Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You sound like the typical maroon who throws out useless statements that have nothing to do with the issue at hand to try and disguise the fact that you really have nothing to add to the conversation.

You have mentioned "liberal" at least 4 times in this thread when this has absolutely nothing to do with liberalism or conservatism.

Now it may be coming out from a couple of more Dolphins about Incognito's requests for money and threats of a physical nature. I understand your position is that anyone that would allow this is a pussy so I won't expect you to understand that there are laws that attempt to regulate such workplace behavior.

State and federal laws dictate that employers have a duty to attempt to make the workplace free from discrimination and harassment. The size of the employee and the nature of the work does not absolve the employer of that responsibility. If the behavior was common and accepted previously also does nothing to take the onus off the employer.

You said earlier that, "A grown man talking about another grown man being "bullied" is one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard."

What if this was in an office and one worker was Incognitos size and the other was 5' 5" and 120 lbs.? Is this still permissible in your eyes?

2. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

State and workplace laws in a locker room lol. Its a locker room- not IBM. Again,context please. 53 men in a locker room. The uppity white liberal is the only one giving these doofuses a platform here.(Deadspin etc.) See Vanderbilt Jets for example.

Anyways theres zero evidence of Martin being bullied and coincidentally his mommy has been practicing these type of cases for 20 years. Pure money grab from scummy attorney parents that saw Incognito as a perfect target because their poor baby didnt want to play football anymore.

Martin and Incognito were texting each other like high school girls.

As far as the office- an adult being bullied is pathetic. Stand up for yourself. This type of reasoning trivializes actual bullying that goes on in schools and with children.

#562 Trip McNealy, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Since I started my job back in June I have had the following happen: had my name badge ripped off, trash can thrown at me, called names, locked in/out of the building, etc. Told my supervisor and he just laughed. Guess I have a case too if I wanted to go that route lol

4. Mitch_Dumstein

Pouncy out for today...3/5 of their starting OL....

Know anybody over 300 pounds?

If so, call the Dolphins and play in the NFL

5. The Waterboy

Context? It's the fucking law. It doesn't matter if it is a locker room, IBM or McDonalds.

The locker room is the workplace, if they were having meetings at the strip club that is the workplace. Labor laws do not say anything about an exemption for the workplace being a locker room. What about an employee of a gym harassing another employee, do labor laws not apply because it is a gym with most probably a locker room also?

I didn't expect you to leave the "liberal" part out. Am I now liberal since I agree those that have a hostile work environment should have some recourse?

So the 120 lb. adult should just hit the 300 lb. co-worker? No chance the 300 lb. co-worker is going to break the 120 lb. guys jaw, right?

6. The Waterboy

Why didn't you just kick their asses?

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Thank you

////

8. VanderbiltJets

Quite possibly. If they used racial slurs while doing so then you'd definitely have a case.

9. VanderbiltJets

"Understanding context" to some means ignoring facts and context when they aren't favorable. The forest is difficult to see staring at one tree.

The argument has apparently shifted from "this isn't wrong" to "this shouldn't be wrong". Neither is correct.

That and screw the players that rely on collective bargaining rights under the law and turn around and oppose protections from harassment in the workplace under the law. They're both workers' rights.

#569 VanderbiltJets, Nov 17, 2013
  10. VanderbiltJets

11. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

So you want workplace laws enforced throughout the league now? If thats the case Rex should be fired tomorrow.

You realize how idiotic that sounds? Since when has locker room behavior been an issue to anyone? Why are you suddenly concerned about it? When Bart Scott was tying rookies to goal posts were you demanding for Rex's termination and a law suit on top of it? Should Bart Scott be sued? Does that rookie have a case?

Jonathan Martin was cheesing for the camera on the Stanford sideline last night looking happy as a clam. Guy is a scumbag and this entire story is a joke. The locker room being considered a regular work environment lol....pretty easy to tell who's played a sport before and who hasnt. If were bringing attorney's into locker rooms the league is in a world trouble. Ambulance chasing is a scummy move done by scummy people.

#571 Trip McNealy, Nov 17, 2013
  12. The Waterboy

And what would Rex be fired for?

You seem to have a hard time discerning the difference between hazing and harassment. You can attempt to make an argument that all hazing is harassment but good luck proving it in a court of law.

This isn't about a rookie being tied to a goal post once or having to carry a vets pads. His claim is repeated harassment, since when does rookie hazing follow through into the players second year, how often do you think it involves racial taunts and threats to shit in someones mouth?

You inability to realize that the locker room is most certainly a work environment is very telling, if you can't understand that it seems it would be hard to explain much more to you.

I really like the "pretty easy to tell who's played a sport before and who hasnt". What professional sport do you currently play? I don't need to hear about your high school accomplishments since I also played when I was a kid. That statement just reinforces that you really can't put together a valid argument.

Here are a few things you can try to address in your next post.

Explain to me why the locker room is not a work place environment.
    Explain to me why Martin being happy at the Stanford game has any relevance.

13. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ooohhhhhh!!!!

14. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Do I really have to explain why the locker room isn't a regular work environment? Do you shower with your coworkers? Should they enforce shower policies now too? No nudity in the locker room if it makes one person uncomfortable?

For a guy who said he needed to get away for the game and is suffering from depression and PTSD, he looked awfully gleeful tailgating and watching the game. He's a dope and I'm happy him and his family have been exposed as frauds. Probably not the move you want to make if you're looking for sympathy.

As for the racial taunt- give me a friggin break. They were texting back and for to one another. This harassment you're referring to was what exactly? I've yet to hear/see any evidence of actual "harassment" other than a text exchange where Martin also said he'd murder his entire family.

#574 Trip McNealy, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Go ahead and defend that scumbag P.O.S. Incognito.... you'll just be the one looking like an idiot

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

on a side note- how in the hell did S.D. not pound our fishy friends into the ground? You got a reeling team with a terrible OL, just blitz the hell out of them and call it a day. I was expecting a blow out and they let those fools WIN?

17. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Calling Jonathan Martin a phony isn't defending Incognito.

I will say this he's an instant upgrade from Brian Winters.

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Pretty pathetic SD lost to Miami.

I'm still convinced Miami finishes with a losing record.

19. The Waterboy

I didn't ask you to explain why it was not a regular workplace evironment, I asked you to explain why it was not a workplace evironment, period. Just because a place is not the norm for many does not exempt it from labor laws or other laws.

There are other jobs outside of sports where there is nudity present or where employees shower after a shift, this does not exempt them from labor laws,

What he claimed he needed to get away from was not the game itself but the abusive environment present in the Dolphins organization. Of course he is going to be in much better spirits once he got away from it. If that makes him a fraud then I guess anyone that is harassed or abused, removes themselves from the situation and is then happier for it is also a fraud.

I'm gonna shit in your mouth you half nigger piece of shit.

Nope, I don't see anything racial there.

20. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

So racial stuff is off limits but threats to murder ones family is ok? If we're looking at it without any context that's basically what you're saying.

As far as labor laws go- tying someone to a goalpost surely violates those as well no? If I decided to tie up my coworker right now, I'm violating something am I not?

You're going in circles here picking and choosing what's allowed and what isn't.