Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I'd love to know the average SAT score or IQ of the players on Miami this season, Martin excluded.

2. tcw722

tcw722 Member

I haven't read every post so if it was addressed, my bad. But another thing that pisses me off about this is that his teammates say that Incognito is more black than Martin, due to Martin's "soft" & educated background.

So you're only really black if you are uneducated & act like a thug? This fucking society....

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You can throw in the fan base as well. Finheaven is hysterical right now. Nobody can understand how Martin can turn on his teammates like this. Yeah ... It's shocking. They seem like such a great bunch of guys. Not assholes at all.

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Okay, so does anyone still not understand why the team is closing ranks around Incognito? Could it possibly be because lots of them are guilty of borderline criminal behavior?

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

As of 8 a.m. today apparently we now have multiple culprits including threats to rape his sister and he was abused by another player.

Ross should remove the entire infrastructure of his team right now,

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yet people still wanna sit here and say this is normal, happens on every NFL team, and Martin is a pussy.

This is not normal and does not happen on every NFL team. That organization is done for a while. I'm very glad this is happening to them, but I would never want this to happen to anyone in a million years

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's clear to me that Miami's leadership has been asleep at the wheel. This kind of stuff is what happens when the inmates are running the asylum.

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Sounds a lot like the Penn State crazies not understanding why people are upset that kids got ass raped on campus and Paterno did nothing

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I'm just wondering if Philbin and Ireland make it to the end of the season.

They all should be fired now and some players should be suspended.

They can add their practice squad players to the roster (along with signing a few guys off the street) and compete for a good draft pick.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That has now become the question. Philbin was obviously gone at the end of the season 4 or 5 days ago. Ireland is now obviously gone at the end of the season. It's now getting to the point where the NFL might be forced to step in, and Ross would obviously fire them both immediately to try to avoid that if he could.

Hopefully this will now stop the nonsense of people blaming Martin. Everyone was wondering how a piece of garbage like Incognito could be named to a leadership position on the team - well, it's not so mysterious any more. The fish stinks from the head down. (Hey, that saying is even ironic in this context.)

11. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones New Member

Ireland and Philbin should be immediately fired.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This, I would not be surprised if someone else is coaching monday night. Its now become a national story, i seen it being talked about on all the news networks. No owner would be happy about that.

#452 soxxx, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Some middle aged woman was talking about it to her friend on the subway yesterday on the way home. They were talking about how they've seen bullying in the workplace too. So I guess this struck a collective nerve

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you kind of have to take anything the lawyer who defended A Rod and Ryan Braun says with a grain of salt. or are you going to ignore his past history and claim he must be a bastion of truth?

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The reason why ive been so harsh, ill be completely honest, the Jets have been made out to be the clowns, the out of control team, the circus yet the 49ers allow a player charged with a felony to play three days later, the Patriots had a murderer on there team, and now the Phins have a guy that molested someone on a golf course.

And the Jets are the team that outs of control? GTFO. Sure we have had controversy like every other NFL team, but ours does not have serious criminal acts taking place. The media owes the Jets an apology because we look like Saints compared to this shit.

16. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Those players don't understand the psychology behind bullying.

Do you seriously believe that Martin wasn't strongly peer-pressured into going? Once he finally stood up for himself they made him pay for it.

Everyone is sure that Incognito is one of the meanest people in the world, and you don't understand the difference between a timid individual and a little bitch. Incognito is a little bitch because bullies, by their very nature, are little bitches.

Read better, that's already been answered. Unless you don't care about any potential response and just wanted to pontificate.
    Once again, Martin was unable to stand up for himself and unfairly internalized his anger against Incognito. All of what you just said there makes Martin look even more like a victim (to those who are able to comprehend Martin's situation, because clearly you can't).

The reason why you can't understand is, quite simply, because you don't suffer from social anxiety. Just like you don't know what it feels like to be a different race than you are or what it feels like to be an ant instead of a human, psychological issues are much more difficult to empathize with than people realize, thus exacerbating many negative incorrect stigmas associated with mental disorders. At least that goes for those who aren't very familiar or professionally involved with psychology; a lot of reading on the subject (or increasing awareness) would increase empathy IMO.

Bahahahaha everything is a slippery slope. Don't crack down on bounties otherwise players on defense may eventually not be paid at all!

I'll give a sample argument to shutdown this ridiculous logic: you're ignoring the big fat line between personal vs. non-personal. For example, yelling at a player for not hustling is against their effort, whereas calling an individual something about their race or intelligence makes it personal. So, if the person who doesn't run his route properly is called an idiot, then that is personal and shouldn't necessarily be condoned. Whereas yelling "get your ass moving or you're going to the bench" isn't personal and is justifiable. Just an example.

Lawyers that defend their clients aren't liars, they're just doing their jobs. Just because a lawyer has two POS clients doesn't mean that every single one of their clients is a lying POS.

#456 VanderbiltJets, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  17. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Most informative post on the subject

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lmao. No kidding.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9946248/richie-incognito-held-offensive-line-meetings-strip-club

meetings at a strip club and:

Also on Thursday, it was revealed that Incognito was investigated last year for harassing a volunteer at the Dolphins' annual golf tournament by allegedly molesting her with a golf club, according to Aventura, Fla., police.

The original police report states that the alleged incident happened at the Turnberry Resort & Club in Aventura, but no charges were filed against Incognito.

The 34-year-old volunteer told police Incognito had been drinking and was "acting very inappropriate towards her," and that she went to police after Incognito said he wouldn't apologize.

The report states that the volunteer told police that Incognito "used his golf club to touch her by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach then to her chest. He then used the club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head" before continuing his aggression toward the woman, the report states.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

^^ What a fuckin prick man.

Holy hell. And to think that the Dolphins organization let this happen is beyond me. I hope he never plays another down of football in the NFL again.