Jets today are inept almost across the board

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Dec 1, 2013.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

In addition to our dismal first half offensively under Geno, our defense, except for the front 4 has been dreadful and shown how dismally inadequate we are at stopping the passing game from any QB with some talent. Passes down the middle and WRs open is a common occurrence no matter who we play.

We are in a death spiral on both sides of the ball. Offensively, we are pushed around by a Miami OL missing two of their starters. LOL

Top that with a Jet OL that has literally collapsed and could not stop a cold at this point, and non existing WRs leaving us wondering how bad have we become and how low we have sunk.

If this reflects the best preparation by our CS then we have a long, long way too go, and will entail far more than a new QB next year.

Sorry but this game is an embarrassment. Playoffs....please. We are better off getting ready for next year house cleaning.

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Even the front 4 have been bad today. NO PASS RUSH against the worst line in the NFL. How does that happen?

3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I mean they were on the field for 57 minutes

4. Tom

Tom Member

They were on the field for 57 minutes in the first quarter too? First drive where they took 8 minutes off the clock?

5. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

The Dolphins neutralized the Jets pass rush by doing plays that involved quick, 3-step drops and getting the ball out of Tannehill's hands in under 2 seconds. They dinked and dunked the Jets to death today and made Dee Milliner into a laughing stock (which he is, he sucks). Teams across the NFL have taken notice of this and used the same strategy, which is why the Jets are incapable of defending it.

6. Chutzpah

Chutzpah Active Member

except for the tannehill int and that immediate punt cover, i found nothing worthy of cheering for our team today

7. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

I am just happy that Cromartie and Santonio were having such a great time on the sidelines...:mad:

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

to be fair if I was getting paid millions to stand around I would be pretty cheerful as well.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Things just caught up to us.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. House cleaning is much too radical a term. I do not think Jets need such procedure.

2. Jets are now feeling the full effect of the idiocy that is Mike Tannenbaum. Trading picks away for a few straight years is NEVER a good business no matter the circumstance. It does not matter whether Ryan strong-armed Mike or not. That is not what GM is for. [For that matter, Mangini pulled the same shit, and Jets ended up drafting a quintessential bust in Vernon "the Ghost" Gholston. Not a good sign of a GM, if you ask me.]

3. This was why I have been crying out loud last year when Jets didn't draft LBs and Ss. The way I saw it was, it was going to take little to patch up the defense, and Jets could have been done addressing the defense once and for all. They are still stuck with no long term answers at both OLB and S positions.

4. On top of that - I don't know what you saw. The defense bailed the offense time and again in the first half, and the offense returned the favor by throwing a pick in their own zone. It is a wonder that the first half ended with 6-0 score line. You'd know what I mean, if you were involved in contact sports of any sort. Playing with lead is always much easier than playing catch up. We even keep a tally of which QB had what number of come-from-behind victories for a reason. Remember what I said years ago. I really wonder what kind of monster stats Jets D could ring up once they can consistently gain comfortable 2 possession lead.

5. Geno is the fraud we all have known he was. I would love to see the Jets pick a QB with real QB background - a.k.a. pro offense background. I really hate these college QBs with spread option background [can you say Air Raid?] They NEVER transition well. NEVER.

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Every time a player runs back a kick they are putting their career on the line.

Cromartie does a lot for this team and should not be lumped in with Holmes.

12. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

Please fill me in on what he has done this year, he seems to have spent most of it getting burned for long TDs...Fans spend a lot of $$$ and time on this pathetic franchise and watching him and Holmes smiling and laughing through another embarrassing loss is insulting...

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Who got us the interception today?

Think really hard before answering.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Absolutely embarrassing.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We are what we thought we were at the beginning of the season.

16. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

To be fair, watching these jerk-offs laugh through another embarrassing, effortless loss show what's wrong with this franchise...Aren't they supposed to be the veteran leaders of the Jets?...

17. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

You're right, he is having a great year...Guess you missed the Bengal, Bill & Raven games...You must have been hard at work...:rofl:

18. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

piss poor shit ,anyone paying for a season ticket to watch this dross needs
    to get a life, Absolute fucking dross has been for some time ...

19. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

James Hasty???...You sound more like a Russell Carter fan...:metal:

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The players don't have the same emotional connection that most fans have. With that said it doesn't mean they don't care. I feel that you guys just like to nitpick.