Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

My understanding was for it to be a TD the tip of the ball has to enter the EZ and for it be a safety, the whole ball has to be in the EZ.

From the picture, the football doesn't seem completely in the EZ but who knows, you really shouldn't be taking a sack there

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-with-safety-call-nfl-says-refs-got-it-right/

That's where I got my info from. I didn't know what the rule was before yesterday.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Incognito being investigated for harassing J Martin. He seems to always be at the center of some controversy.

But only the Jets have a "toxic" locker room.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Seems odd given that they haven't produced any details, just that he is "being investigated". I had read earlier in the year that Incognito had been much more mature after going to anger management, etc.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^I read that too. He started taking an SSRI medication to help his mood. Intetesting to think that the guy with mental health issues would be harassed by a guy also with mental health problems. I am very interested in this story as I have a few ppl close to me with these kinds of problems. I hope Jon Martin gets healthy soon.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

It is just kind of irritating that this story is being blown up when we all know this type of "hazing" occurs. Wasn't it just last year or the year before that it was "big news" that the Giants dumped somebody in a tub of ice water? Hell on Hard Knocks for us they shaved a dick into somebodies hair. I even read that Martin himself was involved in other pranks regarding other olineman. If that is true then he definitely can't be blaming this on "bullying".

I mean how did Martin get thru HS and college football without losing his shit? Football locker rooms are full of this type of thing.

I can't wait for mother hen Bob Costas to spout off about this.

I don't mean to sound insensitive because I do hope Martin gets help but they shouldn't be using this story to act like the Phins are a team that permits bullying or other nonsense. This is a Jonathan Martin issue, not a Dolphins issue, if that makes any sense. But I'm sure we will be finding out more so I will wait to pass my final opinion lol

#226 BeastBeach, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah, agreed. We dont know the full story and hazing is standard in all locker rooms at every level. Methinks the stress of competing at the pro level has gotten to him, its not as easy as it was before. Maybe potentially losing his job or lack of succsss has gotten to him cognitively. People are funny animals that work in fucked up ways. It was only last year that that KC player capped his girlfriend and then himself at the stadium, probably stressed the fuck out fearing failure is unacceptable and completely unbalanced in the mind.

People will definitely jump to conclusions on this one like they do with every locker room story.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

yeah I wasn't doubting you, I always get that rule confused in my head.

I guess it makes sense if I thought it out, if the any part of the ball touches the GL, it's a TD because the ball is in the EZ, so that means if any part of the ball touches the GL it's a safety because the ball is still in the EZ.

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yeah. My thought process about this is just that it seems like if you are a guy that can't handle pressure then you would have been weeded out long ago. There must be thousands who have all the skill but can't handle the mental aspect and don't end up as pros because of it.

Plus it isn't like he had been REALLY stinking it up. Clabo was the one who was so awful that we traded for Mckinnie. Martin got kicked over to RT as a result but it wasn't because Martin couldn't play LT. It was because Mckinnie was a better fit at LT. But maybe he took that move personally. I mean at least he didn't get benched.

Another thing I wanted to comment on is I don't like how people are suggesting that he is gay now. Seems like anytime a guy can't handle pressure or isn't your typical macho "kyle turley/incognito" type then this accusation pops up and I think that is unfair.

#229 BeastBeach, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The game was on too late for their fanbase.

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Richie Incognito, still a bad apple

if there were an NFL player who was a bully, he'd be on the short list.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

There is so much misinformation right now with the Martin thing. IDK what to think other than that Martin is being a big ol puss

14. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

15. tcw722

tcw722 Member

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

Dolphins G Richie Incognito told @JeffDarlington he has been suspended indefinitely.

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

lol, for bullying. Incognito is an idiot.

There was a lot of hype around the Dolphins going into this year. Not only did they manage to blow a 3-0 start, but now they have to suspend one of their starting O-Lineman because he can't act like an adult and managed to force one of their other starting O-Lineman to leave the team. You can't make this stuff up.

The Dolphins are a joke :finssuck::rofl::rofl::rofl:

#236 kevmvp, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  17. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Hopefully he is still out when we play them. Fucking prick.

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Nobody ever said that being able to play sports has anything to do with intelligence, maturity, common sense, etc. Incognito has been one of the true embarrassments in the NFL for years now, and if these stories are true apparently he's far from alone on that team.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

couldn't have happened to a better guy

congrats Richie, hope you're done.

And he was a blight on college football. Getting suspended, having to transfer, etc.

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie