Why I am MORE angry with the Head Coach than Geno for the Bills disaster:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Nov 19, 2013.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I don't buy that it was "Game Over" when the Jets are down 20-7 with over 20 minutes left in the game, right after the defense just made a 3-and-out stop.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Any CS that chooses to ONLY run or pass when neither is being successful is not going to be in the league very long. you have to keep trying.

3. HackettSuxTNG

Well, it just appears pretty obvious to me that despite all the bitching and moaning and whining and crying about Geno Smith, NO ONE on this board had more confidence in the Jets running game in the third quarter than they did in Geno Smith.

#63 HackettSuxTNG, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

the final result would seem to disagree with you.

5. HackettSuxTNG

The Bills had a LOT more points than 20 once time expired.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

C'mon.

I've been following this argument. It's been fun, but to say any game that is 20-7 at that point is "over" is silly.

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I am going to say this now and you can kill me, but I believe it. The Jets would be no better OR no worse with almost any other head coach. Take what you want by that. I will say it again. The Jets would be no better or no worse than with any other coach. Its true. Stash it. Cash it. And lets get on with it!

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm glad you believe it because I doubt anyone else would. Let's get Leslie Frazier or Jason Garrett here!

9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Actually I said it to get a reaction from somebody. I don't care if it is true or not. It's just an opinion. They make the world go round.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

You're living in la la land. The job Rex has done is nothing short of amazing considering we're sitting at 5-5 with the piss poor QB play we've had.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Blaming the players coming out flat on Rex is perplexing.

In 1009 & 2010 we had 53 millionaires wearing NY Jets unis come out flat with the SB just 60 minutes away.

If a shot at the SB with the whole world watching is not enough to amp these guys out of their skin, then nothing Rex says pre-Bills game mid season is gonna make it happen.

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Lane Kiffin is available.

_

13. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Its the same story with a Rex Ryan team each year. Most likely will be our story going forward. Not enough talent on offense, and deficient in the passing game. When a team can stop our run, and our defense isn't lights out we are in trouble.
    We will need to pick more defensive players next draft because our secondary stinks and our #1 pick is a bust.
    The worse part is we are going to die a slow death from here to the end of the season because Geno cant get it done, and we have nowhere else to turn. or won't. Would be better off loosing out and getting a good draft pick, instead of the team ripping our hearts out again with this farce of a playoff run that will end in failure.

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Other fans that visit TGG must piss themselves laughing at some of the ridiculous comments made by so called fans.
    You had a reaction earlier on , laughter.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Really? - in our away games to date we have scored:

- 10 points
    - 13 points
    - 6 points
    - 9 points

IN TOTAL across all 4 quarters - so with the way our offense has been performing in its road games you really think that being in a 13 point hole against anyone does not effectively spell game over for the Jets this season?

Of course its possible that we could recover and go on to win but given that you had to assume that the bills are going to get at least another two scores (say a TD and a FG) in the second half we would have had to score over 30 points - or more than twice as many points as we have achieved in any previous away game to date at a time when our O was playing like crap - so yeah, I think it was a fairly safe bet to call it game over at that point.

Its a slight exaggeration for the sake of stressing the point sure and "on any given Sunday" etc but I certainly dont have any faith in this offense to pull back any sort of deficit when playing away from home (and not much when playing at home to be honest)

#75 JetsUK, Nov 21, 2013
  16. HackettSuxTNG

Which makes me all the more insane when the coaching staff makes piss-poor decisions like this one! They have demonstrated that they are capable of so much more!

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I agree that the HC & his entire staff takes the fall on this one. 2 weeks to prepare & he comes up with a big size crapper. He did nothing it appeared to adjust the game plan when it obvious that the D being used by Bflo was confusing the hell out of Geno. Enuf said except coulda, woulda & shoulda count for zero in the standing :sad:

18. HackettSuxTNG

This is worth repeating:

Despite all the bitching and moaning and whining and crying about Geno Smith, NO ONE on this board had more confidence in the Jets running game in the third quarter than they did in Geno Smith.

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Yeah well its easy to say the HC + staff take the fall for that. Hindsight blah blah blah.....

Maybe, just maybe this was a situational series that was practised and worked well, but on the day failed.
    I honestly can't believe that MM would have put that series in thinking anything other than confident that his QB and O could execute.

That's the issue here, its not the play calling, its the execution and once again on a limited talent pool didn't get it done.

#79 gustoonarmy, Nov 21, 2013
  20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Lousy players dont get it done, so let's blame the coaches.

I have seen plenty of that from too many fans for years now.