Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You sir are correct one more time. After last night, I am pretty convinced it is either the Jets or the Ravens.

2. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Tough teams but there's a really good possibility that at least one of those games has Ravens' opponents benching starters early. They got lucky that three game stretch came all the way at season end.

3. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Beat them next week and they can go fuck themselves.

4. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I don't like to look ahead too far but I agree, if the Jets can beat the Ravens they have a great shot at playoffs.

There are 5 teams chasing the Jets right now. One, the Titans, lost last night so if the Jets can take care of business this weekend the Titans are 2 games behind with 6 to go.

Of the remaining 4 teams, 2 square off this weekend (mia vs sd). The loser is 2 games behind. If Miami wins the Jets still control their destiny against the fish. A loss by the fish coupled by a split against them in division still puts miami 2 behind with 4 games left.

The Ravens could easily lose this weekend to the Bears. If the Jets beat the Ravens they're essentially 3 back with 5 to go.

The Bengals and browns is a key game, Jets fans need to root for the Bengals to put the Browns 2 back and more importantly try to eliminate any tie breaker against the Bengals due to their loss to them. A Bengals win and Ravens losses the next 2 weeks virtually gives the Bengals the division.

I know, its still the Jets and they tend to screw up when handed the opportunity to distance themselves from the pack but I really like the way things are falling out in the schedule.. they just need to take care of business..

And who knows, its very possible the Jets and Pats could be tied in 2 weeks time. There's a nice thought.. who could have thought its possible to have a chance at the division with 5 games to go. Its the time of the season to dream...

5. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

THIS!

Everyone has their eyes set on the wildcard (and I admit, it appears to be the most realistic landing spot for us) but NE could very easily drop this game @ Carolina, and then lose to Denver on a short week.

If we can manage to take care of business against the Bills, the Ravens game becomes all that much more important... not only would we virtually eliminate them, we'd also distance ourselves from the Wildcard pack, AND be in the hunt for the AFCE Division title!!

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

winning the division is such a longshot its not worth the disappointment to focus on it.

their schedule
    @ CAR
    VS DEN
    @ HOU
    VS CLE
    @ MIA
    @ BAL
    VS BUF

the pats are going to have to lose another 3 games for the jets to pass them as leaders of the east- thats WITH the Jets wining out, a terribly unlikely scenario in it of itself.

Should they lose their next two and the jets win both on the road, they'll still be ahead on conference record, and unless the dolphins or bills beat them I'm not sure the jets would have a tie breaker should both win out from there.

And I wouldn't expect the patriots to lose more than 3 times max for the rest of the year, their offense is getting more consistent as the season go's along.

the idea of NYJ winning the east is based on the pats screwing the pooch hard and the Jets finding a shocking amount of consistency in season devoid of it.

I'd rather go over the possibilities of the team winning a reasonable amount of 4 games than the patriots losing a good number for the jets to catch up.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I doubt any of the starters sit. Those AFC teams don't want to see the Ravens get into the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers will be back soon as well.

8. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Seeding position may come into play as well. Cin, Ind, and Ne are fairly close right now.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

2 more divisional wins + beating the Ravens and Browns should do the job......

I've seen this team shit the bed @ 9-4 too many times, so I'm CAUTIOUSLY optimistic. :jets:

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Playoffs? Playoffs!?

I'm just wanting to see two wins in a row here. Then another one next week against the Ravens without which the win this week would be pretty weak.

Seriously, don't get ahead of the big picture here. The Jets are -62 in points scored this year, they have a rookie QB headed into hitting the wall territory AND they have two games in a row on the road where they are 1-3 this year.

Playoffs?

11. Jetropolitan33

40 of those 62 came from 1 game, so im not sure what that stat tells us if anything.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

12. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

It tells us that we've been extremely good/lucky in winning close games. We're 5-1 in close games. That luck isn't going to last forever.

I'd like to see a convincing win today against Buffalo. I want to win by double digits. I want to go into the last 5 minutes of the fourth enjoying myself instead of being nervous.

13. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

And 25 came from another so blowouts aside the Jets are +3 in the other 7 games.

It's not pretty but we could end up at the top of the trash heap that's known as the bottom half of the AFC even at 8-8.

14. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

We've actually fared pretty well considering the offensive talent we've been able to put on the field week to week.
    We are a better team this week than we have been all season (on paper). Two of the road losses were to NE who never lose at home, and at the Bengals, who were 6-2 at the time and a pretty solid ball club. Chances are we lose those at home too. NE is not the club they used to be, but we're not taking two games from them.

In a passing league, if you can stop Brady and Brees and shut down the run game, there's no reason we can't take 6 of the next 7 games.

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Delete this thread now

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Here we go again with the people blasting this topic. Lets evaluate where we at the end of the day.

We are still at the head of the pack and we still have the weakest schedule.

17. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I know im wrong but I still want the Jets to make it.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Can we please do away with this thread until we can win two games in a row.

Also........can Ryan please learn to prepare for games during the bye? I wanted to blame it on Shotty. Guess not.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Our playoff hopes are just about over fellas.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Me too. Any fan would and should. They just don't seem to deserve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.