The Rex Ryan Era is Over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Assuming this slide continues, Rex and Co are done. He is a defensive coordinator acting the role of a head coach.

The biggest reason is that the offensive side of the ball was ignored since this man was here. The offense he inherited was much better than was on the field now. Remember #1 rushing offense in the league?

Now Tanny had a big role in the decline of the talent on the offense, but who had begged the man to take defensive linemen for all of those years? Geno and Sanchez getting worse during seasons and years is a problem with the coaching as well. Not to mention 3 offensive coordinators under Ryan couldn't help this guy make this into a decent offense. Yes the talent isn't there, but how many times have the Jets gotten worse on offense within the year? That's coaching, I don't care what you say. To those who are blaming this on Idzik or Geno, who haven't even been here for a complete year, you can't be more wrong.

#1 Quinnenthebeast, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Thanks for the memories Rex. 2 AFCCG apps....

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but I agree. He's no head coach...

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I agree he's probably going to get fired. I also think another team is going to snatch him up fast, that team will have an average QB, and Rex will make the playoffs.

The one sad thing about all of this is that Rex hasn't had an average QB one year he's been here. And at least 3 of the years here, he's had the WORST QB in the league by a wide margin. It's shame, but it's what is going to happen.

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Ive been saying this for years now. Glorified DC at the head coach position. It was fun for awhile Rex but good riddance. I'm sure he'll be employed somewhere as a DC for his next opportunity....

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

things don't look good, but for everyone thinking things will get better immediately after naming a new coach, they probably won't. this offense is 2 years away from being close to good and the defense will certainly take a step back. there is no doubt in my mind that this will be a 4 win team next year as a new coach cycles out the players that don't fit and the remaining players learn a new system. we missed our window in 2010. the new one won't open until 2016

7. Quinnenthebeast

And then after that he'll beg the GM of that team to draft all defense and take projects on offense and he won't develop them right so they'll begin to suck thereafter.

8. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Then that's the GM's fault. Blaming Rex for draft picks is a total cop out.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I hope so, time for the coaching carousel to continue

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

Quick, name 5 head coaches who excel at offense and defense.

Yeah, it's pretty hard. I'm not saying that Rex should be given a break, but if you think that we'll find a coach who can do it all, your dreaming.

11. Quinnenthebeast

How was that different this year? He got Idzik to draft 2 defensive players in the first round and they thought Geno would be gone after that, so he does have an influence on it. They've constantly said its a group decision in these matters so lets get rid of the bad group member.

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

I could see him as a HC again. Probably the Buccs.

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Name a HC that is as inept about Offense as Rex is.

14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Our luck it will be the Patriots, as a DC

#14 Jets69, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  15. 94Abraham

Probably not but someone else deserves a shot. Rex has had 5 years here and his time is done. This team is getting worse and worse the longer he is here and the offense has been completely garbage from day 1. Good head coaches dont survive this kind of ineptness.

16. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

This isn't Rex's fault. No coach could win with this roster. Among skill position players, the Jets don't have a top-20 player at any position.

17. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Hold on a second REX has no offensive talent to speak of yet this demise is his fault?

Bullshit he is a fine head coach. He was force fed Geno Smith and he got 5 wins out of him. Because of Rex's defense. You cant hide deficiencies throughout 16 games in the NFL. Give him a manageable QB and we are back to the playoffs and possibly two more championship games.

Possibly a SB.

So stop the crap that Rex is the problem. Look towards the GM

(sorry for the grammatical errors a few to many drinks)

18. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Rex had a good run; but it's time to say goodbye and start over.

19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Rex could end up being the fall guy...no matter how WRONG it is. He has been hamstrung with mediocre to sub-par QB play his entire career with the NY Jets...and it is what it is.

The NFL is the boy boys league and this is what happens. The only sad thing is he'll go to some other team and end up kicking our asses at some point in the future. THAT would be 100% NY Jets football right there.

20. 94Abraham

Not a chance anytime soon though. GMs around the league are witnessing how bad Rex's teams have been performing for him the last 3 years and how bad his offenses have been in 5 years and im sure they want their players to be nowhere near him where he has some authority over both units.