Stephen Hill: Milk Carton Status

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CurbYourEnthusiasm, Oct 28, 2013.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

I could think of two. One where the corner was all over him, and another where Geno there's it short thinking Hill would turn around quicker.

2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Playing in the NFL is obviously to big for him or he cant handle it. @ the point of moving on but thats my feel on the team in general after a loss

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

One of our worst picks in the last 20 years. He simply cannot play. Fuckin useless ghost bastard.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

Stephen Hill was rushed into being a #1 receiver when he should of been a #4. With that said, he did improve this year, but has dropped off a ton. I feel like Marty has changed the way we play offense too much. We used to throw the ball downfield, and now were more conservative . When we were throwing the ball all over the place and letting Geno play, Hill was productive, now that they cut the field for Geno, surprisingly both he and Hill have played bad.

It's gotta be sink or swim for Geno. Let him ball. Only reason I could see them playing conservative is because they aren't thinking of drafting another QB early this year.

5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I have given up on him. he is an absolute bust. 6'4, 4.3 speed but can't get open or catch anything.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's really hard to develop a project at QB and WR at the same time.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This is what I've been saying since Hill got drafted. He needed to be drafted by a team like the Giants that would've made him a 4 or a 5 at the beginning and allowed him spot opportunities to earn his way into more playing time.

The Jets traded up for his physical tools and anointed him Calvin Johnson lite from the minute he signed his contract and it has hurt the Jets passing game tremendously.

A quarterback needs a receiver they can rely on and isn't going to be moved a year after they start. The revolving door at receivers didn't work for Mark Sanchez, and it won't work for Geno Smith. The Jets whiffed on this pick big time.

8. Soul Rebel 212

All he did at GT was run go routes and burn DBs with his speed and height. His route running was non-existent and his hands were questionable when he was drafted. None of that has changed and how could it with the way he was brought along. You need a veteran mentor a la Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald to take him under their wing. Santonio is not the guy I want trying to teach a raw rookie youngster that's trying to be our new #1.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

When he was drafted people here scoffed at me when I said I'd rather have a dude with proven hands / production (Alshon Jeffrey) over physical measurables ........ hmmm.

Although, given Geno's play yesterday, today isn't the day to bash him..... unless 2nd review shows he was a part of it. :shit:

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

There was a play on the sidelines on 3rd down where Geno throws him a pass in stride and he just drops it. As a receiver you have to make those catches.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Id have to see that because I just remember a lot of awful passes to the sideline yesterday.

Bad QB play is like bad pitching...bad pitching, walks, slow deliver will caus eyour defense to lose interest and you get sloppy play.
    A Qb that has complete 16 passes in 2 weeks....your receivers lose interest and focus because they know odds are a ball isn't coming their way, if it does it will be off target, or it will be a turnover.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Johnny Lam Jones 2.0

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Matthew Hachette 2.0

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I saw a story that the Jets will consider benching him and have David Nelson start opposite Holmes with Salas mixed in.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It is time. He needs to figure out WTF he is doing, get healthy, find some confidence, whatever. He is not getting any separation and has been a liability out there for about a month.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

They should skip the considering step and move right to doing.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That pass was catchable and it slipped right through his hands.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Jets seem to have real problems drafting offense - and you cant pile it all on Rex, you cannot expect one guy to be a master of everything, no coach is, they need to get some decent evaluators into the organization

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This team needs to re examine how it drafts. Drafting "projects" at skill positions just doesn't seem to be working for us. I don't understand why the Jets seem to think they can remake a player into something that they want him to be instead of what he is.

Hill should have never been drafted in the first place by the Jets. If the immediate need is offensive talent, you don't draft a "project' to fill that role unless you're crazy.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This, 100% correct Mr Cman55
    You just don't draft projects with your precious 1st, 2nd or even 3rd unless you have no real needs for immediate contributors and the guy has stud written all over him like a QB.