft this poorly end up like the Jags and we all see how bad they have been....

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Take away how good he was in college..how flawed he might have been some times..take away whether he is a rookie learning..or he is a bust. Take all of this talk until you are blue in the face and throw it out the window.

Lets make it simple..when you pick a guy this high..has anyone every been picked that high and have so many injury issues. Issues that everyone knew might prevent him to be ready for mini camp.

Was he that great that with all the injuries they had to have him? Thats the part that gets me the most.

Im totally convinced that Idzik felt so much pressure being the new guy in town and getting rid of Revis that he thought this would lighten the blow.

What Idzik didnt realize is most Jet fans were on board not wanting to cripple the franchise on a DB.

Right or wrong...you just have to wonder what type of pressure he felt to impact that position other than the obvious. Replacing a Revis with a rookie high pick wasnt too smart to begin with...but seeing how injured he was...I just will never get that move other than desperation.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Why not draft a corner that is adept at the coverage you predominantly call?

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Because college players are more evaluated on their skills then position and scheme. Thats how brad smith made it and how so many college de become olbs and how

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

6. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I don't think Rex had as much input as most people believe he did, hes simply working with what he has. Your right with what you say but the reason Dee would have went in the first round regardless was simply off his incredible athleticism and his football instincts in zone coverage. Anybody who knows football would have told you he was nearly god awful in his back pedal drills and catching drills at the combine. He needed coaching which he didn't get due to his injury and holdout.

7. OverloadBlitz

Your so wrong on so many levels.

8. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

For a guy that runs a 4.36 40 his technique needs a lot of work and the game is too fast for him right now.

9. legler82

I agree, but Rex has control of his playing time.

10. OverloadBlitz

He's benched him more times than I can count I mean what more can a guy do.

11. legler82

If you don't start him, you don't have to bench him.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No I'm not. Players stock is mostly based off of the team scheme. It's based off of their skills. That is how Jamarcus Russel for in. Is how gholston became the number 6 pick. Because they had measurables. Coaches think they can teach anyone so they go of the numbers.

13. OverloadBlitz

Why would you say their picked off team scheme than? Physical ability trumps production a lot of the time when it comes to talent evaluation.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You're confusing what I said. I said they're picked based off of skills not scheme. It was a typo. First post stated it correctly

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Guy missed OTAs and a lot of camp but at #9 he should have the basic natural ability to cover a receiver. What a waste

16. OverloadBlitz

You specifically said player stock is based off of team scheme, I get what you were saying I guess but you miswrote. Teams fall in love with players based on physical ability alone no one would argue that with you but its not the only factor which is what my point was.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No its not but it's a bigger factor. In specific to the question which was asked as to why they would draft a zone corner for a man scheme.

18. OverloadBlitz

I truly do believe it was a BPA pick based on all the factors i mentioned and not simply off the scheme we run.

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Corner is a hard position. He won't be the best instantly but I've seen things that tell me he can be better.

20. NFL

NFL Active Member

Hill over Alshon was off of pure down the road potential. Hill has all the tools to become an elite receiver.