"Official" Start Matt Simms thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joeyd223, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Would that be because now that there's film on Geno, the template is blitz him and wait for the fck up?

2. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I could give a shit if Simms played against the god damn teletubbies!! He move the chains and out a TD on the board. Smith has thrown for that many TDs in the last 7 weeks!! Smith has set the quarterback position back 15 years . He is having the worst rookie season ever! What more do you need to see to before you just say I have seen enough of a lost rookie behind center!?

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Yes and until Geno and the offense prove otherwise, it won't stop. Same with QBs throwing it deep against us on the sidelines.....if we can't stop it, why the fuck would you not take your shots?

Tannehill will take deep shots to Wallace or Hartline by next week unless their mediocre OLine gets devoured. Dolphins will blitz happy and do what it takes to stop our running game until our passing offense takes off.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Please don't hold your breath about the passing offense taking off. It ain't gonna happen this season and perhaps not even next depending on who's taking snaps.

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I have never seen a QB backpedal under pressure as much as Geno does.

6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

No shit...after 35+ years....I can essentially "write it down" almost as if it's gospel. Every once in a while I am wrong and they surprise me but it's not often and rare. We are DONE this year...

7. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

+1. I'll root for whomever is out there -- just want to see Gang Green win. Start Simms. Start Gerrard. Start Cribbs for all I care. Just get more points than the other team! It's not rocket science.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Bu..bu...but he has good composure.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You say that but it would be something to see wouldn't it?

10. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Rex is gone anyways, so he may as well go out his way and rub some shit in our GM's face by starting Sims. If Sims does good it will give credit to Rex and make Iz look bad.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Could be, but I think its mostly because they didnt take Simms seriously at all.

You should use more exclamation points, it really accentuates your point.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It must be that Simms is so awful that they are sticking with Smith. What other explanation must there be?

Is Smith winning the position in practice? Must be the case. It's certainly not is performance on the field.

Unless of course Simms is even worse. Even if he's looked better when he's played. Despite looking better, Rex and Idzy must KNOW he's worse. Why even let him play if you KNOW he could not do better?

That being the case, the season is officially over. don't even try and save it by changing out the league's worst starting Qb.

There was a chance that if Simms had a full week of practice, that he would go into this game prepared enough, and then succeed, and also keep the Jets on the inside track for a playoff spot. Now the Jets have wasted another game, seen further regression by Smith, and are essentially done for the year.

But Rex and Idzy must KNOW Simms sucks, because otherwise they would have been playing him yesterday.

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Simms doesn't compete with Smith during the week. Simms doesn't get any first team reps. That is why when he gets a chance to play with them and looks better than Smith you have to sit back and go what the hell is keeping him on the bench? Is it the GM saying Smith must play because he doesn't want 2 of his first 3 picks to be garbage this season? With 9 and 39 they could have addressed skill player needs on offense and let Sanchez play the year out with a stacked QB class in 2014.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Of course i don't know how well Simms would do if he got the prep and was the starter for a few games, but I was being sarcastic.

It does seem that one reason not to yank Smith is that the FO and CS believe that Simms is worse. But how can they know that? Either he blows chunks in practice (which I have never heard a bit of) or they in fact do not know.

But hte logic of not knowing is that you see what he can do, and what little he has had to work with this year has shown flashes of ability.

Or...

It is as you say it is in the bolded part.

Where I disagree with you is about MS. He's done as Jet.

15. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

at this point who knows, but I would like to go into a game thinking we had some chance to win.

16. Mitch_Dumstein

Good point

After all, we are 0-11 with Smith, haven't had a chance to win a single game and got massacred by the Pats and Saints in the past month

17. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

Can't hurt to run Simms out there to see what he has.
    Sure couldn't be worse at this stage. :jets:

18. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

if I remember correctly the defence had as much to do with those wins as geno .

19. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Yeah Smith's 8 completion day really powered the Jets past the Saints.

20. Mitch_Dumstein

Fire everybody!!!!