Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Revis, hasn't done anything, anything special this season. Not sure, how he can remain in "Hall of Fame path" discussion if this trend continues. We all saw him get blocked out of his shoes against Carolina and Larry Fitzgerald torched him for game winning td 1 on 1; on "the island".

He is lost right now; either money is his only motivation or he just hasn't realized it yet; or both.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Schiano will be fired in TB after this season and the new coach will bring in a coordinator who will use Revis correctly.

There's no way to know if the ACL is affecting Revis or if it's the defensive scheme.

Either way, this season he isn't even worth the 12 mill.

3. Petey

Petey Active Member

Wasn't there an article a couple of weeks ago that said that Revis was playing more zone instead of press man because he couldn't trust his ACL yet and is only now just starting to round back into form? I think he'll be fine next season. That said, I'm glad they didn't pay him $16 million per season.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This being Tuesday, looking back to the big win the thing about it that might have the most long term, and positive, implications for the Jets concerned Milliner. i know it was only one game. And I understood, and to a large extent shared, much of the negative things said about him before. But ftr I did not say he was a bust, yet.

Perhaps, just perhaps, this performance against NO shows he has been hampered by injury, and is not only getting over them but also learning the position. He certainly showed some things we have not seen from him before against NO.

And i know the blustering Ryan is not always my favorite Ryan. But Rex seems awfully certain that Milliner will succeed. I am thinking this is not to be overly discounted. Maybe Rex knows what he is talking about.

You don't even have to look medium term to see how critical it is for Milliner to be a success. Even the playoff talk for this season immediately is more suspect if Milliner performs more like he did in Cincy than this past Sunday. As for the draft next year, what would the Jets do if Milliner really were a bust? They need high draft picks elsewhere, but with Wilson still shaky and Cro suddenly showing signs of aging, a Rex Ryan D cannot afford to have a depleted secondary.

But if Milliner can justify his first round pick status, it makes a world of difference to next year's draft strategy, and the development of this team over the next couple of years.

So it's only one game, but I submit Milliner as perhaps the most positive thing to come out of the Saints game.

5. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Dee

Milliner has all the tools to be a top corner. That besides QB is the toughest position to learn in the NFL. Any talk about bust etc. is just silly. As long as he is healthy and wants to learn and work hard he will do fine.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

we musn't forget that DR's 16 mill in FLA goes alot further then 12 mill up here...

and no state inc tax....

maybe he's the lone smart one...

7. Cunninglinguist

Cunninglinguist Active Member

Mili is not a bird brain like Wilson, he has legit potential

A shame about Walls though, he is not who we thought he was

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

No way Revis is in Tampa next year. Can't invest that kind of money in a CB when you have a lot of holes to fill.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Can't fault the guy for taking the money -- but he has held out what 3 times? Rex made the biggest mistake by creating a monster with all of his hype and praise. He just got too big for his own good and this year i have seen him beat more than he was during his entire time in NY.

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Rex made him the beast that he was. It's sad to see the beast turned into a money hungry monster.

11. Big Blocker

It amazes me that people would rather talk about Revis than Milliner.

well, maybe not that much having been around here for awhile.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You may want to change that "we" into an "I". I thought he was a viable option until Milliner got his sh*t together and a future starter once Cro is off the books. Nothing has happened to change that thought.

13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

great game for Milliner. we all knew it would take time for him. with his injuries and hold out. it takes awhile to learn a playbook and new system.

he will be great.

14. Mitch_Dumstein

Dee will be fine

Darrelle will be a cheaper free agent for some team next season after Schiano and their GM are sh1tcanned and they start over on a complete rebuild in which they can't afford to pay the 20 million Mevis, Schwartz, Feinsod and Uncle Sean will be threatening to hold out for in 2014

He'll settle for around 3 years at 12 per with 2 of them guaranteed from some team and then after that guarantee is finished, he'll be Aso'd to the scrap heap and probably out of the NFL

His talent is completely and forever tarnished and destroyed by the actions of his greedy agents and his slimy Uncle

15. Big Blocker

Not sure what you mean about Walls. You think he sucks?

16. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

LOL the fact that people are even pondering if Revis will be released is ridiculous. They just invested the 13th overall pick into him, and they most certainly will not cut him. Schiano will likely be fired, as will most of his staff. Whatever coach comes in will be ecstatic to have him on board, and he is still young player. The rate at which teams can rebuild can be as fast as a year with the right QB and coaching, just look at our current talent, wouldn't you say overall Tampa has more? Darrelle Revis, Dashon Goldson, Mark Barron, Lavonte David, Gerald McCoy on D and Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Carl Nicks... These are all players that have the potential for pro bowl level play any given year, and the makings of a good team. The new coach takes his QB with a high pick and the first round (with a pick as high as their's they are in the race for Bridgewater or any top QB), and They can be at 5-4 or better this time next year. Any way you look at it, Revis will be a Buccaneer in 2014.

17. Mitch_Dumstein

maybe so, but Mevis and his gang of extortionists are probably not willing to accept a second year at a mere 16 million (which the Bucs can't afford to pay him and still rebuild) and will be threatening a holdout for more annual money OR some deal where he stays at 16million but gets the next 2 maybe 3 years guaranteed.

If they Bucs have any sense, they use all those millions to plug some of the many holes they have and don't put all their salary cap in the hands of one greedy extortionist cornerback

18. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

what if they cut him and sign him again like Saints did with Vilma. Lets keep it about Dee milliner tho the kid played good i liked when he broken a pass play and clapped afterwards xd.

#378 RubenDias, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

1) Revis is on a non-guaranteed deal so you cut Revis off that deal, he will find himself guaranteed money elsewhere and will be of high demand.

2) Why would Revis return to an awful Bucs team unless TB ponies up even more pay? They got Revis signed to his deal because Revis did not test the open water.....teams will go ga-ga over Revis if he ever made it to FA. If Revis has a choice between a lousy Bucs team and a team like Denver who could offer him some money, he'll take the latter unless the Bucs go nuts with the money/guaranteed cash.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yawn. Why are we talking about the Revis thing in here? It has nothing to do with Milliner.