Geno to start vs MIA

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Nov 25, 2013.

1. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

This draft class is so loaded with QB's it would be silly not to take one at some point, but if Geno doesn't show promise by season's end it might be sooner than later.

2. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I think its the opposite, Geno's building bad habits trying to compensate for failing support. In other words he's trying to make bad work, which is more than most rookies can handle.

then again maybe its both to an extent? Either way you can't tell me that in addition to Geno's faults (oh he hurts the team just fine too let me make that clear) the rest of the offense hasn't let him down as well to an extent.

3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I'm on the WR train, a rookie QB with their own adjustments to make feels like a huge waste of time.

We can get a QB in 2015 and let the one we have stand with something good to work with instead of mediocre at best talent.

4. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

A guy with arm strength, football intelligence and a good pedigree who has done nothing more than played well every time he stepped on the field. SIMMS!!!!

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I think the offense has given up on Geno. I don't think they believe in him at all and it shows in uninspired play.

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Let him play ... But let him THROW the goddamn football.
    I'm sick of this timid playcalling. Just run a REAL NFL offense, and whatever happens, happens. I can't take one more week of this play-not-to lose, hide-our-own-QB, gimicky bullshit.

7. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Get used to it -- no way they unleash Geno at home with a hostile crowd waiting to explode. Expect run run run run run - 3&out, 3&out, 3&out.

The offensive game plan is hope the defense can score

8. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I think this is becoming obvious, he should sit if this reason only.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets aren't likely to sit Geno until he's clearly injured or they're clearly out of the race and not giving anything up by putting an unknown quantity in at QB.

It would probably benefit him to sit for a bit at this point but as long as the Jets are theoretically in the race they're going to stay with the guy they believe to have more play potential.

As soon as they're eliminated they'll probably give Simms a start or two. If Geno is still playing poorly in a game or two he'll take a seat on the bench and watch Simms for a bit.

For people who really cannot wrap their heads around this concept just realize that very few QB's in NFL history have made a roster with fewer or less impressive credentials than Matt Simms. There are a few career backup QB's in college who got on an NFL roster and there is one guy who actually started for a couple of teams, although not well enough to hold a job anywhere. His name was also Matt.

10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Jets, Jets

Idzik has to find out if Geno can do the job when he gets some help at WR. This is his call not Rex's. Rex is trying to save his job. Idzik knows they are not going anywhere this year so he needs to see what they have. Why is that so hard to understand?

11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

the idea to sit geno does not revolve around the belief that Matt Simms is a future HOF player somehow being "screwed" by the jets

the idea is that geno sucks, he is young, he is shell shocked, overwhelmed, lacking confidence and he is hurting any chance to win games. so it's more about geno than Simms

I thought the point of playing football was to win the game!

so ultimately Simms may suck too/ but we don't know for sure

or maybe he will be Kurt Warner! lol

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

They see Simms in practice etc,if he was really worth a damn,he would be playing.

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

except this is nothing like that. there's no hope for improvement. I'm not rooting for us to lose. I'm saying we are destined to lose with that disgrace of a QB called Geno. as long as he's on the field all you can say is oh well at least we're getting a better draft spot. If he starts I hope the crowd chants for Simms to be put in nonstop until Geno is benched.

14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Ok sorry, this is my last post calling for the pine for Geno

I admit that I am falling into the trap of rooting for the backup QB.

That's a phenomena we see all the time.

I'll shut up and see what happens with Geno. After all, my son has his jersey. Hate to waste it.

Lets go Jets

15. Mr. Green Pants

Simms is just happy to be on an NFL roster.

16. Mr. Green Pants

You are, like, fifteen years old, right?

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The point about Geno and Simms is that one of them has actually won games with something resembling the lack of talent the Jets currently sport on the offensive side of the ball and the other one hasn't.

Should the Jets sit Geno down for a perspective check? Yeah at some point they probably should. He's been playing crappy for 6 games now and that's a long time.

The problem is that Rex isn't going to give up on the season until the Jets are eliminated and getting eliminated with Simms on the field would be the worst possible result for him.

18. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

We could have Peyton Manning and it wouldn't matter with these awful powderpuff receivers. Holmes sucks, Hill sucks, Kerleys out, Nelson isn't a 1 or 2 option receiver, and Salas doesn't know the offense. And with Hill every week we get reminded that we traded up for him and not Alshon Jeffrey the receiver who actually was good in college!! And then this year having Tavon stolen from us and then not even drafting a receiver... Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, the Goodwin that tore us up, stills, ect.. were all out there in the 3rd round or later....

19. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

If he didn't have the last name Simms he wouldn't be on the roster let's be honest if you don't like Geno at least chant for Garrard or hell even Tebow

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

IF Rex doesn't know , he will on Sunday. The first errant throw the boo boys will be out in force. This will get ugly.