Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Oh yeah, it's far from over alright. The phins will be no push over, but with the big Incognito mess going on, I'm not as worried as I was before. Our d line will be a nightmare matchup for them. The Steelers are better than their record as well. I'm just saying the Patriots, Saints & Bengals are significantly better than all the other teams on our schedule minus possibly Carolina. Obviously no game is guaranteed and anything can happen, but we are indeed in the driver seat at this point with the heavy lifting behind us. Carolina is the only winning team left on the schedule. This could change if the phins win another but I seem em blowing this game to the Bucs. Ravens definitely aren't as scary as they used to be. No doubt we'll lose a couple we shouldn't, though.

#261 Barcs, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Since we lost to the Titans,we might need to get to 10 wins to be able to make the playoffs. Titans are 4-4 and still play Jags twice. They are practically 6-4. If they split rest of the 6 games 3-3, they will be ahead of Jets if we don't get to 10 wins.

3. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

good point but they also play the colts twice so lets hope but we need to beat the bills and sweep the dolphins for sure. Btw Winning the division is not totally out of the question.

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Jags will hand them a loss, I think Miami loses to Tampa Bay this week too.

5. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

I guess you don't know New England that well.

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

baring a :gpc:the east is out of reach, regardless of if we go 5-1 in it.

we'll likely screw up at least twice and they probably won't lose more than 3 times.

I'm more concerned with the titans and the second wild card than the division, thats the goal far as I'm concerned. they're pretty likely to go at least 9-7.

they play indy at home on a thursday night. that could be trouble, I wouldn't doubt them splitting it with the colts.

that loss is looking like its gonna hurt...

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

They've also got a game against the Broncos. Titans have a tough streak to end their season. As for the division, I think it's already over. NE looks like they're gonna finish this season with 4-5 losses & get their first round bye.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

As part of this discussion just realize that if either the Titans or the Chargers win this week the Jets are the 7 seed at that point. If both win the Jets are the 8 seed.

It's a long road ahead for the Jets and my guess is that unless they find a path to 10-6 it's not going to include the playoffs.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Amazing none of U have done your homework. In the simplest terms if the NYJs win out they secure the #6 slot for the big dance. That means they will have nobody to blame for there failure if they do not make it but them selves. I am basing this on that SD/TN will lose a game or 2 before season end :sad:

10. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

We all know what kind of disaster the Jets are capable of fielding, whether it be the end of a season or just a game. The good news is simply that our remaining schedule looks relatively weak. No single game will be easy, but all are games for the taking, and I think we can all agree on that without being homers. I really like our chances next week in Buffalo, with us coming off a buy with a little momentum, against a rookie QB who has missed some games. With some momentum behind us, sitting at 6-4 we head to Baltimore. This game I really feel like we should win, based on the collective 9 games so far but any given Sunday as they say. I just think we throttle Flacco and Ray Rice, and they they haven't had such a savy defense this year so we will be competitive. If we can win those 2 away games and come home 7-4, combined with the possibility of Miami spiraling with the loss of the entire left side of their O-line... I'm salivating thinking about Wilk just tearing up backup linemen all day. After that the speculation gets more foggy because of how injuries etc can really effect the matchup. But looking forward to just those 3 games, I think the Jets have a realistic shot at being 8-4. I also know all three are tough games but talking about how they could lose just isn't as fun.

11. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

If only we had at least 1 weapon on offense...fingers crossed.

12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

You are absolutely wrong.

If the Jets win out, they are NOT assured anything.

The Jets, Titans, and Chargers all have 4 losses. If either/both teams win out, they would hold the tie-breaker over the Jets.

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U ought to learn how to read as I stated that both SD & TN would lose games along the way to the end of the season. Oh yes SD plays Den @ 1625 hours this Sunday :sad:

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Once again, how big was that week 2 game ?

3 points.

Division.

Just like I said.

15. Lon Chaney

My fault. Didn't see the last sentence.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is what happens.

2006, blowout loss to NE to start the season. If we switch that result, we win the division.

2009, we lose to NE in a blowout in game 2 vs them. If we win that game, we take the division.

2010, we lose to NE in a blowout game 2 vs them, we don't recover for a couple weeks, lose the division. (but end up winning game 3)

2011 we were never in it for the division, but the blowout loss to NE gave us less breathing room down the stretch for the playoffs.

NE is a tough game, you are going to need to be lucky and good to sweep them.

The Jets have an odd mix of wins. They are 2-1 in division which is good against MIA. They are 0-3 in the rest of the AFC which bad against other AFC foes especially TEN. They are 3-0 vs the NFC which is good again vs the Dolphins, and the 4th tiebreaker for other AFC Teams.

17. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

Only team we need to worry about are the titans...honestly we have the easiest schedule left but let's take this one game at a time, if we can't beat the bills then we don't deserve this since we blew one at home against Pitt....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Who to cheer for week 10 edition

Jaguars at Titans

Raiders at Giants

Rams at Indy

Bills at Steelers

Bengals at Ravens

Texans at Arizona

Broncos at Chargers

Dolphins at Buccaneers

19. Lon Chaney

I disagree with the steelers. I know Pittsburgh has only 2 wins, but the jets control the tie break over the bills. I'd rather see the steelers buried at this point.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

There he is. Claiming that he called something, when in reality it was probably just tossed in with the other bullshit. Same old Hobbes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.