JP Losman doubters... Read up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MeanGreenfightingmachine, Sep 20, 2006.

1. GreenMachine

Listen, why must you call everyone who disagrees with you ignorant? enough.

Respect others opinions, dispute others opinions, don't try and belittle them. That makes you the ignorant one.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Seems more like a more athletic Liberace, if you ask me.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I can't imagine why a Bills fan would choose a username like 'MeanGreenfightingmachine', but your points about how Losman is a 'fixed' player are hollow and insubstantial.

JP Losman scares no one, the only reason he wasn't picked off is because the Pats and Phins secondaries are not performing up to the levels we've been used to, mostly due to personnel issues. I saw both of those games and Losman was hesitant, and looks like he's been going to the Trent Dilfer School for Quarterbacks (i.e. 'Don't blow the game for our defense, you bum').

Ring off all of the puff piece buzz-words you can now, the fact is that the Bills are the only team in the division with a defense firing on all cylinders. And that's good for them, but they are not the 2000 Ravens. At some point teams are going to expose JP for the weakness that he is. Hopefully this week.

By the way, judging by the posts I could dredge up on you, you could give us all a lesson in ignorance.

4. MeanGreenfightingmachine

JP had no time, NO TIME in the pocket on that safety... Not to mention that a handoff should have been called in that situation. Losman tried to get away from the first guy and as soon as he turned there was another defender in his face, not his fault.

Losman tried to fumble the ball? who tries to fumble the ball? He heard the whistle and stopped playing, just like anyone would do when they hear the whistle, especially a QB who is getting raped by the defense.

Third you realize that he has less mistakes than any other QB's in the league right now, including phillip rivers who has less pass attempts than JP.

He is going to make mistakes, he's young. But he is extremely athletic and has a cannon arm and can make plays, thats more than you can say about your QB who spends more time on IR than he does on the field... sounds alot like Rob Johnson.

As far as the coaching staff not trusting him, that couldn't be further from the truth. The Bills went into the Miami game with run run run mentality to exploit 3-4 defense, and CONTROL THE CLOCK. And When JP threw the ball he got the job done. There were a few drops in the first Q and that goes against JP but they were right on target.

The Bills will use Willis alot this game because your team is horrible against the run, but look for them to exploit your secondary as well, this one may be a pass heavy game. Lets just hope your coaches are as uneductated as you are about JP, then you will see what he is all about.

Stop buying into all the media hype that says that JP is not a good QB... Jaws said in an interview that he is one of the smartest QB's that he has met with...

Besides, its the same media HYPE that had Miami going to the superbowl this year... so thats where there credibility lies.

5. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Perhaps you don't know the meaning of ignorance... let me help you out..."lack of knowledge on specific subject..." Thats right, so to say that its the same JP would be an ignorant statement. Unless you followed training camp, followed preseason, watched the first 2 games as closely as we have, read the interviews with the coaches on JP's progression and what he's doing differently and how his maturity level is different... then you are ignorant on the subject. You can't say its the same JP without backing it up, that is an ignorant statement. So like I said, educate yourself on the subject, and then post intelligently.

Thank you.

6. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

I'm from Rochester and have lived in Buffalo. I guarantee that I know as much about the Bills as you do and have seen them play the same amount.

As for the coaching staff having faith him Losman, why would you run the ball on 1st and 10, 2nd and 8, and 3rd and 6 all inside the 20 yard line in a scoreless game?

Here are JP's thoughts on the safety in the NE game.

"I should have gotten rid of the ball, but the game was on the line," said Losman, who was 15-for-23 passing for 164 yards. "I dipped under one defender, but then there was another guy."

7. steviep

steviep Active Member

The jets will make him throw this week -- we actually game plan our defense now -- unbelievable.

8. MeanGreenfightingmachine

OK, JP doesn't scare anyone because of the media hype or lack thereof. Now you say that you have seen both games and that JP seems hesitant... then, my friend, you have not seen both games. Because if there is anything that JP is not (this year) it's hesitant. He may, on occasion, hang onto the ball too long, but what QB doesn't do that every once in awhile. The Pats are still the team to beat and have an incredible knack for coming back and winning games. Most of Penningtons yards came at the end of the game when the Pats had eased up a bit. The Phins still have a tough defense and it was a hard fought game. Both games were played ON THE ROAD which is always tough for the opposing offens. Well, this game is a home game, not to mention the first home game of the year and this team and the fans will be fired up. It will be so loud at the Ralph pennington better have a good silent count. This is going to be a good game, Jp's first home game, he will throw for more than 150.

9. GreenMachine

Unfortunately you are not seeing the trees thru the forest. I watched BOTH of the Bills gams. JP was rather pedestrian to put it mildly. He is just a warm body back there put in charge of NOT losing the game( see Trent Dilfer circa 2000).

10. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Just like I said, tried to get away from one guy but there was another guy in his face, he didn't have time to throw the ball away, and he better make sure that he is throwing it to an area where there is an eligible receiver because he would have still been in the pocket... which means the potential for an INT that would surely go for 7.

But like I said, he is young he has all of 10 starts, he will make mistakes. Thats what young QB's do. They were running the ball because that was the game plan that week, and unlike some coaches, fairchild and Jauron don't shy away from the gameplan and abandon the run. The Bills kept pounding the ball and guess what? they won. I am willing to bet that the Jets don't beat the fish in Miami.

11. GreenMachine

I think Buffalo might be a bit tired after facing 2 division rivals on the road and than having to go back home to face another. The Jets should be the better rested of the 2, especially after Buffalo just got done playing that slug fest in the 95 degree heat of SF..

12. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Why? because your run defense is so good? 19th in the league won't stop Mcgahee... but your right JP will throw against your 22nd best pass D.

13. MeanGreenfightingmachine

It's the home opener, the Bills will be well rested, Home field advantage will be huge this game, the crowd will be very loud.

14. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Ok, Im done arguing about this because we will go back and forth all week. We'll just wait until sunday and then you guys can talk about JP.

15. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills' first offensive play is a bomb to Lee Evans or Peerless Price. Why? Because the Jets will expect them to run Willis. Steve Fairchild's offense is simple (no 700 page playbooks in B-lo), but he does the unexpected after convincing you that he's going to do "the same old thing".

What doesn't show in JP's stats from the Miami game is that Lee Evans toasted Will Allen so badly Allen had to take a 50 yard PI penalty to prevent a TD. Thinking the Bills were going to keep running Willis, the Carp put 8 or 9 guys up to stop the run -- and had single coverage on Evans. Uh-oh. :eek:hmy:

16. GreenMachine

We have a MUCH better secondary than Miami. Go deep JP...Kerry Rhodes has something for 'ya:up:

17. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Miami, 5th against the pass... NYJ 22 against the pass ???

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We haven't played Buffalo yet like Miami has.

Get out of here with that batting practice sheet.

19. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Read what I wrote, please. I said it would be unexpected. Any DB left out to cover a fast WR like Evans in single coverage can be beat. That's what happened to Allen. The Bills lulled Miami into thinking they wouldn't go long, and when the Miami D "bit" on the running game and left Evans single covered, they struck. If Allen didn't practically tackle Evans, it was six -- and don't say "it was overthrown" because Evans runs under those apparently overthrown balls.

Oh, yeah. Watch out on third-and-1s as well. :)

20. GreenMachine

NYJ 4 INTS
    MIA 0
    NE 1