Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Now on a more serious note, especially for Falco who seems to be championing the bullying theme

Yes, bullying exists and yes it must be stopped. I think that outside of Education system you guys are exaggerating it's prevalence, but whatever.
    My problem with this story is that I'm not sure if bullying occurred in this particular case. Don't get me wrong -- I thoroughly enjoy the distraction on the heads of our southern friends. That said ....

Over past 1.5 years two guys were tight. All of a sudden one of them got offended to the point when he just couldn't stand it any more? Mind you at that time he wasn't a rookie. I'm sorry but I don't buy it. I think it far more likely that one day mommy and daddy came over. Mommy started prepped waterworks about how dangerous NFL is for health. Meanwhile daddy the lawyer heard the massage and -- Ka-Ching!!! -- now everyone can be happy. Son can get away from dangers of the gridiron AND keep the $$$. As a matter of fact, he can make more than if he were to stay in the NFL. All you gotta do it throw under the bus half of the team.

2. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

3. Mitch_Dumstein

GO BUCS!!!

Skin the Sardines TONIGHT!

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

4. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

If Tampa can't tee-off on a Dolphins team that is in turmoil, with a depleted o-line, then Schiano needs to be canned immediately.

I want to see them Hulk smash the shit out of that depleted oline tonight.

5. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

If Mike wallace gets a reception im disapointed with Revis unless he plays zone xD

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I might be tempted to put Revis on Hartline lol, he's Tannehill's favorite receiver and Wallace is just counting his money Holmes-style.

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

If you read the absurdity I was responding to then you'd understand that when people just ramble instead of making an actual argument the deserve to be mocked, not engaged. Shocking, I know :O

Also though to do that your logic needs to be sound (ignoring that it's a straw man). Writing a bunch of irrelevant B.S. just doesn't quite fit the bill. Good try though, it takes practice.

So, to answer yoir question, I respond to straw man with straw men. What's your point?

#507 VanderbiltJets, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

So Curtis Martin is one of the 5 guys on the committee to create a code of conduct for our locker room.

That's odd. The others are Marino(of lovechild fame), JT, Shula, and mother hen himself, Tony Dungy!

9. Virginia Jet

Virginia Jet Member

Oh, the magic words! I was wondering when this issue might crop up. I'm not paying too much attention to l'affaire Incognito, but it'd be interesting to see what kind of result that framing the issue that way might lead. I'd have to be convinced that the league itself could be culpable here, but I suppose Martin's counsel probably has the workings of a theory to prove liability. I've got no real opinion at this point in time, but I've joked that if this goes a certain way, Martin might wind up with a piece of Dolphins, Inc.

What do you mean, lost fans and lost revenue from those lost fans? I'd imagine that NFL or legal proceedings would be almost unconcerned with what ESPN's running. I wouldn't think Martin himself could get into the really serious dollar amounts without some sort of class action.

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

11. steviep

steviep Active Member

Hostile work environment does not apply -- unless its gender/religion/race based. If your boss is a jerk -- assuming he/she is not assaulting you physically -- its all ok. At least that's how I understand it.

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!11

13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah I found it weird till I remembered he actually wanted to buy a piece of the Dolphins (or maybe he did) at one point. Plus who else has been involved with the Jets/Pats/Phins organizations? His mentor Parcells.

14. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

What textbook, Lawyering For Dummies ???

If a woman works at a strip club and patrons grab her ass, that isn't exactly what you'd expect working for a law firm, right ?

Martin is a wuss who punked out on his teammates and is now trying to save face. A real pussy.

What a disgrace.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Uh, I think there is enough there to claim it was race based. Not saying this was a hate crime, but clearly there is a plausible racial harassment claim. The texts alone make it a case worth pursuing for an employment lawyer.

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Looks like according to Schefty, Jeff Ireland is the one who is going to take the fall for the Bullygate.

17. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Who cares about grown men who make millions getting bullied? The fucking bucs won. Can we rejoice at this almost perfect bye week? PLEASE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I know right!!!

Except for those fake ass Bengals, this bye was incredible

19. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Haha phuck the phins.

20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Dolphins are so bad.

I was going to checkout Finheaven to see what their fans had to say about the game.

It won't let me access the page. I guess there is to much traffic on it right now with Fins fans venting their frustrations lmao.