Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Funny how so many are offended by discussing the playoff picture when we're 5-4 with our toughest opponents out of the way. Who can honestly say they expected the Jets to be over .500 at this point in the season? We have the #6 spot right now, no need to be angry, this is what real fans of teams do. No need to have a bug up your ass whenever something positive is mentioned. If you'd rather live your live sulking in misery, that's fine. Don't open the thread.

#221 Barcs, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Pretty much summed it up my friend.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Or we could just cut & paste all the giddy chatter around here when we were 8-3 in '08, huh?

4. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

By the looks of when you joined... you're quite the goodluck charm huh?

5. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

10 Wins are needed for the wildcard spot unless the titats screw up do they have a tough games in front of them?

6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

5-4 was the best case rose colored glasses scenario, not the games they won / lost individually but if everything broke right there were a number of people here that thought they could be in this position.

I think yesterday's win changes everyone's outlook for the rest of the season.

Winning 9-10 games doesn't seem out of the question now. It remains to be seen if they can do it as their is a history of playing down to the level of the opponent but this start going into the bye should give even the worst Johnny Raincloud fan reason to be optimistic for the rest of the season.

7. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I don't mind anyone discussing playoffs......but the reality is they have to prove they can bring their home game on the road for me as a fan to entertain those thoughts. Right now theyre fun to watch every other week, and embarrassing in between. Ironically the bastards played they're best road game in Atlanta and knocked me out of survivor pool! lol

The 2 weeks after the bye will tell me what I need to know........If they win one of at Buff or at Balt then I'll start dreaming about playoffs.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I propelled us to two AFC Championship games.

What have you done for us lately?

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

And? That's supposed to mean it's wrong to be happy and excited for a team or discuss playoff possibilities? I don't get it. 08 collapsed due to the Favre injury. Sure, anything could happen, we could lose the next 5 in a row after 3 linesmen tear ACLs and Geno breaks his throwing arm. That doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it and be happy for the team. As fans, it should be our job to be optimistic. I knew the Pats win was big, but the Saints win is much bigger. We haven't beat a quality healthy team since 2010. Nah, lets just pretend we don't have a chance so we can avoid possible disappointment. That's how you be a fan. Most folks predicted 2-4 wins tops this year before the season. I guess that's what fans should do. Always talk negative because you might be right. It's about the ego, not football.

#229 Barcs, Nov 4, 2013
  10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Titans have Colts twice & Broncos once. All three of those games are too early for Colts/Broncos to be resting starters for playoffs.
    Chargers have Chiefs twice & Broncos twice & Bengals once.

Dolphins, Titans & Chargers are the only teams that can have the same record as Jets after bye week.

===
    Team with best chance to beat out the Jets for wildcard is actually the Dolphins (assuming they win next week).

#230 ajax, Nov 4, 2013
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am more concerned about Titans than anybody else.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

TBH I think people legitimately do not know or understand how to read the NFL Standings. I bet half of Jet fans dont even realize that right now the Jets are in sole possession of a wild card, so when they see people talking about playoffs they think its insane but right now we are in first for the six seed through 9 games of a 16 game NFL season. Ontop of that we have by far the easiest schedule compared to the rest of the competition.

If we dont make the playoffs I will be severely disappointed because based on our schedule, our competitions schedule, and our play through 9 games we should make the playoffs without a question.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If your talking playoffs, then an AFC East division win is always "bigger" than a win over a team out of your conference.

But as far as bragging rights, then the Saints win was more impressive.

And yeah...shit happens. I'm ecstatic we're even considered playoff contenders. So color me happy...but cautious.

I'd be happier if we could put two good games together in a row.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

effin right. amen.

15. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Ryan's Jets always make the playoffs when they get a home win over the New England Patriots. I predicted 9-7 and winning the division earlier this season (had the Pats at 8-8). Looks like the Pats will win the division again but we could go 9-7 or even 10-6 and make the playoffs. Although I was expecting big contributions from Holmes and Goodson- the fact that we are pulling wins out with practice squad talent really shows what kind of coaching staff and team cohesion we have going for us.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Since two of our remaining seven games are against the Fins, their implosion does not hurt our playoff chances.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The win against the Pats was orders of magnitude more important than the win against the Saints.

The Jets lose that second game to the Pats and I think Rex was gone at the end of the year barring a miracle. I also don't think they beat the Saints after losing to the devil at home.

You think Brees wasn't doubting himself coming into this game after watchng what the Jets did to Brady two weeks before? I saw a lot of doubt in the man's eyes by halftime.

18. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ummm... Doug Brien? :(

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets win 4 in a row right now they'll be 9-4 and the favorite for the 6 seed. They won't have locked anything up by going on a major win streak, they'll just have set the table for what they really have to do to make the playoffs.

20. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

The biggest challenge for the Jets is consistency. They can't have great wins against the Patriots and Saints and then lose to the Steelers and stink it up against the Bengals.

The schedule does look for the Jets. They have a very good chance at a wild card. But not if they lose to a reeling Dolphins or whoever.

Great win against the Saints btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.