Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets are going to play controlled mistake-limiting offense from here on out. It's Rex's MO when he has a team in a tight race in the second half of the season with a rookie QB.

They'll let Geno take some shots down the field but only after the run game has brought 8 guys up into the box.

The chance to watch Geno sling it around was earlier in the season when the Jets were still in rebuild mode. Nobody is in rebuild mode at the moment. They're all looking at that playoff spot dangling in front of them.

I think it's an unrealistic expectation but you have to let it play out until it goes one way or the other.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Unless the Patriots and Saints were just horrible against the run we should be pretty good with Ivory and Powell running the ball. If Geno Smith is asked to just compliment the running game and do some play action passes against a team with eight men in the box I think he can keep the turnovers under control.

I don't want to see Geno behind a couple touchdowns thinking he has to win the game all by himself. Mario Williams would have a field day.

3. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

I used this and updated to this week. Here is the link:
    http://clinton-morell.com/n.html?a=-qalplpmmppqalmpqpamqVppmVqVpqVqZmqVqmmplaWaqZaZalAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_

It should have up through week 10 filled out correctly

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Actually the Saints are pretty bad vs the run and the Pats were recently minus Wilfork when they last played so....... I'm very happy that there's a chance, but I'm not getting drunk on the green Koolaid yet

5. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree with your feedback completely.

From my view point after watching SF, Seattle, and particularly Denver....it's hard to envision beating them without a well rounded offensive attack, including heavy passing, but our road ahead to make the playoffs has teams that with a controlled attack and strong running game can be beatable.

The next few games will tell a very interesting story regarding the strength and capability of this team.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This team has potential, this D line can wreck games. If we ended up in Indy it would be such a mismatch, even the Broncos O line really looking suspect.

This team has been very enjoyable to watch, thank you New York Jets.

8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I feel that MM does a good job exploiting teams' weaknesses, which is why we passed a lot (and successfully I might add) against the Bills and Falcons earlier this year, and ran a lot against the Patriots and Saints. The Bills are much stronger defending the run than the pass, so I expect MM to have a pass-heavy game plan lined up. People always say you have to establish the run to pass, well that's not exactly true. You have to exploit the teams' weakness to be successful against its strength. In this case we have to force their safeties and linebackers to be more worried about the pass, thus creating room to run, and giving a balanced attack. Of course there are times like the Saints game when one option is working so well there's no reason not to continue it.

9. Jay Bizniss

This is probably the best secondary we are going to face all year now that they are all healthy.. They better get that run game going as the Bills run defense is ranked 22nd.

#549 Jay Bizniss, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Who I am rooting for this weekend and why:

IND at TEN -- pretty obvious one here

BAL at CHI -- another obvious one

OAK at HOU -- game doesn't really matter except that I want Houston to play well so maybe they can knock off TEN later

CLE at CIN -- pretty obvious

DET at PIT -- obvious

SD at MIA -- This one is weird. A tie would be optimal. But Since the Jets get to play MIA 2x, I feel like it would be more beneficial for the Fins to knock off the Bolts here.

KC at DEN -- Getting way ahead of myself, but having Denver as the #5 seed would be good for the Jets.

NE at CAR -- obvious

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm going to go with wanting SD to knock off the Fins. The tie-breakers won't be bad for the Jets with the Chargers and I'd rather not have the Jets and the Fins tie for anything. It'd also be nice to have the maelstrom in Miami continue.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Exactly, plus the Chargers still have to play the Chiefs twice and the Broncos once.

13. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

A Colts win tonight would pretty much eliminate the Titans from threatening our wild card spot, that 6 seed could very well come down to the last few games with a photo finish. All the teams in contention we play, 2 games with Miami, ravens and browns. Those 4 games will be incredibly important.

14. Jay Bizniss

The Colts should have no problem winning tonight..

15. Lon Chaney

I still think its better to have the Fins beat the Chargers.

I know that SD's schedule is rough down the stretch, but there is no guarantee that the will lose the KC twice.

MIA already is 0-2 in division so even if the Jets split with them and end up tied, they would have the tie-breaker (assuming the Jets beat BUF Sunday).

16. Lon Chaney

I think you're right. I put $200 on the Colts at -2 1/2.

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You couldn't pay me enough money to root for the fins. Fuck that. SD all the way

18. BookEndTackles 72&79

This is correct. A Miami win would be more beneficial to the Jets. A San Diego/Jets tiebreaker comes down to conference record. SD losing to Miami puts them at 2-5 in the conference. A Jets win in Buffalo gives them a 3-4 conference record and the tiebreaker advantage. It also assures them that they do not have to sweep the Fish to win the tiebreaker. Just a split would give them the tiebreaker based on division record.

19. Lon Chaney

Yeah, I'm with you. I guess "rooting" for them is a bad way to put it.

I just think it's better for the Jets if they win.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

+1,000

Someone who gets it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.