Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Their oline is atrocious right now. If we limit the turnovers we will wax them up and down the field.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's the Fins so I'm not going to make any predictions, but yeah, with Tannehill throwing the ball and the protection being next to non-existent I think the Jets have very favorable opportunities in both games.

The Jonathan Martin thing was the clincher for me in coming to that determination. And for what it is worth there is something very wrong in that locker room if one offensive lineman was allowed to work on his team mate to the point the guy left the team. Martin was weak for doing that but Incognito, man that is some piece of work he did there.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Same dolphins that beat the bengals that smoked us. Mhm

4. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

You fool! You've doomed our playoff chances now with this thread!!! Don't you know that games aren't decided by the players on the field?! These games are decided by ancient deities that cull the internet looking for fans who've violated arcane and ancient rules of fandom and the team with the fans making the fewest AND least egregious errors are favored by these deities. Talk of the playoffs this early is one of the great football sins.....

Now I'm gonna have to go sacrifice three ducks, a chicken, and a mongoose while throwing three hail marys..... AGAIN! Thanks alot man....

Btw, anyone know where I can get another mongoose? I'm out.

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Incognito just got suspended by the Dolphins ... Basically for being a DICK.
    Don't know if this means Martin will return, but that OL is anything but cohesive.

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

you're so right! I mean you go to any pats forum and they NEVER talk about the playoffs till like, mid-game week 17! :rofl:

and no I don't have a mongoose, just a duogoose, the awkward beast of burden...

you know I'm not afraid of the dolphins at all, at this point I'm more concerned about the titans, they seem very likley to go 9-7 and knock us out due to that tiebreaker. hoping they collapse but when you have to face the jags twice...

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

One. Game. At. A. Time.

8. Jay Bizniss

Lets play "If the Season Ended Today". Right now we would be playing the Colts in the Wildcard Round. Lets assume that the Colts and Bengals stay as the 3rd and 4th seed in either order... Who would we rather play in the playoffs? Colts or Bengals? After that shalacking from Cincy last week, I am gonna choose the Colts.. With Reggie Wayne out, the Colts do not have too many weapons on offense. I think we could go into Lucas Oil and come out with a victory...

Again this is all in fun do not get carried away and say I am jinxing anything.. Its just a discussion.

What would be your ideal Wild Card matchup for the Jets?

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

1)Colts
    2)Patriots
    3)Bengals

Bengals D scares me.

10. Jay Bizniss

I agree.. Colts would be the ideal matchup with the Pats right behind them.. We can deff beat both teams.. Want nothing to do with the Bengals...

11. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I wouldn't want then in the WC. I'd want them eventually though. Just like the Pats in 2010. We get embarrassed by them earlier in the season, only to beat them at their own place in the playoffs.

12. LWC611

LWC611 Member

This thread reminds me of a morning t.v. news show.

Way Too Early....

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I still think we have a shot to win the division. The Pats could easily lose their next 2. We have to beat Buffalo and take care of the Dolphins. Division record is going to be key.

14. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

I remember reading the SI football issue picking the Jets for 3 wins and saying
    To myself we are not that bad.

Now I have myself dreaming of a playoff run once again.

At least there is hope, last years with the butt fumble etc, it was a bad year for the fans

This playoffs or not is a good season

Lam

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Also ideally I want the Chiefs to get the 1 seed, please send Denver on the road as a wildcard.

16. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Jets @ Bills W
    Jets @ Ravens W
    Dolphins @ Jets W
    Raiders @ Jets W
    Jets @ Panthers L
    Browns at Jets W
    Jets @ Dolphins W

11-5. I predicted 10-6 before this year, but was wrong with Atlanta, Pitt, and the New Orleans games. Not bad for a rebuilding/young team.

17. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Well come back and smash the bungles, you heard it hear first.

Lam

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

One day a rookie QB is going to get to the Super Bowl, one day a team is going to represent itself in the Super Bowl at home. With a fairytale run the Jets could kill 2 birds with 1 stone:grin:

19. Jay Bizniss

Arrowhead is the last place you want to go and play in the playoffs.. Would much rather go into Denver then go into Arrowhead.. That home field advantage is ridic!

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Denver is death for D Lineman on opposing teams. The Jets strength will be lined up on the bench sucking O2 in the second half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.