Stephen Hill: Milk Carton Status

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CurbYourEnthusiasm, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I had such high hopes for hill after that bills game, but what do you expect when you draft a guy high, an he only had a handful of receptions in college

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

At least Hatchette was drafted in the 7th round.

Hill was a 2nd rounder, dude is terrible.

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You referring to the fastest man in the world, who could catch a ball?

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Millner or Hill? Who has the most potential to become a legit starter in the NFL?

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Millner and its hard to say that

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Millner. At least has the college pedigree going for him. Hill, as I've stated from Day 1, is utter garbage.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We have a history of doing this, I'm not odl enough to remember the Lam Jones draft pick but I remember him being on the team but I remeber Parcells drafting a QB out of Nebraska to play safety named Scott Frost.

I still have hopes for Hill, he has the physical tools but he also hasn't exactly had a consistent QB throwing to him either. Demariyus Thomas was an average player until Manning became his QB. Yes Hill is a below average WR right now but have we had anything but below average QB play the last 2 years?

8. JetsNation06

Demariyus is head and shoulders a more complete and talented WR than Hill could ever dream of being. Hill's not a natural fluid WR. Those projects rarely pan out in the NFL.

9. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

It really is hard to judge a guy when he is not getting the targets and the QB just simply isn't playing well. Hill will be a solid player down the road for us. He simply needs time to grow. He is being pressed into playing a lot because we really don't have anyone else. Like I said previously, the guy is nothing but a decoy if we're gonna play conservative as hell. When Geno goes downfield, Hill is productive. When we only throw hitches and screens, he is ineffective. As Geno grows, so will Hill and so will the rest of this young team.

10. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I think people are still forgetting that Hill has essentially disappeared since taking a hit to the head. Prior to that he was looking improved and since he has been a shadow of himself. To me that reeks of concussion related issues. Someone posted some stats a few weeks back--I will see if I can find them--but it is really dramatic the difference before and after that hit. I wonder if the Jets are hiding something or have missed something. After all, Hill wouldn't be the first player to have taken a head hit and either never recovered or took a long time.

11. Mr. Green Pants

Milliner is a rook, holding his own at one of the toughest positions on the field, after missing camp and battling hamstring problems. He will be fine. Hill is a non-entity on the field in his second season. His lack of production is alarming.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He was targeted 7 times yesterday for 0 catches.

13. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::drunk:

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hill just doesn't fight to get open. Struggles in press coverage, doesn't have good hands and runs shitty ass routes. He can't run a post every time out. How many times have you seen this guy catch an 8 yard hitch and fail to lower the shoulder and drive the 190 pound corner back 2 yards to get the first? He's a freak athlete, a bad football player. At least right now, and I'm getting fuckin sick of seeing him blanketed by a smaller, slower corner. I think he is part of the problem on offense, and we need TWO new starting calibre WRs next year.

15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

id love to know what game Mr Green Pants it surely isn't anything with the Jets. Maybe he is still watching his Alabama highlights on youtube.

16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Hill was targeted 7x yesterrday and everytime, the DB was right in his back pocket. He just can't run good routes and DBs can read what he is going to be before he even does it. Its sad that he has now been in the NFL 2 years now and can only run one route. With his side and speed, he should be producing or outleast use his physical talents to make smaller DBs look bad but he doesnt. Another garbage pick by this team.

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Wow...the mention of Scott Frost got me to thinking and I did some looking. The dude lasted 5 years in the league. I was shocked about that...but you know what the BIGGEST shocker was??? My man is the Offensive Coordinator the Oregon Ducks!! I'm a huge Pac12 guy and how did I miss this?? That is one colossal offense he runs over there. Interesting.....

18. JetsNation06

Just to be clear, before you go giving him way too much credit, the offense that Frost "runs" at Oregon was the brainchild of Chip Kelly and Mark Helfrich. So I wouldn't act like it was Frost who is behind the Ducks high octane offense. He just happened to be working under two offensive gurus and got promoted when Kelly moved on.

19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Oh I get that...absolutely. BUT, it takes a smart man to realize what works, learn it, maintain it and continue to manage/perfect it. It's no different than all those guys that learned Walsh's system and carried it forward. Just caught me off guard is all. :smile:

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hill is being asked to do something that he is not capable of doing: to be a starting WR in the NFL. When you ask a player to do something they are not capable of doing the results tend to look exactly like Hill's results. He's invisible.

Whatever you think of Sanchez performance last year it didn't help that one of his main targets was not capable of doing the job.

Hill's role on this team should be as a 4th receiver brought in occasionally to spread the defense out and force them to send a guy deep with him. If he suddenly started making some plays in that role then maybe you think about moving him up the depth chart.