Geno is what I thought he was

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

While it's obvious that Geno hasn't proven as of this point he'll be our franchise QB, I think by all means take a shot. But considering the sorry state of the offensive skill positions right now, any rookie QB we get won't cut it.

2. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Geno's throws have nothing on them, he's throwing the ball right into the fucking ground. The guy can barely hand the ball off without fumbling, he's missing wide open receivers by 10 yards or more, throwing the most god awful interceptions. You can't defend his play, it's abysmal by all standards.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry guy it is not the fans who are the SOJs it is the owner & then the coaches & finally the players who are SOJs because this year like the last 43 before this year have all been LOSING seasons & that is the fact Jack! :sad:

4. NewYorkEveryThing

A 2nd round pick that the team is giving the whole season to determine if he is our "Franchise" QB. LOL . He

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep. I thought the Tebow business was a height of ludicrous folly that we had put behind us. Now we are in that sort of bizarro world again, it seems.

I guess if you have to laugh or cry, I might as well laugh, too.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I don't watch college ball,i don't know near as much x and o stuff as many on here do. But I am still not ready to bail on him yet. I've seen some things from him earlier that looked promising. He was getting killed by our Oline sunday.

8. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Half the teams in the league would love our O-line, stop blaming the guys up front and start blaming the idiot who touches the ball every play.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

What did you see? When given a lot of time he can hit a wide open receiver on a crossing route, he doesn't scramble at all so people need to stop with the make plays with your legs, his deep balls - when he threw them - were not very good - undertow, off target all the time, he has poor decision making, poor pocket presence, poor ball handling skills, and just looks lost.

It's like Iz is saying well Russel Wilson was a 3rd round pick and look at him now! Geno was a reach at 39 when they got him - no other team was knocking down his door to make him a day 1 starter.

10. Mitch_Dumstein

the broken record continues to spin

11. reisb4

reisb4 New Member

I'm guessing they mean 32 teams passed on him...

#171 reisb4, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

While I would have agreed with this statement earlier this season, the past few weeks the OL has been less than stellar.

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

And New Orleans didn't even DRAFT Brees :grin:

_

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, our O line has not been good. you don't need to make that ridiculous claim to validate the assertion that Geno has not been good.

15. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

If the shoe fits...

16. Mitch_Dumstein

There you go again expecting our resident geniuses to have a clue

17. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Oh? So a QB has to impress you for them to be a franchise QB? Well, let's get you on a plane to Florham Park, Mr. Talent Evaluator.

This year is a REBUILDING year. I laugh when I see posts like this, because it affirms my belief that Jets fans are among the worst fans when it comes to understanding football. We have NOTHING to gain by not starting him and he's a 2nd round pick so if he doesn't turn it around these last few games well we ship him out and draft a QB next year. It's called assessing what you have. His sample size is very small right now, he's had 3 or 4 really awesome games and he's had about 6 or 7 mediocre to awful games. Guess what though? He is a rookie. If he can play out of this brutal stretch he wins another year, if not then we know we have to look elsewhere. Idzik is doing his due diligence.

18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Get me on that flight too, it seems I saw this train wreck coming and you all called me a troll and laughed. The Jets couldn't be worse with me making the calls and at least we would have a real QB right now.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I think you mean they stunk up the joint.

20. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Good Lord .... So in your deluded mind, there have only been 44 "winning seasons" in the entire history of the NFL and every other season by every other team in the NFL has been a losing season ... Don't spout your drivel about being a JETS fans for "X" number of years, so have I ... I remember when we drafted Broadway Joe and when he guaranteed a victory ... We have had our share of down and out seasons, we have had our share of good seasons too ... Seasons where is was fun to be a JETS fan ... Hell, there are more than a couple of teams that have NEVER been to a Super Bowl and/or WON a Super Bowl ... I live in Western NY, the BILLS went to 4 straight Super Bowls and lost them all, I bet none of those fans think that those were "losing" seasons, they still talk about going to 4 straight with pride ....

We can at least say we went to 1 and we won it ...