Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. The_NYTitan

The_NYTitan Member

Wow that would in crazy

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The worst CB in football is playing like garbage once again. Cant even cover 2nd and 3rd string receivers without giving a 10 yard cushion.

3. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

This guy is absolutely terrible. He has 0 awareness.

4. 94Abraham

T-Minus how many minutes until 74Mangold comes in to preach how great he looked today! Give it a rest. This stiff cant cover his own shadow let alone 2nd and 3rd string receivers the Bills have. Freaking stupid pick at 9.

5. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I was never a fan of him coming out of Alabama. The school that he went to bumped him up at least a round.

6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

LOL, Dee bust, was on his game today.

7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

His demeanor reminds me of Ghoulston....I think we have another defensive bust....The guy seems happy to be making a few million dollars when otherwise a U of Alabama grad is lucky to make 50,000 a year.

The guy is content -- a dangerous trait.

8. Mean Green Machine

Mean Green Machine Active Member

Dee Milliner will be alright, his mistakes are correctable.
    Dude just seems so timid. He needs to play with some swagger, he plays too conservative and at the CB position, that will get you beat constantly.

9. 94Abraham

Developing a clue on how to cover someone is correctable? He has ZERO awareness like a previous poster indicated. You cant just teach those instincts in a quick amount of time. You have to realize the competition as well. He has been beat MANY times against really bad receivers this year. Not just all pros. Freaking Austin Collie beat him like a drum at least 3x in NE and he is no longer in football. Kyle Wilson is an all pro compared to this stiff.

10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

The defense of the secondary by some is so blind..you wonder what the angle is. Been coming to this site almost a decade and there have been some weird defenses by posters in all aspects of the team...but to even try to defend this secondary is....I cant even think of a word.

11. Mean Green Machine

I feel for the guy though, maybe it is Rex's system. Kyle Wilson was a highly touted back and so was Milliner coming out of college. Thrown into the fire to guard receivers one on one with no safety help is VERY HARD.

Your a rookie and you try no to get burned and you give up a bunch of underneath throws. And then when they try to guard up they are over aggressive and get burned.

IDC who it is coming out of college, Rex system makes it hard for young CB's to ease themselves into the league.

Instantly Milliner had the Job that Revis had left. Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson were considered busts early on but eased themselves into being top 5 at their position.

CB is a delicate position and throwing them into the fire is a recipe for disaster. They need safety help until they get a feel for NFL speed and then they come into their own.

12. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I'm sure you would've been in here criticizing yourself if he had a good game. It looked like he might have turned the corner somewhat on awareness last game and he showed the athleticism but he went right back to being clueless. Congrats he's a rookie in over his head.

13. 94Abraham

No, they werent. Show me some proof with these so called people calling them "busts". Its called being a NFL cornerback. Your job is to "cover" people. Rookie or not, EVERYONE beats this guy with ease. He cant cover deep or short passes. You can go down the list with all these silly comparisons, blame game, or excuses all you want but his play speaks for itself. I cant think of any corner that has ever looked this bad. The fact that anyone is trying to defend this guy after getting beat like a drum all year especially against backup receivers is laughable.

14. 94Abraham

I give you props for coming back and admitting what most of us thought. Congrats.

15. DanR

DanR Active Member

Milliner didnt have a good game but I dont think we should bash him. He has shown some improvement.

16. Mean Green Machine

Peterson at one point was so bad that they wanted to switch him to safety, he also was a backup for sometime early in his career. Cardinal fans were calling for his head just like we are with Milliner.

"While it's too early to call Peterson a bust, early signs aren't promising for the rookie's chances of avoiding a position switch to safety. Per Pro Football Focus, Peterson has allowed 21-of-28 passes to be completed against him (75%) for 287 yards (10.25 YPA), and a pair of touchdowns."

Haden not as bad but started off rough.

It happens, cornerbacks coming out of college are rarely impact players on day one.

Milliner sucks but it's part of the learning curve for the position.

#416 Mean Green Machine, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Swagger isn't learned. It's a innate trait to have.

His lack of awareness makes me cringe. I honestly can't say he's really improved at any point this season. Rookies gonna rookie, but he's as a bad a rookie as I've seen play since Gholston and Ducasse.

18. foreboding

foreboding Member

I admit I liked him, but clearly that 'Bama defense made him better than he is. Seems to not be instinctive. He might be a slow bloomer.

19. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

He shows certain times (very very limited so far this season) that he can play and ball out, but most of the time he looks lost and shows why it was dumb to take a CB with the 9th pick. I wanted Vaccaro.

20. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Lets be real, anyone would have been better at 9 than Milliner.