Darrelle Mevis: I'd rather have more $$$ than be with better team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

2. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

This is why he doesn't deserve to be a champion. He doesn't have the mentality of one. I'm so glad that he's winless over there. Hope he's having fun doing barely anything playing zone coverage.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Hope they guy never makes the playoffs ever again.. Fucking smut.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

to be fair, he said he'd rather have the $16 mil than play for Rex, not that he would rather have the $16 mil than win in general.

maybe he just doesn't like Rex.

nah, who am I kidding.

but in the end there will always be a team that will pay him, so he could sign with a winner at some point and have both. but any team signing him should obviously be wary about his motivation once you give him that guaranteed cash. ask the Buc fans how much Revis seems to want to tackle this year.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Other people said this, what is he suppose to say?

Only question I have, is how he stays on "Hall of Fame path" discussions with seasons like this? Understandably, coming off injury; but this is a "what have you done lately"; win now league. Another season like the one he is having, and he falls way off top CB discussion.

6. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

whatever, we got the best years of his career...........and yes after his antics we all knew he was all about the money.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I keep rooting for them to lose. I almost want them to cut him so he doesn't make as much $ anymore, but I want my 3rd round pick so eh..whatever.

8. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

There tends to be two types of players in this league, those who love the game, and those who love the money that comes from playing the game.

If you asked me, I'd choose saving 16M a year on a CB and being 5-4 at the mid mark than being 0-8 and wasting 16M a yer on a CB.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Meh, he's probably just sticking up for his team. Imagine he answered that tweet saying something like, "Yeah, you know this team is gabage and I don't like the HC. In retrospect I totally would have taken a paycut to play for NY". Nobody in their right mind says that.

In reality there isn't much difference between making 12 million and 16 million a year. Either way you have plenty to spend your life doing anything you could ever want and put your grandchildren's children through college. That's why I find it so comical when people fight over millions. How much of that money is going to help the needy?

#9 Barcs, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  10. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

He had no obligation to answer, he could have said nothing.
    Revis went out of his way to publicly state he's a loser.

a very very very rich loser.

11. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I have a feeling he's just saving face. I'm sure he'd much rather be on the Jets right now making 12 mil than the Bucs making 16 mil.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He could have just left the tweet as is as well.

But he answered it and showed all along he's about the $$$.

Mevis worked hard to become a top notch corner in today's NFL thanks to preparation, hard work and determination but Rex also made him more elite by putting Mevis in situations where he excelled at, not to mention game planning his defense around his stud corner.

Now he's on a horrible team making 16 mill in which the Bucs really have no obligation to re-up with him at any given year and on a team that's not suiting him to the best if his abilities. Have fun with that...that's how asomugha started his decline....

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, that about covers it. Moving on here...

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I highly doubt this. No way would he rather be making $4 mil less to play on a borderline playoff team.

If you said he'd rather be on the Broncos or 49ers right now at $12 mil I might buy it, but probably not.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

There is no doubt playing in New York built his brand better than Tampa (or many other teams) ever could.

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

You dont have to have the mentality to be a champion. You just have to be very good at what you do. And Revis is.

He shouldnt have responded to the tweet but, it could have just been a sarcastic response after a really tough loss against the Seahawks.

17. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

The main thing is, Revis had no obligation to answer that question.
    He took the time to go out of his way to respond. This dude has 166 followers on Twitter, I guarantee nobody saw that tweet before Revis blew it up. Revis wanted everyone to know he's happily making more money to settle as a LOSER.

The circus has moved to Tampa Bay folks, plain and simple.

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And Miami :D

19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Question: Revis was clearly on pace to be a HoFer. Does anyone think he still is?

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Even if he's just talking shit to a fan - which I think he was - it's a bad look for him.

He never should've responded with the "naw 16 is better" either don't respond at all or say you are happy being a buccaneer. He never should've mentioned the money. He helps build the stereotype about him with posts like that.