Geno is what I thought he was

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

1 TD and 10 INTs since the ATL game

2. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

horsebleep. He is a QB being ruined by Rex's fearful hyper conservative offensive philosophy.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Counting the rushing TDs or nah?

Geno Smith has had more catches than Stephen Hill has had in almost a month. And Stephen Hill until today was a starting wide out on this team.

Jeremy Kerley was his go to target since Kerley actually knew how to get separation on the field and maybe outside of Holmes, guys like Nelson and Hill can't create separation if their life depended upon it. Sudfeld is lost on route running, Winslow is a step slow at this point and time, Cumberland hasn't been the same since his injury.

4. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

If your going to count the rush TD's let's count the fumbles as well shall we? 11 total TD's on the season to 22 turnovers, even Matt fucking McGloin is performing better than Geno.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

We drafted someone who could easily be defensive rookie of the year and it wasn't a good draft. Yea Okay. :wink:

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

This is the story of this season. This team just doesn't have anything. We don't even have a raw fast receiver to just run down the side and throw a bomb too. I dont even know how Hill cant do that.

7. BakerMaker

And much of the fumbles come off Geno's blindside because the left side of the line has been underachieving. People act like it is all on the QB for fumbles, QBs are not meant to take sack upon sack without coughing the ball up. Geno has had some stupid fumbles like the one in TEN, no doubt but to blame Geno for all of his fumbles and not relay some of the blame on the protection just isn't fair.

Matt McGloin had one game against an awful Texans team/secondary.

8. Murrell2878

Do you want me to count the fumbles as well or nah?

9. BakerMaker

Do you want to hold Geno Smith accountable for all of his fumbles/sacks or nah?

10. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Kellen Clemens had a better game today lol

11. Murrell2878

What's horseshit about what I said? He was terrible in weather games last year, he lived off of easy pass plays to Bailey and Austin. He struggled down the stretch last year. He was overrated by too many people who looked at his stat line.

12. Murrell2878

Um.... Yes. You want to make excuses go ahead. He is not getting the job done, he looks way in over his head, other teams are calling him soft and I totally see why.

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hey look it's johnny one-note. Where have you been the last 5 weeks?

Where are the glowing platitudes? The assurances? Where is your one-note bouancy selling your fairy tale optimism? The hope?

Oh, it's Rex's fault- a QB being ruined by a conservative offensive philosophy. Sounds like we've heard that before but so many were wrong and you were so right.

Got it.

Good ole johnny one-note.

Just like all the other one-note jokers.

_

14. BakerMaker

He had one real shit game in the pinstripe bowl with awful weather that everyone vows and brings up.

His defense was shit in the 2nd part of last season that forced Geno to play catch up which is why the team did not win many games and why Geno had to often throw. The pinstripe bowl, Syracuse ran for how many yards in that game against the Mountaineers defense?

Geno has the tools, it is a matter of seasoning and applying him with some tools to throw and protect with at this point of his development. But with this impatient fanbase, it will never happen. By some accounts, the kid should have never even started the year.

15. BakerMaker

I'm not making excuses, I think it is fucking stupid that the only person everyone holds accountable for after today's debacle and for many of the debacles is Smith. It is always the QB that gets the flack every time. Same shit with Sanchez.

16. Murrell2878

He looked awful for most of the Oklahoma game too. Luckily for WVU Tavon Austin had a career game. I don't see the tools you claim he has. I agree he should not have even started this year

17. Murrell2878

Its not one game. He's been shit for SIX straight games now

18. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I don't think Geno's a bust. But his lack of adjustment worries me. He has a deer in the head lights look. Rarely does Geno communicate well with his offense. He can't read a defense and rarely looks at all his passing options. I would think that at some point he would improve. But he hasn't shown anything. Rex Ryan's system isn't doing him any favors and it ain't building his confidence.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

19. BakerMaker

He needs to work with his eye work on the field, he has always had that problem. He has some fumbling problems that can use work but to have him get battered the way he has game by game, it does nothing for his development.

He has good mobility, a solid arm, he's a better leader than given credit for, he sadly is a rookie and rookies get swallowed up more often then not in this league in terms of catching up to the speed of the game.

20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

He needs a WR is what he needs this team STINKS at that position