Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It is peculiar. I understand why everyone wanted to talk about Milliner when the first round pick got benched, twice. But he has a good game and Rex calls out Dee's haters, and people would rather talk about almost anything else. Strange.

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Honestly a team like the 49ers would scoop him off waivers so quick, they can afford to pay him they just didn't want to shell out a 1st round pick. The Bucs would be stupid to cut him, unless he has another catastrophic injury. So basically, he will be a Buc.

3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Sorry I just feel the need to respond to ridiculous speculation. I didn't give Milliner shit for getting benched or his play, and he is stepping up to the place where you'd expect the 9th pick and top CB selected to play. IMO none of this is any surprise, nor will it be a surprise when he gets beat a few more times by very good WR's. Good thing we play the Bills next, that will help fuel his confidence.

4. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I have hopes this boy will have a great game tomorow :D

5. Mitch_Dumstein

Dee Milliner will be a perennial pro bowl selection starting next season and for the next decade

6. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

If this is true, let's hope he isn't money hungry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

He looked fking awesome for most of last game. He sat on a couple of those outs really smoothly then showed outrageous closing speed and reach to jump the route and break up the pass just toying with Drew Brees of all people. He still has a long way to go but hopefully that's the first sign of things to come.

8. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Like it or not, Dee will always be linked to Revis. That was my main concern with drafting this kid, would he be able to handle NYC and the Revis comparisons as his career progresses. I think he will be ok as the season progresses, missing. OTA's and most of TC hurt him.

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Giving up 5 catches for almost 60 yards (not including the long deep pass that he misplayed as well) doesn't come anywhere close to looking "awesome" unless the standards for him have plummeted that much. We need to give him some more time but he is nowhere close to looking awesome by any means at this point. Baby steps....

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The whole Revis obsession needs to die, the best move Idzik made was trading him, couldn't imagine all the drama that would've hovered over this team, in a contract season for Greedvis, hopefully Milliner will develop into a good CB, however, from what I've seen so far, that might be sometime.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

What game were you watching? He made a couple decent plays, an at this point, that's a positive, he's got a long way to go.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Almost 60 yards" means "50 something yards" and if you offered me that yardage and against no less a QB than Brees a few weeks ago I'd have taken it.

It's just over 1/2 of the kid's 1st season. Obviously not close to being a finished product, just looking for those 'moments' that show what he's capable of.

And calling it baby steps is fair enough..

:beer:

13. Mitch_Dumstein

He's been playing extremely well since the Bengal fiasco in which the whole team looked like crap. He's got his health back and is much improved.

Hopefully he stays healthy, contnues to improve and has a long successful career as a Jet. Chances are quite good that he will turn out to be a much better Jet than a certain always injured malingering goof off former first rounder known as 94Abraham

14. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Chances based off of what? Johnny Abe was the best pure pass rusher this team has had in the last 10 years. Its unfortunate he had to deal with injuries but only a fool would say Dee has shown more then Johnny Abe did in his first year. You must of recently became a Jets fan.

15. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Most of the yards he gave up were when he stopped and looked back at Brees right in the middle of a hitch and go which was obviously a rookie mistake. My point was that he didn't look lost for the first time and when he got targeted he baited Brees into thinking he had easy completions and made smooth athletic moves to break up passes. He didn't get torched at all on the stat line and he made about 3 athletic plays that looked like exactly what you'd want to see from a #9 CB. The other receptions were mostly short gains where he was giving a cushion on 1st and 2nd down and did a good job closing and finishing which is a win. Obviously he's a work in progress but he finally showed flashes of why he was drafted so high. If you don't get that, go rewatch the game. Better yet hopefully he shows some more tomorrow.

16. IdiditMawae

IdiditMawae New Member

Hey guys. I know this doesn't belong here, but my post count isn't high enough to make a new thread. I thought some of you might be interested to know that Marty Mornhinweg's son, Skyler, will be starting at QB for the Gators tonight at South Carolina. His first career start. He's a red shirt freshman. Nice intro to college ball, playing against DE Clowney. Ouch! Someone feel free to make a thread if this is worthy.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Ed Reed makes Millner look serviceable.

18. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

you mean playing well for one game? i was impressed and dee made some plays but lets slow down here a little. he needs to gain some confidence with a good game against an injured bills offense, and we will need him to play well against the ravens, the game we need him the most.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I remember Abe having something like 5 sacks in as many games before getting hurt as a rookie and he wasn't even a starter...LOL. He's amassed HOF-like sack #s despite his injuries. If Milliner can be as good, better or even a notch below, it would great for us. As far as their rookie years though, about the only the thing that's comparable is that they both got bit by the injury bug. Abe came out the gate producing.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Watch Milliner develop into a solid (and very cheap) DB and the Bucs offer to trade us Revi$ for Milliner plus the Bucs 1st round pick in the 2014 draft.

And Geno wins the SB MVP and the Texans offer us JJ Watt and their 1st round pick for Geno Smith.

Idzik cuts Cromartie to pay for Revis then cuts Sanchez to pay for MoWilk, then uses the Bucs pick to draft Clowney and the Texans pick on Bridgewater.

It's all falling into place!

/humor