Off-season Reboot

Discussion in 'Draft' started by legler82, Nov 25, 2013.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

CUTS
    -Santonio Holmes WR
    -Antonio Cromartie CB

RESIGNEES
    -Vladimir Ducasse OG - This needs an explanation. Ducasse was coming on until penalties derailed him. Meanwhile Colon leads the league in total penalties and penalties per game. Next year Colon will be on the wrong side 30 with very long history of injuries. With his run blocking prowess, Ducasse is a better fit at RG. Ducasse would be a younger cheaper version of Colon.
    -Jeff Cumberland TE
    -Darrin Walls CB
    -Nick Folk K

SIGNEES
    -Jeremy Maclin WR Eagles
    Familiar with MM WCO. Provided he is fully recovered he should be able to come in and hit the ground running.
    -Corey Graham CB Ravens - Most underrated CB in the league. If you did not know about him before, you know now after picking off Geno twice today. He good in man and cover 2.
    -Jason Worilds OLB Steelers - Jarvis Jones makes him expendable.
    Kevin Boothe OG Giants - Veteran LG to provide some competition.

RESTRUCTUREs
    -Mark Sanchez QB
    Have him restructure to an incentive-laden contract for 1 year and give him the real opportunity to compete in MM's offense. Until we find that elusive "franchise" guy, he's our best option at least for 2014.
    -David Harris LB

DRAFT
    Round 1: Marqise Lee WR USC - He is the most NFL ready of the top 3 WRs. His WCO experience should allow him to contribute right away similar to how Robert Woods has.

Round 2: Calvin Pryor FS Louisville - A complete safety with very good ball skills that also lays the wood on opposing WRs.

Round 3A: Jarvis Landry WR LSU - Can play outside and inside. I like the thought of having someone else that can play the slot when Kerley is not available.

Round 3B: Morgan Moses OT Virginia - Virginia continues to produce NFL tackles. Moses is an excellent run blocker that may not have the feet for the left side, but certainly good enough for the right side.

Round 4: Stephen Morris QB Miami - I say from this point on we draft a QB every year until we win the franchise QB lotto. Morris has all the tools. I think he just needs to be coached up.

Round 5: Colt Lyerla TE Oregon - 1st round talent who will drop because of his off the field issues.

Round 6: Isaiah Crowell RB Alabama St - Former SEC freshman of the year. He was dismissed from Georgia because of a weapons charge, which was later dismissed. I have no idea about his character but on the field there aren’t too many negatives.

Round 7: J.C. Copeland FB LSU - I'm not a fan of Bohannon. He’s great catching passes out of the backfield but not a good blocker. Copeland is a converted DT that can run and catch the rock. It's like having Sheldon Richardson on offense full time.

OFFENSE
    QB Mark Sanchez/Geno Smith, Stephen Morris/Matt Simms
    RB Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell, Isaiah Crowell/Mike Goodson
    FB J.C. Copeland, Tommy Bohanon
    WR Jeremy Maclin, Jeremy Kerley,
    WR Marqise Lee, Jarvis Landry/Stephen Hill
    TE Jeff Cumberland, Colt Lyerla
    LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Kevin Boothe, Brian Winters
    C Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff
    RG Vladimir Ducasse, William Campbell
    RT Morgan Moses, Oday Aboushi

DEFENSE
    LDE Sheldon Richardson
    NT Damon Harrison, Kendrick Ellis
    RDE Muhammad Wilkerson, Leger Douzable
    LOLB Quinton Coples, Garrett McIntyre
    LILB Demario Davis
    RILB David Harris, Nick Bellore
    ROLB Jason Worilds, Troy Davis
    LCB Dee Milliner, Darrin Walls, Ellis Lankster
    FS Calvin Pryor/Dawan Landry
    SS Antonio Allen, Jaiquawn Jarrett
    RCB Corey Graham, Kyle Wilson, Isaiah Trufant

ST
    K Nick Folk
    P Ryan Quigley

2. The_NYTitan

The_NYTitan Member

Hit some key needs lets hope

3. NFL

NFL Active Member

Best draft yet IMO. I love Lee for this offense. I liked that you took Colt. He's troubled, but those late rounders are cut a lot of the time so I rather take a risk on a guy that I know has talent.

