Absolutely Completely Totally Horrible Refs Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Lord, Nov 3, 2013.

1. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

If this is the wrong place forgive me.

So many terrible god awful calls today. The hold on Winters on Powell's huge run, and the absolute phantom roughing the passer call of course come recently to mind. But in general, anything short of tackling from behind by the Saints (LOL, that one thankfully was called) offensive line hasn't been called, and our D line is still in Brees' face.

Is there any recourse from the league for this garbage? These calls HAVE changed the game, and you even get Pereira up there saying that the call made literally no sense. You rarely get the announcers, the entire stadium upon replay, AND the former head of officiating to all denounce a call as absolutely terrible.

2. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Granted I'm a Patriots fan, but I thought the Jets got away with about a dozen holding calls. Refs suck period. They don't favor one team over another.

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

They were horrible for both teams. We've won, forget it.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I hate when Jet fans...Im a Jet fan..come on after games and complain but do me a favor...get lost. You were just watching Jet holding? Give me a break.

That was one of the worst called games I have ever seen....and to top it all off the only real roughing the qb was when Geno got hammered in the head.

Horribly called game...horrible.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

There were two terrible calls. Both roughing the passer calls which Mike Perara the FOX ex ref disagreed with. Besides that, nothing too blatant.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Before that bull shit Brees penalty on Bush there was a clear holding call where the linemen was holding Wilk bad. Fuck em, they always suck.

7. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Holdings weren't called both ways. That being said, that roughing the passer call against Brees was bullshit, and was made even worse when Geno is clearly down and some jackass spears himself head first at Geno, and there is no call.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm not one to bitch about calls, but damn, today was pretty bad. That hit on Brees should be reviewed by the league and that Ref reprimanded publicly. I know it won't happen, but it should.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

there are the standard bad calls which happen every game, and then there are just atrociously bad calls which demand recourse. that roughing the passer call is as bad a call that can possibly be made and the Jets deserve to have that acknowledge by the NFL publicly.

10. SyraJet

SyraJet New Member

Mo's head hit was a joke

11. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

The Wilk slap to the head is called many times, as head contact is a point of emphasis. The other one was complete BS, and at a crucial point in he game. Apparently now you can't tackle a QB high, you can't tackle him low, and you can't tackle him RIGHT IN THE MIDSECTION!

If the Jets would up losing his game, I could see Rex reverting back to his old days, asking how much a fine was for saying something bad about the refs, and lambasting them for that horrid, horrid call.

#11 Mayhem, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  12. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Pretty much, it was one of the worst calls I've ever seen (one of the worst on the season by far).

Josh Bush hit him below the waist, where you should hit a QB. Where else was he supposed to hit him?

13. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

first thing I thought about cman was the football gods were beginning their catchup with some of the Jet victories.

That call...that last R.T.P call could have cost this team the game...I mean..thats the game right there. That is such a horrible call. You cant hit high..you cant hit low..they should just draw two lines on the qbs and say stay between the lines.

To top it all off, you had the bitch Brees actually play along and get up screaming at the Jet defender...what a little pussy.

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Yea , he sold it as he grabbed his knee when he went down then has the nerve...lol

and I like Brees.

There were quite a few holds on our D-Line and what's sad is that they let the guys get away with it.
    Today there were quite a few questionable calls against us but there were some that were penalties.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

The hit that Josh Bush put on Brees was ridiculous, it was right at the belt buckle which is apparently where Brees' knees are.
    The Wilkerson mit to the helmet was BS as well, remind me why football players wear helmets again.
    Ironically the 'safer' the game is becoming the more injuries we're seeing.

16. Mitch_Dumstein

I think the problem is that that little girly midget Brees is so frigging short that his waist is at the level of the average person's knees and that confused the incompetent amateur NFL official on leave from his day job as an insurance salesman

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The referees have been terrible all season, league wide. It's been brutal. They were bad yesterday.

I think the competition committee has put too many rules in the book that it has confused them. It's roughing the passer if you hit them high, low, late or with your helmet. That doesn't leave much margin of error for the players or the officials.

18. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

That roughing the passer call was so horrible and it almost costed us the game.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The way Brees went down I think impacted the call, in reg speed it looked like we hit his knees so I wasn't surprised to see the flag but seeing the replay it was obviously a terrible call that thankfully we overcame again.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Best advice, get use to it. However, whenever the Jets do get a call in our favor never be the one that says, "I don't want to win that way." Fuck that, we have had our fair share of shitty calls.