Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Can't see any reason that any team would want this piece of crap playing for them at any point in the future.

The next time someone refers to people like Dez Bryant (who is a complete jackass) as a "cancer", just remember this stuff - Incognito is the definition of the word.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the media/league/ whoever is doing Martin an injustice by calling it "bullying".

That's why you have armchair bad asses calling Martin a wuss, making general comments about an overly sensitive country, etc...

It's not playground bullying - it's workplace harassment plain and simple. Upper management obviously knew this harassment was going on and they did nothing.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Bingo.

And if it comes out that Martin is gay and Incognito knew...game over.

4. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Interesting that you bring up Dez. Remember when Ireland asked Dez if his mom was a prostitute in the days leading up to the draft? See a pattern developing here within the organization?

5. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I didn't know that. seriously??

6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

A [not so] Incognito voicemail:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...-dolphins-used-slurs-messages-jonathan-martin

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

9. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

It was bad enough for Martin to take it to Philbin and the Dolphins higher ups.

10. nyjunc

I understand that and Incognito is probably guilty but those voicemails in print, out of context don't mean a lot on their own.

11. Snatch Catch

We don't know the details yet, but if I'm wagering, that laughter is the typical bullying/harassment condescension. It fits perfectly.

12. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

You don't go to your boss if it's just two bros busting balls.

13. statjeff22

This is what so many people seem to not understand. To people who say "this is locker room stuff, man up" I would ask, how would you feel if a coworker said and did these things to you? How would you feel if you told your bosses (as it now seems could have been the case) and nothing changed? How about if this happened to your son at his job? This is a textbook hostile work environment, and just because you're an athlete, that doesn't mean you have to take it.

There is a massive lawsuit here, and not (just) against Incognito - if it can be shown that the Dolphins (and by extension the NFL) ignored this kind of stuff they will be praying for the opportunity to settle this with "only" a few million dollars. The savings in not having this be the lead story on SportsCenter every day would make it easily worth it.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

In context Icognito was suspended for his involvement in player misconduct toward Martin, a fellow teammate.

Additionally, the formal complaint cites harassing phone calls as well as a voicemail corroborating said events.

Regardless of whether or not Incognito was joking or not, in these harassment scenarios it's always how the interaction is perceived by the person it is directed to.

So if Martin perceives this as harassment, it is.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I told you, all you posters claiming Martin is a pussy need to find out the entire situation first.

I don't give a shit how big you are or how tough you are. When you are being harassed and threatened like that, no one wants to be there. I would have done the same shit. Report it and leave. The guy has a family and a heart just like all of us. I have always hated bullying. This really bothers me man

16. nyjunc

I am not condoning what incognito did only defending his right to get his side out there but you can't compare a locker room to a typical workplace environment. This is not some typical office in an office building somewhere.

17. statjeff22

The NFL couldn't disagree with you more strongly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...oyees-have-right-to-positive-work-environment

It is exactly that mindset that results in people like Incognito getting away with this for years, in high school, in college, and in the pros. This is a workplace environment, and the laws apply there in exactly the same way that they do anywhere else. The Justice Department takes these things very seriously, and it's about time that fans and athletes did too.

18. nyjunc

they can disagree all they ant(notice nothing done before this came out? you think this only has happened in Miami?) but an NFL locker room is nothing like a regular office.

19. Snatch Catch

I understand where you're coming from, but you're wrong. A professional football locker room is not in any way exempt from labor laws pertaining to worker treatment because of the way we as fans view the industry and its employees.

Unfortunately for Incognito it is exactly the same as a typical office in an office building somewhere.

20. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member