PS4/Xbox One discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Poeman, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The PS4 is out, I saw alot of people on lines at gamestop trying to get theirs...I personally am thinking of waiting until right before fall 2014 to get mine once games are out and some time has been spent using these consoles.

What about you guys?

Xbox One is out next week

2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I just don't like this ban on "sharing""trading" and all these DRM games. Was once a fan of consoles but something worth some value will have to come if they want me to leave PC gaming and I just don't see it.

3. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

leaning towards the xbox one. the tv integration sold me.

4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm also going to wait a bit and I'll be getting a PS4. Had a 360 and PS3 and went about a year without playing my 360 before I sold it. Just not a huge fan of their exclusive titles but love some of the PS ones (namely Uncharted, Last of Us and Infamous, among others).

For launch there doesn't appear to be a lot of interesting games and a few of them (COD, AC4, Watchdogs, etc.) are still available on the PS3/360 so I don't feel like I "need" to get one now to play any killer games.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'll be getting the PS4 come tax return time :)

I can't justify spending that money with no real benefit yet. Just like stated above, by the time I get it, more games will be out and it will justify my purchase more. For now, I will stick with my ps3. I will be buying Battlefield 4 this weekend though!!

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If anyone wants to add me my PSN is : JETS4EVER1992

PS4 is amazing, going to be playing a lot of BF4.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I think it'd be best to wait, and get a system in 2014.

Also, anyone who gets an Xbox is a f'n idiot.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not a gamer. Never played games. Just bought Wii for my boys last year. Why is Xbox One bad in your view?

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

It's the start of the decline of a so called game console. It's main focus is tv, video chatting, watching movies, and listening to music. But again it's main focus is tv. MS is banking on live tv and hoping you run to them and their locked down eco system to be your all source of entertainment.

These consoles of today are basically watered down PCs.

I know many here don't care but I built my PC last summer and it houses everything ($550). Tv, movies, games which happens to always be cheaper, pictures, files, work applications, etc in an upgradable and customizable package. Also free online play with more players.

IMO this will be the last gaming console generation.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

10. deerow84

Personally I disagree. The PS3 sold a million copies in 24 hours, the XBox One will probably pull in similar numbers. Games like GTA and Call of Duty pull in billions of dollars in sales. Console gaming is expanding if anything.

Integration isn't a bad thing (take smartphones for example) and I agree with some of your points but not everyone is into PC gaming and building or modification. You built your own for $550 but the average person would probably have to pay two or three times that for a decent gaming PC rig and have to upgrade it again in two years whereas with this last generation of consoles you could have spent the same or less (depending on when you bought it) and had it for 7 or 8 years with new games, longer for a media hub/playing old games.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

The only thing I'd need to upgrade is the graphic card as I assume base on how low these prices have been going, in 2 years I'd be able to get one that will surpass these consoles for no more than $150 (AMD of course, not Nvidia). I dont need to worry about the CPU as I have one that surpasses the consoles in terms of performance (really, how many games are actually going to take advantage of those 8 cores?)

I saved some money by not paying MS and Sony yearly subscriptions to watch NETFLIX (on top of my subscription to Netflix) on my device, or to game online as with a pc theres no additional cost to use these things and they are better too. Games on PC are usually 10-20 dollars cheaper.

Heck, right now STEAM has RAGE as a free weekend game. Im about to DL and play before it expires on Sunday afternoon.

Bottomline is that in the long run I save money whereas if I go to the locked down environment that is console gaming, I lose more money.

With BOTH consoles basically are now x86 architecture running AMD APUs , expect a tone of quality ports coming to PC. No more "poor optimization."

But PLEASE dont get me wrong everybody, im not hating. Enjoy your consoles but my console days are over after moving to PC. I now see why so many boost about PC gaming or PC in general.

#11 mute, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  12. deerow84

Don't get me wrong either, not hating on PC gaming. I used to be much more into PC gaming and Steam alone is a huge boost for PC gaming. Maybe you are right about ports as well, but until you see AAA titles released on PC same day as consoles I can't buy that console gaming is being rendered obsolete.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm an Xbox 360 guy (I do own a PS3 but mostly use it as a Bluray player)... I need convincing as to why PS4 is significantly better than the One in the gaming department.

I understand that the One's sales pitch revolves around the all-in-one entertainment center. I still don't understand where in the gaming department Xbox has a significant disadvantage to PS4.

I'm not that well versed in the differences so those more educated on the topic could help.

14. deerow84

From a gaming perspective I don't think there is much of a difference, at least not at present. Exclusive titles is the big difference maker in one console being better than the other for me. I don't really see any big draws on either at this point but I like some of the Playstation ones (Uncharted, Infamous come to mind) more than the Xbox ones, although Titanfall looks pretty cool.

The big knock on xbox was all those weird features that they had and stuff with not being able to borrow games, the camera always watching and listening to you and can even charge you for pay per view events based on the number of people it reads in the room...just weird stuff like that. The PS4 also apparently has better specs but not by much.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Ps4 is more powerful and has more graphical advantages that will become noticeable later in these consoles life.

16. Drew

Drew Active Member

There's no DRM.

I picked up a PS4 2 weeks ago. I like it. Nothing truly groundbreaking (yet), but I'm a fan. I like the interface way better than the PS3.

I have Madden, NBA 2k, FIFA, COD: Ghosts and Battlefield 4.

17. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I agree that PC gaming is superior. I just LOVE Madden and the other sports games which the PC doesn't really have.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This, the PS4 is more powerful and will have the appeal longer. Graphically games like COD and Battlefield are 1080p on PS4 while the Xbox One they are only 720p.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Gonna pass on both of them until my XBOX 360 kicks the bucket. Been using my xbox to play a game of madden here and there and to watch netflix/hbo go and that's about it. Gonna use it until it breaks and then go from there

20. deerow84

I heard from someone in the know that a remastered version of The Last if Us is coming to PS4. I already own and love that game but it would be pretty cool to play it in 1080p with better graphics and whatnot. They would likely tack on a few extra exclusives.

Just thought I would throw that out there.