AFC Championship game at Home

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by rohirrim665, Nov 11, 2013.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Obviously just bored here, but I can't help but entertain this thought as I usually do late sunday nights when I can't sleep. Could you imagine what it would be like to have an AFCCG at home? Furthermore, what would ensue if we won. Am I the only one who entertains this sick thought? It would be an overwhelming experience, I honestly can't imagine what the tailgate/stadium would be like. What would happen in the parking lots after a victory sending the Jets to the superbowl? It'd be total mayhem. I'm not drunk, just dreaming.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2 times in recent years I have thought of that. When I walked in to the Stadium in the 2009 finale against the bengals, one of the very few times the Stadium was packed long before KO and it was going buts before the game. The atmosphere was incredible.

The 2nd was walking out of Heinz Field following the 2010 title game loss just wishing we'd have one of these damn things at home.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

In my 33 years of going, all I ever wanted is a home Championship game, just one. Its the greatest day as a football fan. I get so jealous seeing other fans experiencing that rush. I would rent a Winnebago and be in the lot by 7am and take the Friday and Monday off. Please Jets, just once before I die!!!!!!! If we had one against the Broncos in 1996, we would have gone to the Bowl, no doubt

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You mean '98:grin:

The funny thing is 2009 is the closest we ever came to hosting a title game. In '98 Den blew out Miami from the start in the div rd so we had no shot but in 2009 Bal was hanging tough w/ Indy and had they beaten them we would have hosted Bal in the title game.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I remember that too. Would have been the last game played at Giants Stadium. No way the Jets were going down in that one. Sadly, was not meant to be.

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yep, I remember rooting so hard for Baltimore because they were 6th seed and we were fifth. And yes, that win and in Bengals game was the closest I had seen to what might resemble an AFCCG at home. ahhhhhh.................