Good job.

#3 NFL, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  4. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

you know jarvis landry is a borderline 1st round prospect right?

5. legler82

He will run a slow time. I think that will drop him.

6. legler82

Thanks, let's just hope Colt doesn't turn out like Aaron Hernandez.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

I doubt it. Id say a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. There's just too many WR's in this draft for him to be a 1st round player.

Watkins
    Evans
    Lee
    Robinson
    Mathews
    Beckham
    Landry
    Adams
    Strong
    Coleman
    Cooks

... The list goes on. I like Landry a lot, but I dont think he's a 1st round player. He could possibly be a 3rd round pick based solely off the depth at the position.

As far as this draft, I personally want the first 4 picks to be on offense. It needs it in the worst way. I think an offensive player in the 2nd would do more for this team than a safety. Also, if this team is picking a QB this year (which I hope they do), it better not be Stephen Morris. Im sorry, but he is not the answer. He has some tools, but so does Geno and even Simms. His accuracy is worrisome and he hasnt had a good year.

Im a fan of doubling down at WR though and like both of the picks there. I think Lyerla could be this years version of Burfict. I still cant believe he went undrafted. Both players have 1st round talent and major character issues. If Lyerla can figure his shit out, he can be a steal like Burfict was.

#7 laxin, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  8. NFL

NFL Active Member

His problems are more due to drugs. Either way, if he gets suspended or anything else, you cut him. No harm done.

9. NFL

NFL Active Member

I've always been one of those who say that we should take those shots with the late rounders.

We drafted guys like Robert Griffin (Guard) and Terrance Ganaway, and Jordan White over Burfict, all to end up being cut, first two being cut before the season even began.

10. legler82

I agree that Morris and Geno share similar tools but there are some specific tools that separate Morris IMO and makes him a better prospect for THIS team. He has an ALL WEATHER arm, great footwork compared to Geno's putrid footwork and plays in a pro-style offense where he drops back from center routinely.

Based on the games I've seen, I don't believe Morris is as inaccurate as his completion percentage would suggest. He just really believes in his arm and will always give his WRs a chance. Also, there are no QB friendly passes in Miami's offense. Pretty much everything is 15-20+ yards down the field. I think his completion percentage would be much higher in a WCO. Also except for Allen Hurns, his WRs are a lot like Stephen Hill, crazy fast but drop a ton of balls. Besides completions percentage stats for college QBs are very deceiving. Geno Smith should have thought us that. He completed over 70% of his passes his senior year while Mike Glennon did not even crack 60%. But Glennon looks like a far more accurate thrower than Geno at this point. Geno also had a great senior year overall compared to Glennon.

11. legler82

Morris has also been dealing with ankle issues all season.

12. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

What I'd like to see regarding the offense
    Sign 2 FA receivers (Maclin, Decker) would be a dream come true and draft Van Noy first round
    Sign 1 receiver and Draft Evans, Watkins, or Lee first round
    Draft a QB no earlier than 3rd round. Sign a FA. Dump buttfumble. Let Geno, rookie, FA battle
    Fill needs at S, TE, OLB which have been needed for the last 5 years

13. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Not a fan of Morris, and I hate that you replaced our best offensive lineman this year with a third round pick.

Also, if Amaro declares for the draft, I think there's a slight chance ASJ can drop to us in the 2nd (especially if we finish 6-10/7-9). In that case, I'd go WR/OLB round 1 (based on BPA) and ASJ in round 2. We can get a safety later.

14. Gang Greener

Gang Greener Member

Love the Crowell pick! I'm currently in the process of my first ever Mock Offseason/Draft, and he's a late prospect I have on my list.

He's just one of those guys that needs some veteran leadership. He came in as the big man on campus, and just got involved with the wrong crowd.